Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

Dear all

Since the last update to 4.7.6 which was installed here on January 9, Thund=
erbird 45.6.0. hangs when loading e-mails (IMAP-Server). TB has to be kille=
d via Windows. It is clearly the Lingthning add-on; if I deactivate it (and=
 only Lightning, all other add-ons are still active), TB works flawlessly.

Any suggestions?

Regards and thank you

R.
0
Rollo
1/12/2017 8:54:51 AM
mozilla.support.calendar 2542 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:18:31 PM UTC, Rollo Martins wrote:
> Dear all
>=20
> Since the last update to 4.7.6 which was installed here on January 9, Thu=
nderbird 45.6.0. hangs when loading e-mails (IMAP-Server).=20

I have the same issue, using Fedora 25, TB 45.6.0, L 4.7.6. However, it doe=
snt hang TB unless I attempt to view the calendar. Also, I have found that =
I can still see the events in the events panel on the main screen. So im re=
sorting to updating the calendar using my phone, which i can then see in TB=
.. Also, one occasion when I attempted to display the calender, it came up w=
ith an XML error... so Im not sure whats going on.=20

Cheers=20
Kim.

0
kimberleyc2013
1/13/2017 10:56:06 AM
Thats right, if you double click an event in the event panel on the front screen, it shows this error.

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-event-dialog.xul
Line Number 1216, Column 23:                      <checkbox id="notify-attendees-checkbox"
----------------------^

cheers
Kim.
0
kimberleyc2013
1/13/2017 12:07:43 PM
And fixed it by downloading lightning from the site and installing over the top of the existing version.

Regards
Kim
0
kimberleyc2013
1/13/2017 1:56:41 PM
On 13/01/17 10:56, kimberleyc2013@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:18:31 PM UTC, Rollo Martins wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> Since the last update to 4.7.6 which was installed here on January 9, Thunderbird 45.6.0. hangs when loading e-mails (IMAP-Server).
>
> I have the same issue, using Fedora 25, TB 45.6.0, L 4.7.6. However, it doesnt hang TB unless I attempt to view the calendar. Also, I have found that I can still see the events in the events panel on the main screen. So im resorting to updating the calendar using my phone, which i can then see in TB. Also, one occasion when I attempted to display the calender, it came up with an XML error... so Im not sure whats going on.

I've got the same mixture of Lightning and TB but so far can see no
problems. Just added a new event to the calendar and it worked fine.
Having said that, I guess Murphy's Law will strike as soon as I send
this but if it does, I'll send a follow-up.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK
OS: Linux: openSUSE 42.2; KDE Plasma 5.8.3; Kernel: 4.4.36
On 13.01.2017 13:07, kimberleyc2013@gmail.com wrote:
> Thats right, if you double click an event in the event panel on the front screen, it shows this error.
>
> XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
> Location: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-event-dialog.xul
> Line Number 1216, Column 23:                      <checkbox id="notify-attendees-checkbox"
>
> cheers
> Kim.

This is a known problem with the Lightning packages that are created by
Fedora. Known solution: Uninstall the Fedora Lightning package and
install the official Lightning package from mozilla.org.

/Stefan
0
Stefan