=?UTF-8?Q?=22Provider_f=C3=BCr_Google_Calendar=22_suddenly_without_war?= =?UTF-8?Q?ning_=22not_compatible=22?=

I changed one year ago from MS Outlook to Thunderbird (TB) for my Mails, bu=
isness and private Calendar
Since I've installed the Beta-Version from TB some add-ons are not compatib=
le with TB, in the past I had problems with lightning which problem we=E2=
=80=99ve resolved together
I installed for synchronization Calendar between my Apple devices the add-o=
n =E2=80=9CProvider for Google. Calendar=E2=80=9D.
Since today the synchronizing with my calendar in TB is out of service and =
the calendar empty because the =E2=80=9Cprovider for google calendar=E2=80=
=9D isn't compatible with TB.
Since TB 58 regularly some add-ons became suddenly without warning "not com=
patible", I can't work productive and every time I lost hours for searching=
 to repair this problems.
This events appears every time when TB makes automatic update, I find this =
very boring and I begin to think if it was good to change from outlook to T=
B.
If this problems doesn't stop I'm thinking seriously to find another produc=
t...
0
ma
4/12/2018 4:34:41 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 4/12/18 12:34 PM, ma@rcelgay.ch wrote:
> I changed one year ago from MS Outlook to Thunderbird (TB) for my Mails, buisness and private Calendar
> Since I've installed the Beta-Version from TB some add-ons are not compatible with TB, in the past I had problems with lightning which problem we’ve resolved together
> I installed for synchronization Calendar between my Apple devices the add-on “Provider for Google. Calendar”.
> Since today the synchronizing with my calendar in TB is out of service and the calendar empty because the “provider for google calendar” isn't compatible with TB.
> Since TB 58 regularly some add-ons became suddenly without warning "not compatible", I can't work productive and every time I lost hours for searching to repair this problems.
> This events appears every time when TB makes automatic update, I find this very boring and I begin to think if it was good to change from outlook to TB.
> If this problems doesn't stop I'm thinking seriously to find another product...

I don't use any Apple devices but my "Provider for Google Calendar" is
version 4.1b1, and works without any problem with Lightning 6.2b1, in TB
60.0b2 on my Linux desktop.

I did have to go to Options > Advanced, click the Config Editor button,
search for "extensions.strictCompatibility" (without quotes) toggle it
to false in my Windows TB 60.0b2 for some reason.

You might want to try that and read this.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_57

--
GO PENS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
On 12.04.2018 18:34, ma@rcelgay.ch wrote:
> I changed one year ago from MS Outlook to Thunderbird (TB) for my Mails, buisness and private Calendar
> Since I've installed the Beta-Version from TB some add-ons are not compatible with TB, in the past I had problems with lightning which problem we’ve resolved together
> I installed for synchronization Calendar between my Apple devices the add-on “Provider for Google. Calendar”.
> Since today the synchronizing with my calendar in TB is out of service and the calendar empty because the “provider for google calendar” isn't compatible with TB.
> Since TB 58 regularly some add-ons became suddenly without warning "not compatible", I can't work productive and every time I lost hours for searching to repair this problems.
> This events appears every time when TB makes automatic update, I find this very boring and I begin to think if it was good to change from outlook to TB.
> If this problems doesn't stop I'm thinking seriously to find another product...

Thunderbird developers decided to enable strict compatibility check with
Thunderbird 60 Beta2. Many extensions (or spellchecker dictionaries)
that work perfectly fine in Thunderbird 60 Beta1 but are suddenly marked
as incompatible in beta2.

Extension authors have to mark there extension as compatible with
Thunderbird 60 to get them working again. Or you disable the strict
compatibility check as suggested by WaltS48 in the other post.

Regarding Provider for Google Calendar you can install the beta build
that matches your Lightning beta build, e.g.
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/calendar/lightning/candidates/6.2b2-candidates/build1/win32/gdata-provider-4.1b2.en-US.win32.xpi

/Stefan
0
Stefan
4/12/2018 5:44:21 PM
On 4/12/2018 12:34 PM, ma@rcelgay.ch wrote:
> I changed one year ago from MS Outlook to Thunderbird (TB) for my Mails, buisness and private Calendar
> Since I've installed the Beta-Version from TB some add-ons are not compatible with TB, in the past I had problems with lightning which problem we’ve resolved together
> I installed for synchronization Calendar between my Apple devices the add-on “Provider for Google. Calendar”.
> Since today the synchronizing with my calendar in TB is out of service and the calendar empty because the “provider for google calendar” isn't compatible with TB.
> Since TB 58 regularly some add-ons became suddenly without warning "not compatible", I can't work productive and every time I lost hours for searching to repair this problems.
> This events appears every time when TB makes automatic update, I find this very boring and I begin to think if it was good to change from outlook to TB.
> If this problems doesn't stop I'm thinking seriously to find another product...

If your use is Critical to your business why are you using a Beta
version of Thunderbird?

The current release version of TB is 52.7.0.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/releases/

It is obtained at this URL.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

I use TB 52.7.0 with Lightning and several addons hourly, and have had
no problems with its functionality.
0
Keith