Project Lorax - call for participation

Hi Reps,
I am working on project Lorax and want to share this call for participation=
s.

About project Lorax
We are building an online platform that assesses the attributes we believe =
are necessary for a healthy open Internet. Here is the project wiki: https:=
//wiki.mozilla.org/Engagement/Campaigns/Project_Lorax#Project_Brief

This is inspired by the Open Internet Health Report presented at the 2013 S=
ummit. Check out our Town Hall on Brand initiatives last week: https://air.=
mozilla.org/town-hall-brand-initiatives/ (Lorax section starts at 15:00)

Our objective is to educate users about the state of the Internet and we ne=
ed your help putting together a compelling report! If that sounds interesti=
ng, keep reading!

> Two ways you can help right now

* Check our descriptions: we will be measuring four main attributes (Access=
, Control, Safety, Fairness). Take a look at our current description for ea=
ch key attribute and let us know: is it depicting a clear, relevant picture=
? Does it make sense in your country? Is there too much room for (mis)inter=
pretation? We want to know!

* Data sources: we defined a number of indicators that support each of thes=
e four attributes (e.g. transparency, privacy, net neutrality, etc). We nee=
d data to measure those! If you know of a good source such as a database, r=
esearch paper, API we could use to measure or explain any of these issues t=
o the public let us know! Sometimes, there is just no data available for a =
given topic and the question becomes: how can we get creative and use other=
 ways to assess or even simply explain this issue to a large audience: vide=
o, news footage, infographic/illustration... you name it!

You can share your suggestions here:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/loraxcontributions

Remember: our audience is not necessarily super tech savvy, they are social=
ly aware and active, including online but don't yet understand how these va=
lues apply to their behavior for and on the Internet. Let's help them under=
stand the big picture so they care more and take action!

Let me know if you have any question. In the mean time, have a great weeken=
d!

Best,
Greg

0
gjost
10/3/2014 1:01:01 AM
mozilla.reps.general 1860 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

--KAux3kIAfORRHhQupGefiAQGNFTQXIbRn

Hi Greg,

Thanks for letting us know about the program, since this is a general
call for participation probably the best place to do it is mozillians
discourse <https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/category/mozillians>.

We try to keep this list just for announcements related with the Reps
program [1]

Thanks!

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Mailing_List_Policy

--=20
Rub=E9n Mart=EDn [Nukeador]
Mozilla Reps Mentor
http://www.mozilla-hispano.org
http://twitter.com/mozilla_hispano
http://facebook.com/mozillahispano

--KAux3kIAfORRHhQupGefiAQGNFTQXIbRn

--KAux3kIAfORRHhQupGefiAQGNFTQXIbRn--
0
windows
10/4/2014 10:48:48 AM
Thanks Nukeador. I am not super familiar with Discourse, can you tell me more about who the audience? Is this a forum for Reps only or a general community forum? Just want to make sure I adapt my ask to the folks who will be reading.

Best
Greg
0
gregory
--voHHej02VrOpchrhoGXl9hNgn7inNFpwE

El 06/10/14 a las #4, gregory.jost@gmail.com escribi=F3:
> Thanks Nukeador. I am not super familiar with Discourse, can you tell m=
e more about who the audience? Is this a forum for Reps only or a general=
 community forum? Just want to make sure I adapt my ask to the folks who =
will be reading.
Discourse is supposed to be the future of Mozilla communications, a
replacement for mailing lists, newsgroups and private forums. Each
category has a different audience, but the 'mozillians' category is for
everyone.

Several projects are moving their communications there, specially new
ones, but we need everyone's effort to make it happen helping moving
more and more discussions there.

Some examples are the regular "call to action" messages to all
mozillians posted on different lists or the no-reason-to-be-private
discussions we see on Yammer daily ;)

More information and background links on the problem we want to solve:

https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/welcome-mozillians-getting-star=
ted-with-discourse/46

Regards.

--=20
Rub=E9n Mart=EDn [Nukeador]
Mozilla Reps Mentor
http://www.mozilla-hispano.org
http://twitter.com/mozilla_hispano
http://facebook.com/mozillahispano

--voHHej02VrOpchrhoGXl9hNgn7inNFpwE

--voHHej02VrOpchrhoGXl9hNgn7inNFpwE--
0
windows
10/6/2014 8:50:43 PM
Thanks.
0
gregory

[Reps Webmaker Project] Help in Localization for Reps WebMaker Project
Hi everyone ! This is my first e-mail this year on the mailing list so wishing you all a Happy New Year 2013 ! I hope most of you must be aware of "GenOpen"- Reps Webmaker Project if not please check the link [1]. GenOpen is an open project where both the project creators and contributors are kids / youth (i.e) people lesser than the age of 18. As the GenOpen mainly focus on youth / kids we are in need of understanding "What youth and kids love to do on the web". Inorder to get a clear idea , GenOpen is now gathering suggestions and feedback fro...

[Reps General] [Marketing-Communication] Delight-ment Project
Hi all, We would like to share with you a project that we are thinking to start on the Community of Mozilla Hispano. It's the Delight-ment Project, a work for our brands. You all can access to our draft1 [1] and get a first idea of what things we are thinking to make. Please feel free to comment, suggest, criticize, ... in this thread. If you like to have access to the doc and add/edit ideas and comments directly there you can ask us. We know that this project can be muuuuuuch better with your feedback. We wish to delay our start because of your comments and experience. I&#...

What generals generally do

General design error in web deployment projects for web site projects?
  When you create a Web Site Project in VS2008 and add a Web Deployment Project you can choose to create a single output assembly and leave the aspx and ascx files updateable. In this scenario you can deploy your unfinished Web Site to a Webdesigner that modifies the layout. The problem now is, to get those files back in the source tree. As the web deployment project removes the CodeFile attribute of such files I need to readd it manually or write a program that does this step for me. Is my scenario so uncommon and why or am I missing a point? I don't want to give my ...

What are these files: Project.ilc, Project.ild, Project.ilf, Project.ils
Hello there, I am using XE c++ builder. What are these files used for? They are in the same directory where the final output (.exe) is. Is there a way to `remove` them after - let`s say - successful compilation/linking? They are Incremental linker files. Turn off the option in your project Options if you do not want them. Larry "Tamas Csabina" wrote in message news:418738@forums.embarcadero.com... Hello there, I am using XE c++ builder. What are these files used for? They are in the same directory where the final output (.exe) is. Is there a way t...

Spam on Reps-General
Can someone please tune mailman settings to moderate more of this spam that is hitting the list? Also can someone please set Mailman to reject all e-mail from "danieldannyhegglin@mail.com" who has now been spamming the list for a couple months. If someone is not able to actively moderate the list I would encourage to do a call for help so someone else can address the spam. Thanks, -- Benjamin Kerensa Add these spam Email also. pippocuriddu@mail.com ginoaccascione@gmx.com I opened a bug to track the progress of dealing with spam in reps-general. https://bugzilla.mo...

Reps general subscription
Hey there, Just checking in to see if you are subscribed to the Mozilla Reps - General <reps-general@lists.mozilla.org> mailing list. If not, let me know ASAP and I'll get you in. cheers, Alex ...

Seamonkey project organization and my participation
There seem to be some misconceptions about my current and future participation in the SeaMonkey project, largely based on me writing a certain letter to staff. I'd like to clarify the situation. My primary focus as far as Mozilla work goes is Gecko (and possibly by extension toolkit). I am not currently actively developing SeaMonkey UI, and don't plan to be doing so. Further, I simply cannot make the time commitment required to be a project manager (equivalent of drivers@m.o). What I _am_ making time for are two things: 1) Helping set up the project to start with...

Reps Project Communication (discussion)
Cross posting from Webmaker Project , because I think this is probably relevant for other Rep groups trying to work together globally? We are trying to itemize options and create a project standard for communication - which seems a good goal in general. (Laura's) Document for your feedback (if you have any) can be found here: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#inbox/13b86080724a4e2d <from laura> Once we've taken a look at what we all use regularly, and listed some pros and cons, it might be easier to choose the couple of technologies that we want to use. Th...

add projects to a project
hi, just wanted to ask , i have a Class Library project and added for it 2 new Class Library projects now ofcourse when i compile the projects ti give mes 3 dll files and to add it to other projects i have to add the three dlls is there anyway to add only the dll files to the main project dll in compile time..or its just i have to take the three dll and it to my projects Thanks in advance Mahmoud Manasrah Each project under your solution produces its own dll, I don't think there is anyway to combine them at compile time.I could write a signature here, but who'd read it?...

General Info on Rep Server
Hi all, Can anyone recommend any articles or other forms of literature about rep server in general topics, installation, and administration? I know very little about Rep Server and have a potential client that may need to use it. Thanks in advance. Lynnea Pinkston lpinksto@paragonds.com Paragon Data Systems ...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

IDE Projects list does not Sort projects in Group Project window
CG2010, C++,Default IDE layout, the projects pane on the right, has a "Sort" icon...no matter what I option choose, it will not sort list...Jesus, don't you guys check this stuff before you send it out.... ...

Using Ajax Web Projects with WAP projects and WSP Projects
Ok, here's the scoop.  We are using VB.NET and all WAP projects that are running over a .NET 2.0 framework. I guess this place did some sort of conversion with their .NET 1.1 WAP projects so that now it can compile and use the .NET 2.0 framework and so we thank goodness are using at least VS 2005. With that, I have some questions and concerns.  1) If and when we ever try to move our projects from the format of WAP to WSP, can you run both types side by side in the same environment and utilize assemblies from eacy type of web project? 2) Can you run an Ajax Web Project side by si...

Re: [Reps-General] Words from a Mozillian
I agree with Robert. Criticism does not solve a problem, but rather constructive outreach and offering of plausible solutions as well as reaching out to the right people. And indeed all caps is rude/angry... Some of the people who have been added to this email spam or not really concerned about this my community's list inclusive. I'm getting many complaints about spam. Thanks. *Regards,* *Lawrence* *Community Manager* *Mozilla Uganda | GenOpen* ...

Web resources about - Project Lorax - call for participation - mozilla.reps.general

Participation (decision making) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Participation in social science refers to different mechanisms for the public to express opinions - and ideally exert influence - regarding political, ...

Fight For The Future Pushes Participation In Election With Vote With Friends Facebook App
Just in case you haven’t heard, there’s a presidential election coming up Nov. 6. And Internet freedom advocacy group Fight for the Future launched ...

Social Media Participation Trumps Money
... success prior to an election is measured by money raised. However, the 2010 election may change that point of view. Social media participation ...

Facebook users reached with paid media have higher shopping and buying participation than Internet average ...
Facebook reports that fans reached through paid media have greater shopping and buying habits compared to average Internet users, according to ...

Tepid Participation (@TepidP) on Twitter

Has anyone been offered a job because of their Quora participation? - Quora
It's been a weird week or two for me on Quora. Someone claimed they'd go gay for me. I received a marriage proposal. I got compared to Harrison ...

Election participation badges
... Exchange places on community governance and by extension moderator elections, it’s sort of curious that we never formally recognized this participation. ...

Forrester's Social Technographics Ladder of Participation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This has been updated now blogs.forrester.com/groundswell/2008/10/new-2008-social.html

20-year decline in year 12 science and maths participation, study finds
Governments, industry and the education sector should be "alarmed" by the growing numbers of students abandoning science and mathematics in their ...

AFL 'up for the battle' with soccer after announcing record participation levels
... for the battle&quot; with soccer and views football as the &quot;sport of choice&quot; for all Australians after announcing record participation ...