All calendar events are missing!

Hi,

All my calendar events have disappeared on the lightning add-on for postbox 4.0.8 on osx.

The calendar is still listed and "on", but all my existing events have been deleted?

Any ideas?

Help please!!!!!

Where is the lightning plugin located on osx? maybe I can restore via time machine...?

Thank you.
0
danstenhouse1
5/2/2017 2:25:29 AM
mozilla.support.calendar 2534 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 5/2/17 4:25 AM, danstenhouse1@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> All my calendar events have disappeared on the lightning add-on for postbox 4.0.8 on osx.
>
> The calendar is still listed and "on", but all my existing events have been deleted?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Help please!!!!!
>
> Where is the lightning plugin located on osx? maybe I can restore via time machine...?
>

> Thank you.

For support with the Postbox version of Lightning, please contact
Postbox support. I'm sure they were not actually deleted but rather are
not shown due to a bug.

Philipp
0
Philipp
5/2/2017 1:07:14 PM
Response from Postbox...

Please note that Postbox does not provide support for the functionality of =
third party add-ons.

Postbox provides a mechanism that allows add-ons from 3rd party developers =
to be plugged into Postbox. In some instances, such as Lightning, Postbox h=
as performed the necessary work to get an add-on to plug into Postbox, esse=
ntially creating a bridge between Postbox and the add-on.

However, Postbox does not provide support for the functionality of third pa=
rty add-ons, because Postbox did not develop them. Add-on functionality mus=
t be supported by the developers of those add-ons. If an add-on isn't worki=
ng as you expect, or if an add-on is causing problems within Postbox, we re=
commend contacting the add-on developer directly.
0
danstenhouse1
5/3/2017 1:25:12 AM
On 5/3/17 3:25 AM, danstenhouse1@gmail.com wrote:
> Response from Postbox...
>
> Please note that Postbox does not provide support for the functionality of third party add-ons.
>
> Postbox provides a mechanism that allows add-ons from 3rd party developers to be plugged into Postbox. In some instances, such as Lightning, Postbox has performed the necessary work to get an add-on to plug into Postbox, essentially creating a bridge between Postbox and the add-on.
>
> However, Postbox does not provide support for the functionality of third party add-ons, because Postbox did not develop them. Add-on functionality must be supported by the developers of those add-ons. If an add-on isn't working as you expect, or if an add-on is causing problems within Postbox, we recommend contacting the add-on developer directly.

Hi Dan,

in that case it is an unfortunate situation. Lightning does not
officially support Postbox as an application, therefore it is much
harder for us to respond to such queries. It is not apparent if this is
an issue with Lightning, or with that bridge that Postbox created, or a
weird interaction between the two. I'd suggest to test if this is also
an issue with Thunderbird instead of Postbox.

That said, maybe another user has experienced a similar issue and can
share a solution. Anyone?

Philipp
0
Philipp
5/3/2017 9:23:49 PM
Hi Philipp,

Where is the data stored for the calendar? I will try and restore the file from Time Machine.
0
danstenhouse1
5/3/2017 9:32:20 PM
On 2017-05-03 22:32, danstenhouse1@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> Where is the data stored for the calendar? I will try and restore the file from Time Machine.

There is a folder in my profile named calendar-data, with many sqlite
files inside it bearing today's date. That would seem like a good place
to start.
--
Chris

0