Lightning and iPhone calendar

Can I sync reminders back and forth between Lightning /Thunderbird and the native calendar on my iPhone?
0
jbacinti
1/9/2018 9:50:24 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2579 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 2018.01.09 22:50, jbacinti@gmail.com wrote:
> Can I sync reminders back and forth between Lightning /Thunderbird and the native calendar on my iPhone?

By *native* calendar on your iPhone, did you really mean that your
calendar is not sync'ed to any Internet-based calendar service?

If your answer is "yes", I'm afraid the answer to your question is "no"
because Lightning needs a way to access your calendar inside iPhone.

If your answer is "the iPhone is sync'ed with iCloud", I'm afraid the
answer is still "no".  Well, unless things have been changed since
2017-08-08, Apple has changed its iCloud calendar in such a way that
Lightning cannot access it!

0
STF
1/13/2018 10:27:40 PM
It is synced to fruux.com.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 13, 2018, at 5:27 PM, STF <lapsap7+mz@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> On 2018.01.09 22:50, jbacinti@gmail.com wrote:
>> Can I sync reminders back and forth between Lightning /Thunderbird and th=
e native calendar on my iPhone?
>=20
> By *native* calendar on your iPhone, did you really mean that your calenda=
r is not sync'ed to any Internet-based calendar service?
>=20
> If your answer is "yes", I'm afraid the answer to your question is "no" be=
cause Lightning needs a way to access your calendar inside iPhone.
>=20
> If your answer is "the iPhone is sync'ed with iCloud", I'm afraid the answ=
er is still "no".  Well, unless things have been changed since 2017-08-08, A=
pple has changed its iCloud calendar in such a way that Lightning cannot acc=
ess it!
>=20
>=20
John
1/13/2018 10:45:30 PM
Then you just need to set up your Thunderbird calendar to sync with
fruux.com.

Once you log in that web site, click on "Sync" on top and you'll be
guided through the sync setup process.

Of course, you don't have to install Lightning because it's already
integrated into Thunderbird now.  Their web page has probably not been
updated for years :)

On 2018.01.13 23:45, John Augustin wrote:
> It is synced to fruux.com.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

0
STF
1/14/2018 11:19:20 AM
I'm using Thunderbird version 52.2.5.  I don't see any reference to
Lightning or anywhere to find it.

On 1/14/2018 6:19 AM, STF wrote:
> Then you just need to set up your Thunderbird calendar to sync with
> fruux.com.
>
> Once you log in that web site, click on "Sync" on top and you'll be
> guided through the sync setup process.
>
> Of course, you don't have to install Lightning because it's already
> integrated into Thunderbird now.  Their web page has probably not been
> updated for years :)
>

> On 2018.01.13 23:45, John Augustin wrote:
>> It is synced to fruux.com.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

John Augustin

John Augustin

Phone: 513-984-0425

Cell: 513-470-1603

jbacinti@gmail.com

0
John
1/14/2018 5:54:51 PM
Not Lightning, but Thunderbird.

Find harder.  It's there.

On 2018.01.14 18:54, John Augustin wrote:
> I'm using Thunderbird version 52.2.5.  I don't see any reference to
> Lightning or anywhere to find it.
>
> On 1/14/2018 6:19 AM, STF wrote:
>> Then you just need to set up your Thunderbird calendar to sync with
>> fruux.com.
>>
>> Once you log in that web site, click on "Sync" on top and you'll be
>> guided through the sync setup process.
>>
>> Of course, you don't have to install Lightning because it's already
>> integrated into Thunderbird now.  Their web page has probably not been
>> updated for years :)

0
STF
1/14/2018 7:21:48 PM
On 1/14/2018 2:21 PM, STF wrote:
> Not Lightning, but Thunderbird.
>
> Find harder.  It's there.
>

> On 2018.01.14 18:54, John Augustin wrote:
>> I'm using Thunderbird version 52.2.5.  I don't see any reference to
>> Lightning or anywhere to find it.
>>
>> On 1/14/2018 6:19 AM, STF wrote:
>>> Then you just need to set up your Thunderbird calendar to sync with
>>> fruux.com.
>>>
>>> Once you log in that web site, click on "Sync" on top and you'll be
>>> guided through the sync setup process.
>>>
>>> Of course, you don't have to install Lightning because it's already
>>> integrated into Thunderbird now.  Their web page has probably not
>>> been updated for years :)

The last several version of Thunderbird has included Lightning, even
though the two still appear to be two separate entities.

In Thunderbird, at the right end of the tab bar there are two icons on
has a check mark and the other has the number 7.  This is the most
obvious indication of Lightning.   The Check mark is the task part of
Lightning, and the 7 is the calendar.

There is another Lightning icon on the main Thunderbird window.  In the
bottom left it says Today Pane or an icon with the number 14.  This
brings up a window with reminders from the calendar.  At the very top of
this window are two arrow, clicking these moves you through the various
lightning reminder presentations.

You can change some options in Lightning if you go  to Tools, Option,
Calendar.  This is where you set the days shown in the Lightning
calendar, the date format, and several other parameter

0
Keith
1/14/2018 9:42:12 PM
Keith,

I haven't had time to go through all of your help here but on my version (5.=
2.5) there is no Tools, Options, Calendar. In other words there is no Calend=
ar option.=20

John

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 14, 2018, at 4:42 PM, Keith Nuttle <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wro=
te:
>=20
>> On 1/14/2018 2:21 PM, STF wrote:
>> Not Lightning, but Thunderbird.
>> Find harder.  It's there.
>>> On 2018.01.14 18:54, John Augustin wrote:
>>> I'm using Thunderbird version 52.2.5.  I don't see any reference to Ligh=
tning or anywhere to find it.
>>>=20
ded through the sync setup process.
egrated into Thunderbird now.  Their web page has probably not been updated f=
or years :)
>=20
> The last several version of Thunderbird has included Lightning, even thoug=
h the two still appear to be two separate entities.
>=20
> In Thunderbird, at the right end of the tab bar there are two icons on has=
 a check mark and the other has the number 7.  This is the most obvious indi=
cation of Lightning.   The Check mark is the task part of Lightning, and the=
 7 is the calendar.
>=20
> There is another Lightning icon on the main Thunderbird window.  In the bo=
ttom left it says Today Pane or an icon with the number 14.  This brings up a=
 window with reminders from the calendar.  At the very top of this window ar=
e two arrow, clicking these moves you through the various lightning reminder=
 presentations.
>=20
> You can change some options in Lightning if you go  to Tools, Option, Cale=
ndar.  This is where you set the days shown in the Lightning calendar, the d=
ate format, and several other parameter
>=20
John
1/14/2018 9:51:25 PM
  <head>
  </head>
    When I received your email I started off down the wrong road.   Then
    I realized you don't have the Menu bar.   Put the mouse cursor in
    the area under the top border around the Thurnderbird window.  Right
    mouse click, and you should see Four options; Menu Bar, Main
    Toolbar. Folder Pane, Customize.    Click on Menu bar.   This has 8
    tabs.   The Tools tab is second from right.  With the Menu Bar
    showning, then you can do what I said in my first message.<br>
    Even with both menus not showing you should have the icon with the 7
    (Calendar) and the icon with the Check (Task).<br>
    If this does not correct the problem you may need to back up your
    profile and reinstall Thunderbird.  I don't think this is necessary<br>
            style="font-weight: bold">Religion</span></span><span
          style="font-weight: bold">,</span> morality and knowledge,<span
          style="font-size: 14pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold">being
            necessary to good
            government </span></span>and the happiness of mankind,
        schools and the means of education <span style="font-size:
          14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"> shall forever be
          approved by US CONGRESS July 13,1787 of which 41
          member helped write the Constitution which was approved
          September 17, 1787</span></p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:F63750D4-5BD3-4E95-A736-AB1AEE9390B4@gmail.com">
      <pre wrap="">Keith,

I haven't had time to go through all of your help here but on my version (5.2.5) there is no Tools, Options, Calendar. In other words there is no Calendar option.

John

Sent from my iPhone

</pre>
        <pre wrap="">On Jan 14, 2018, at 4:42 PM, Keith Nuttle <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net">&lt;keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net&gt;</a> wrote:

</pre>

              <pre wrap="">On 1/14/2018 6:19 AM, STF wrote:
[...]

1/15/2018 12:44:54 AM
I do not have the icon with the 7 (Calendar) and the icon with the Check
(Task).  I'm on version 52.5.2 of Thunderbird.  I do show the Menu Bar,
the Mail Toolbar and the Status Bar.

John