Lightning no longer working with Google Calendar

I've been synching Lightning with Google Calendar for over a year
without any problems, but today when I opened Thunderbird no events were
being displayed in Lightning.

I tried deleting my Google Calendar in Lightning (i.e. in Lightning,
under "Calendars" in the left pane, I right-clicked on "Google Calendar"
and selected "Delete"), but now it won't allow me to re-create the
calendar (I'm trying to create it using the method described at:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar).

When I select File + New + Calendar, then select "On the network", then
click "Next", and then select "Google Calendar", a "Location" text box
should be visible in which I should be able to paste the XML location of
my Google Calendar - but no such textbox is visible. In the dialog box,
the "Location" textbox *is* visible for any option I select other than
"Google Calendar", but it disappears if I select the "Google Calendar"
radio button.

I wondered whether the Provider for Google Calendar add-on might have
stopped working properly so I uninstalled and reinstalled that, but
doing so made no difference.

Thunderbird appears to have just upgraded itself to a new release and I
wondered whether this could have caused the problem? If so how can I
undo this upgrade? Being able to synchronise Lightning with Google
calendar is absolutely critical for me.

I'm on Thunderbird 31.2.0, Lightning 3.3.1 and Provider for Google
Calendar 1.0.1.

Dave

34
Dave
10/14/2014 4:28:17 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Update: downgrading the Provider for Google
Calendar to version 0.32 appears to have fixed this. Does anyone know
why this might be and what functionality I will lose from doing this
downgrade? I can't see any obvious loss of functionality but there must
be something or version 1.01 wouldn't have been released in the first place.

Dave

On 14/10/2014 17:28, Dave Rado wrote:
> I've been synching Lightning with Google Calendar for over a year
> without any problems, but today when I opened Thunderbird no events were
> being displayed in Lightning.
>
> I tried deleting my Google Calendar in Lightning (i.e. in Lightning,
> under "Calendars" in the left pane, I right-clicked on "Google Calendar"
> and selected "Delete"), but now it won't allow me to re-create the
> calendar (I'm trying to create it using the method described at:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar).
>
> When I select File + New + Calendar, then select "On the network", then
> click "Next", and then select "Google Calendar", a "Location" text box
> should be visible in which I should be able to paste the XML location of
> my Google Calendar - but no such textbox is visible. In the dialog box,
> the "Location" textbox *is* visible for any option I select other than
> "Google Calendar", but it disappears if I select the "Google Calendar"
> radio button.
>
> I wondered whether the Provider for Google Calendar add-on might have
> stopped working properly so I uninstalled and reinstalled that, but
> doing so made no difference.
>
> Thunderbird appears to have just upgraded itself to a new release and I
> wondered whether this could have caused the problem? If so how can I
> undo this upgrade? Being able to synchronise Lightning with Google
> calendar is absolutely critical for me.
>
> I'm on Thunderbird 31.2.0, Lightning 3.3.1 and Provider for Google
> Calendar 1.0.1.
>
> Dave

4
Dave
10/14/2014 4:53:10 PM
On 14.10.2014 18:28, Dave Rado wrote:
> I've been synching Lightning with Google Calendar for over a year
> without any problems, but today when I opened Thunderbird no events were
> being displayed in Lightning.
>
> I tried deleting my Google Calendar in Lightning (i.e. in Lightning,
> under "Calendars" in the left pane, I right-clicked on "Google Calendar"
> and selected "Delete"), but now it won't allow me to re-create the
> calendar (I'm trying to create it using the method described at:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar).
>
> When I select File + New + Calendar, then select "On the network", then
> click "Next", and then select "Google Calendar", a "Location" text box
> should be visible in which I should be able to paste the XML location of
> my Google Calendar - but no such textbox is visible. In the dialog box,
> the "Location" textbox *is* visible for any option I select other than
> "Google Calendar", but it disappears if I select the "Google Calendar"
> radio button.

Those instructions are only valid for old releases of the extension. In
the current release you don't need to enter the calendar address
anymore. Just proceed with Next and enter your Google email address on
the following page.

/Stefan
4
Stefan
10/14/2014 5:08:10 PM
Hi Stafan

On 14/10/2014 18:08, Stefan Sitter wrote:

> Those instructions are only valid for old releases of the extension. In
> the current release you don't need to enter the calendar address
> anymore. Just proceed with Next and enter your Google email address on
> the following page.
>
> /Stefan

That didn't work when I try it and in any case Philip (the Provider
add-on's developer said in another thread that the current release or
the Provider isn't working and he advised people to downgrade.

Dave
5
Dave

Web resources about - Lightning no longer working with Google Calendar - mozilla.support.calendar

Lightning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
High-speed, slow-motion lightning video captured with a Phantom v12.1 camera at 6,200 frames per second. Lightning is a massive electrostatic ...

Search Twitter - Lightning
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Cash Cash @ cashcash 17m Our new track LIGHTNING feat. John Rzeznik drops March 24th. Stream it now soundclou ...

Lightning and lava as volcano erupts in Japan
Spectacular images as Sakurajima volcano erupts on Friday night, just 50 kilometres from a nuclear plant in southern Japan.

Lightning and lava as volcano erupts in Japan
Spectacular images as Sakurajima volcano erupts on Friday night, just 50 kilometres from a nuclear plant in southern Japan.

Sakurajima Volcano eruption in Japan creates spectacular show of lava, lightning
Sakurajima Volcano in Japan’s Kagoshima Prefecture erupted on Friday evening, creating a spectacular sky show of lava and lightning.

Lightning and lava as volcano erupts in Japan
Spectacular images as Sakurajima volcano erupts on Friday night, just 50 kilometres from a nuclear plant in southern Japan.

Lightning and lava as volcano erupts in Japan
Spectacular images as Sakurajima volcano erupts on Friday night, just 50 kilometres from a nuclear plant in southern Japan.

9to5Toys Lunch Break: light-up MFi Lightning cable $10, SONOS PLAY:1 $161, TP-LINK Smart Plug $20, more ...
... MISS DEALS: Luminid Touch light-up charging cable is ideal for plugging in at night: $10 (Orig. $20, CA Tax only) 2-pack of 3-ft. MFi Lightning ...

The iPad Pro could charge much faster if Apple would allow a USB 3 Lightning cable
... of time. Charging a completely drained tablet can take up to four and a half hours using the included 12 watt USB charger and USB 2.0 Lightning ...

iPad Pro could use much faster 29W charging, if Apple allows USB 3 Lightning cables
The USB 3 capable Lightning port on Apple's iPad Pro could use an incoming charge of up to 29 watts, matching the abilities of Apple's 12-inch ...