Lightning will not complete the install on Thunderbird 52.8.0.

Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.
0
gLaven
5/30/2018 4:23:36 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 5/30/2018 12:23 PM, gLaven wrote:
> Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.

Make sure that in Tools, Addons, Extensions;   it is enabled.

I have had upgrades that left Lightning disable, and it appeared not to
be installed.

It it was installed but disabled, it may appear you were having trouble
when you tried to installing a second copy.
0
Keith
5/30/2018 4:57:59 PM
On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 11:24:44 AM UTC-5, gLaven wrote:
> Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.

Keith,
  Thank you for the response. However, Lightning shows in Extensions, but says: " Lightning will be installed after you restart Thunderbird." I restart Thunderbird and still has same message.  There are no Enable / Remove buttons like normal.
0
gLaven
5/30/2018 9:27:29 PM
On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 12:08:20 PM UTC-5, Keith Nuttle wrote:
> On 5/30/2018 12:23 PM, gLaven wrote:
> > Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-=
install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after rest=
art, but never does.
> >=20
> Make sure that in Tools, Addons, Extensions;   it is enabled.
>=20
> I have had upgrades that left Lightning disable, and it appeared not to=
=20
> be installed.
>=20
> It it was installed but disabled, it may appear you were having trouble=
=20
> when you tried to installing a second copy.

Keith,
  Thank you for the response.  The Lightning Addin shows in Extensions, but=
 says:  "Lightning will be installed after you restart Thunderbird."  I res=
tarted Thunderbird several times, but always has same message to restart.  =
The Enable and Remove buttons do not appear for the Lightning Addin.
0
gLaven
5/30/2018 9:37:46 PM
On 5/30/2018 5:37 PM, gLaven wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 12:08:20 PM UTC-5, Keith Nuttle wrote:
>> On 5/30/2018 12:23 PM, gLaven wrote:
>>> Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.
>>>
>> Make sure that in Tools, Addons, Extensions;   it is enabled.
>>
>> I have had upgrades that left Lightning disable, and it appeared not to
>> be installed.
>>
>> It it was installed but disabled, it may appear you were having trouble
>> when you tried to installing a second copy.
>
> Keith,
>    Thank you for the response.  The Lightning Addin shows in Extensions, but says:  "Lightning will be installed after you restart Thunderbird."  I restarted Thunderbird several times, but always has same message to restart.  The Enable and Remove buttons do not appear for the Lightning Addin.

It is possible that there is something wrong with the TB installation
also.   I would uninstall TB restart the OS and reinstall TB.  The
uninstall does not distroy your profile.

If that does not work, you could save your profile and repeat the
install procedure TB described above and create a new profile.  If
Lightning installs properly, you can copy the *.MAB files to the new
profile for your address book, and copy the folders MAIL and NEWS from
the old profile to the new profile.    This should give you a working TB
and have your old newsgroups, email, and address book.
0
Keith
5/30/2018 10:31:08 PM
On 5/30/18 12:23 PM, gLaven wrote:
> Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.

What operating system are you using?

How did you install 52.8.0?

Does it appear if you create a new profile?

Do you want to try to reset pref
extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}
so you get the Lightning from the distribution?

--
GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
On 30/05/2018 17:23, gLaven wrote:
> Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.

Thunderbird 52.8.0 is supposed to include Lightening 5.4.8.

Could your AV be blocking it or something?

--

Brian Gregory (in England).
0
On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 5:42:28 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/30/18 12:23 PM, gLaven wrote:
> > Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.
> >

> What operating system are you using?

Windows 7 Pro 64 with Service Pack1

> How did you install 52.8.0?

Thunderbird upgraded automatically.

> Does it appear if you create a new profile?

Looks like just modified the existing one.

> Do you want to try to reset pref
> extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}
> so you get the Lightning from the distribution?

Sorry, do not understand ??
Thank you,
Gerry

> --
> GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
> National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
> Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

0
gLaven
6/5/2018 4:15:45 PM
On Monday, June 4, 2018 at 3:39:22 PM UTC-5, Brian Gregory wrote:
> On 30/05/2018 17:23, gLaven wrote:
> > Lightning disappeared on installing Thunderbird 52.8.0.  I tried to re-install Lightning 5.4 ( the latest release) ,  says will install after restart, but never does.
> >

> Thunderbird 52.8.0 is supposed to include Lightening 5.4.8.

Brian,
I never heard it now included Lightning.
I disabled AV and trying to uninstall Lightning 5.4, but no Uninstall button just, Restart or Undo. Looking for way to uninstall manually.
Thanks,
Gerry

> Could your AV be blocking it or something?
>
> --
>
> Brian Gregory (in England).

0
gLaven