Difference between "new" calendar and "opening" a calendar

I'm getting Lightning set up in a small business. Everything looks OK, but
I'm a little confused about some of the instructions I'm seeing. I've
created two calendars so far and saved them as .ics files on the network.
One will be a company calendar to show vacations, holidays, people out sick,
etc. The other will be my personal calendar, but I'll still want to make
most events public because my coworkers need to know what times I'm
available for training. Given that these preexisting .ics files already
exist on the network, is there any difference between accessing that
calendar by clicking
1) File->New->Calendar and following the prompts or
2) File->Open->Calendar file?

I'm just getting started on this and I'd rather get it right the first time
then have to fix something later.

Joe W.
joe@ivycomputer.com

0
Joe
9/10/2010 6:00:32 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Joe wrote:
> is there any difference between accessing that calendar by clicking
> 1) File->New->Calendar and following the prompts or
> 2) File->Open->Calendar file?

No, the 2nd option is just a shortcut for the 1st option in case of
local ics files. The result is the same.
0
Stefan

Wish: show "calendar" and "calendars" at the same time
Hi, I am really impressed with the calendar and am starting to use it seriously. Thanks and well done. At our office we make good use of multiple calendars, ticking and unticking them to see different categories of event. Because "calendar" (current month) and "calendars" (which calendars to view) are tabs, you can't see them both at the same time. Could "calendars" move down so it is a section between "calendar" and "tasks"? People like me could choose to view both of them. Others could hide "calendars" by dr...

Monthly calendar "jumps" or "rewinds"
I'm pretty sure this is a WAD (working as designed), just a poor one, IMO. Open the monthly calendar view. You will see "gray" days at the beginning (previous month) and gray days at the end (next month) If you have an appointment, whatever, and you double-click on it, it opens it. Users EXPECT this behavior. BUT, if you do that on a "gray" day (double-click) you get "fast forwarded" or "rewound" TWO months. Apparently if you click ONCE on a gray day it opens NEXT month, and then you have to double-click on the appointment fr...

Calendar, "Today" is "Today" in swedish
Hello  I got my calendarcontrol to work, but the word "Today:" doesnt get translated automatically, is there a way to fix that? Or some workaround? removing the word or summet? /S Hi, You need to edit CalendarBehavior.js I just found how to do it in french! In :AjaxControlToolkit/Calendar/CalendarBehavior.jsGo t the line 1058Just before this._today.date = todaysDate; ad this this._today.innerHTML = "Aujourd'***: " + todaysDate.localeFormat("MMMM d, yyyy");this._today.date = todaysDate; Just replace "Aujourd'***:" with the wor...

Google Calendar now supports CalDAV
Google Calendar now supports CalDAV! Great news!? - What are the consequences of this for Mozilla Calendar? Better? How? It seems at least we don't need the "Provider for Google Calendar" add-on anymore!? - Google's CalDAV "Location" includes the user's e-mail address (actually, the "Calendar ID") - including the "@" symbol. Can Mozilla Calendar handle this special symbol? (in my simple tests it does, but there might be other scenarios) - It would be useful to be able to set the "Read Only" check-box while creat...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

New Calendar inherits all the events from my "regular" calendar
How come when I create a new calendar that the new calendar inherits all the events from my "personal" calendar? Moreover, if I delete events off the new one, those events are also deleted from my "personal" calendar. What I want is an independent new calendar totally unrelated to my personal one. On 12/08/2014 03:29 PM, Bill Stanton wrote: > How come when I create a new calendar that the new > calendar inherits all the events from my "personal" > calendar? Moreover, if I delete events off the new > one, those events are also deleted from...

"Open", "Open in new window", "Open in new tab" are greyed-out after drag&drop operation
Name: Dmitriy Email: dadotivanovathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "Open", "Open in new window", "Open in new tab" are greyed-out after drag&drop operation Comments: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Drag&drop a bookmark from the Bookmarks Menu or Bookmarks Toolbar to the Tab bar. 2. Right-click on any bookmark (from the same folder, if darged from Menu, or from the visible part of Bookmarks Toolbar) Result: "Open", "Open in new window", "Open in new tab" are greyed-out Browser Details: Moz...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

What is the difference between "for " and "foreach"
I always confused when should I use "for" and when foreach should be used...when we talking about efficient which one is better to use?thank you  its quite the same just a different way howto, never done or read about big differences about the both options:  string [] n = new string[] {"test1", "test2"} foreach(string a in n)   .... for(int i=0;i< i<n.Length;++i)   ....regards, roni---speed up your applications with distributed caching or replicated caching: http://www.sharedcache.com - its free! thank you , How about efficien...

same "+" toolbar button for "open new tab" and "page Zoom"
How do I find which "toolbar customize" button icon has been put by which add-on, or was it built into basic ff? I am finding exactly same, identical "+" toolbar button for "open new tab" and also for "page Zoom". I got them from "customize" icon set. Whom to tell to make each button icon slight different. Are these built into ff, or some add-on might have put it. Thanks. -- Rawat On 9/29/2012 1:12 PM, V S Rawat gmoz wrote: > How do I find which "toolbar customize" button icon has been put by > which add...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Web resources about - Difference between "new" calendar and "opening" a calendar - mozilla.support.calendar