Why Am I A Rep?

Hi All,

We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on this,
please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo

However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the
answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep?

Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that goes
along with your answer.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

- Brian
0
Brian
1/13/2014 12:08:45 AM
mozilla.reps.general 1858 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hello,
I am a Rep because I am proud of representing Mozilla in my country and
in the world.

Cheers
Luigi

Il 13/01/2014 01:08, Brian King ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on this,
> please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo
>
> However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the
> answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep?
>
> Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that goes
> along with your answer.
>
> Thanks in advance for sharing.
>
> - Brian

0
Luigi
1/19/2014 3:20:05 PM
Hello
I'm a rep for the possibility that I have to help people with low technical
knowledge to know the security that is the internet with firefox browser.
I'm a rep for the chance to meet people in other countries.
be representative of mozilla fills me with happiness and pride in being
part of this great community.

Cheers

Jairo Ruiz
co.linkedin.com/in/jairoruiz

[image: Licencia Creative
Commons]<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/deed.es>
Este correo est=C3=A1 bajo una Licencia Creative Commons
Atribuci=C3=B3n-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 3.0
Unported<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/deed.es>
..

2014/1/19 Luigi Tedone <luigitedone@gmail.com>

> Hello,
> I am a Rep because I am proud of representing Mozilla in my country and i=
> the world.
>
> Cheers
> Luigi
>
> Il 13/01/2014 01:08, Brian King ha scritto:
>
>  Hi All,
>>
>> We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on this=
,
>> please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page:
>>
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo
>>
>> However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the
>> answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep?
>>
>> Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that goes
>> along with your answer.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for sharing.
>>
>> - Brian

Jairo
1/19/2014 6:17:19 PM
On Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:08:45 PM UTC-6, Brian King wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on this,
>
> please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page:
>

> https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo
>

> However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the
>
> answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep?
>

> Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that goes
>
> along with your answer.
>

> Thanks in advance for sharing.
>

> - Brian

Hi Brian,

I am a Mozilla Rep because I love the web and I love sharing to others the importance of the web and why we should keep the web open :-)

Robert
0
Robert
1/20/2014 5:27:18 AM
HI,
I am a rep because, care about the web being open, and want other to
understand the importance of it.
Through the reps program I get the opportunity to make people aware about
the open web and Mozilla's mission and how they can take control of their
online lives.
Being an official representative people trust in what we (Reps)
tell/teach/explain them, this gives us the feeling of contribution towards
the better health of the web and the society.

*Regards,**Ankit Gadgil.*

*Mozilla Rep <https://reps.mozilla.org/u/ankitgadgil>@anknite
<https://twitter.com/anknite>*

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Robert Sayles <rtsayles@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:08:45 PM UTC-6, Brian King wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >

> > We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on this,
> >
> > please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page:
> >

> > https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo
> >

> > However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the
> >
> > answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep?
> >

> > Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that goes
> >
> > along with your answer.
> >

> > Thanks in advance for sharing.
> >

> > - Brian
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> I am a Mozilla Rep because I love the web and I love sharing to others the
> importance of the web and why we should keep the web open :-)
>
> Robert

ankit
1/20/2014 8:44:02 AM
I am Rep because I want everybody specially those non technology related or
savvy to understand the value of the web and why it must rmain ope and
free. I am Rep because I enjoy talking to people about Mozilla and all the
good we do around the globe that everybody has been touched by Mozilla
actions never mind if they are aware of us or not. I am Rep because being
one I feel I carry the values and the goals of an extraordinary global
organization that works for me for you and for everybody.

Dave Villacreses
Mozilla Reps.
Ecuador

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 3:44 AM, ankit gadgil <ankitgadgil@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
> I am a rep because, care about the web being open, and want other to
> understand the importance of it.
> Through the reps program I get the opportunity to make people aware about
> the open web and Mozilla's mission and how they can take control of their
> online lives.
> Being an official representative people trust in what we (Reps)
> tell/teach/explain them, this gives us the feeling of contribution towards
> the better health of the web and the society.
>

> *Regards,**Ankit Gadgil.*
>
> *Mozilla Rep <https://reps.mozilla.org/u/ankitgadgil>@anknite
> <https://twitter.com/anknite>*
>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Robert Sayles <rtsayles@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:08:45 PM UTC-6, Brian King wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >

> > > We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on
> this,
> > >
> > > please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page:
> > >

> > > https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo
> > >

> > > However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the
> > >
> > > answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep?
> > >

> > > Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that
> goes
> > >
> > > along with your answer.
> > >

> > > Thanks in advance for sharing.
> > >

> > > - Brian
> >
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > I am a Mozilla Rep because I love the web and I love sharing to others
> the
> > importance of the web and why we should keep the web open :-)
> >
> > Robert

Dave
1/20/2014 2:58:36 PM
I agree with Majken answer. I'm a Rep because of the tools the program provides and that its makes it somewhat easier to speak with potential new contributors and existing Mozilla contributers in the local region.
0
oliver

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Any rep faq or shareware tools for rep management
I'm looking for a shareware tool can do copy rep/sub from 1 system to another system. Dump all rep/sub defs from QA1 and load that to QA2. ...

Reps general subscription
Hey there, Just checking in to see if you are subscribed to the Mozilla Reps - General <reps-general@lists.mozilla.org> mailing list. If not, let me know ASAP and I'll get you in. cheers, Alex ...

Spam on Reps-General
Can someone please tune mailman settings to moderate more of this spam that is hitting the list? Also can someone please set Mailman to reject all e-mail from "danieldannyhegglin@mail.com" who has now been spamming the list for a couple months. If someone is not able to actively moderate the list I would encourage to do a call for help so someone else can address the spam. Thanks, -- Benjamin Kerensa Add these spam Email also. pippocuriddu@mail.com ginoaccascione@gmx.com I opened a bug to track the progress of dealing with spam in reps-general. https://bugzilla.mo...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

Transfering Metadata from PD Rep to Business Objects Rep.
Hi All, I had a utility that allowed incremental update from Metaworks repository to a business objects universe. I've used this many times to create/maintain BO universes for IWS implementations. I've tried to replicate this tool under PD with no luck. I've been advised I should use the PD APIs to get to powerdesigner repository rather than read it directly via ODBC. Does anyone have any sample C++ code that accesses the PD repository directly to do things like extract the table names, column names, descriptions etc? Perhaps just looping through the entire reposit...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

not have access to forms reps budget et foms rep swag
i must attend at the " Barcamp Dakar" and i need to request budget et swag but on my suprise i see that i've not acces to form request for budget et swag my bugzilla email is mmkmou@mmkmou.net Great _____ Mouhamadou Moustapha CAMARA aka mmkmou Mozilla Senegal Community Lead / Mozilla Reps http://mmkmou.net / http://mozilla-senegal.org __________________________________________ we make a better world <mmkmou@mozilla-senegal.org> ...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

Calling all Communication SIG reps: the Comms Reps mailing list is up!
Hey Mozillians, It's a great pleasure to announce, that the Comms Reps mailing list<https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/reps-comms>is finally LIVE. All comms-reps are requested to visit to the listinfo page & subscribe to the list, and dive deeper into the communication SIG projects. Talking of which, we'll have the Project NeMo <https://wiki.mozilla.org/NeMo> to start with; and having so many awesome reps, we're sure to have some more experimentations starting pretty soon, expectedly! So, go ahead and take the first step to make the Comms-SIG a pure su...

Rep Upgrade upgrade ltm's to rep agents
Before we upgrade our ASE from 11.92 to 12.x, we need to upgrade our replication server. Currently on 11.5 RepServer but we are using ltms. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to tell Rep Server to use rep agent instead of ltm's. The procedural steps were listed in the replication server configuration guide unix platform, look under chapter 3 upgrading or downgrading an existing replication server -> upgrading repagent threads in adaptive server databases. ...

upgrade REP 12.5 to REP 12.6 + RSSD
Looking to upgrade REP Server 12.5 to Rep 12.6 on Linux RHES,we are using RSSD in ASE vers 12.5.0.1 . My plan is to upgrade the Rep and late on the ASE/RSSD to 12.5.3 will this work? Also I'm looking for the steps to perform this Rep upgrade , will the following be correct ? - install REP 12.6 software in separe directorie -Shutdown Rep Server 12.5. - Point to the new Rep Server 12.6 directories/environment variables. - Run rs_init and choose to upgrade an existing Rep Server. How about RSSD/ASE anything should I run ?? Thank you fro your help, Isabella There are 2 d...

Web resources about - Why Am I A Rep? - mozilla.reps.general

Rep. Jared Polis Named MVP In Democrats’ Facebook Contest
Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) was named the winner of the 2012 Member Online All-Star Competition , scoring the most new friends on Facebook, and ...

State Rep. Michelle Rehwinkel Vasilinda Proposes a 7-Percent Raise for State Employees - Facebook
FLHOUSEDEMS hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel State Rep. Michelle Rehwinkel Vasilinda Proposes a 7-Percent Raise for State Employees geschrieben. ...

Rep. Steve Stockman (@SteveWorks4You) on Twitter
Rep. Steve Stockman (@SteveWorks4You) on Twitter

Missouri Republican State Rep Introduces Bill To Prevent Future NCAA Athlete Strikes
Earlier this year, Missouri’s football team provided a stark, and to some, a terrifying reminder as to the power that Division I football players ...

GOP Rep Perry: You Wonder If Existential Threat to US Includes Politically Correct Obama Administration ...
GOP Rep Perry: You Wonder If Existential Threat to US Includes Politically Correct Administration

Alabama Rep. Admits He Resists Immigration Because Of Race
... to the United States. I'm not sure why anyone would want to, given the kind of attitude they're likely to encounter from people like Rep. Mo ...

Dem Rep. Sanchez: Up To 20 Percent Of Muslims Are Willing To Use Terrorism To Establish A Caliphate
Dem Rep. Sanchez: Up To 20 Percent Of Muslims Are Willing To Use Terrorism To Establish A Caliphate

FL Rep. David Jolly Tells Donald Trump To Step Aside. Marco Rubio Doesn’t.
On Sunday, Marco Rubio asked where was the widespread evidence of anti-Muslim sentiment In America. Despite the fact ...

Zooey Deschanel Claims Forgery On 17-Year Old Management Deal; Ex-Reps Sue ‘New Girl’ Star Over Unpaid ...
... doesn't pay commissions from that big gig. So, agency and/or manager sues and that's exactly what New Girl star Zooey Deschanel 's old reps ...

Botched ransom? Rep presses for answers on FBI role in 'payment' for Bergdahl
Botched ransom? Rep presses for answers on FBI role in 'payment' for Bergdahl