Mozilla lexicon on wiki.mozilla.org

Hi everyone,

The Mozilla lexicon is a new effort to gather and define Mozilla-project specific terms on the Mozilla Wiki.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Lexicon:Home

As Mozilla has grown significantly with new employees and active contributors from across the globe, the Contributor Engagement team is gathering project-related terms in one place and will work with interested contributors to define key terms.

To be clear, the lexicon will not compete with MDN, which is our platform for technical/web standards documentation. The lexicon will focus on defining non-technical, project-related terms- initially a working set of definitions to help us talking about ourselves as a part of the community of Mozillians, with a future goal of greater set of Mozilla-specific terminology. Another key goal will be moving towards more inclusive language to be used by all Mozillians, in order to support the growth of the project overall.

Contributor Engagement is managing the lexicon project, but anyone who is confused about Mozilla-specific terminology is welcome to contribute: propose terms that need clarification, help define these terms, promote use of the lexicon itself, etc.

If you are new to Mozilla, we really would like to hear from you. What Mozilla project-related terms are (or were)you confused about at first? What acronyms (non-technical) do you not understand or had difficulty finding a definition for? What community-related terms were not obvious to you when you first started getting involved in Mozilla?

Please contact Gen Kanai <gen at mozilla dot com> for any questions or comments or constructive criticism about the lexicon project. As we gather contributors (please come help!) and contributions (i.e. feedback from you!), the lexicon will grow and become more and more useful to Mozilla.

Thank you!

--
Gen Kanai

0
Gen
10/4/2011 5:21:27 PM
mozilla.marketing 774 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Wiki on wiki.qpsmtpd.org
I also see the need for some decent documentation for qpsmtpd. I believe that a wiki would be helpful for creating documentation in a community effort. Therefore i just installed a Dokuwiki under http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org. For editing a user account must be created (this prevents spam). Comments? Regards Michael -- It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks On Feb 6, 2006, at 04:53, Michael Holzt wrote: > I also see the need for some decent documentation for qpsmtpd. I > believe > that a wiki would be helpful for creatin...

Wiki Wiki not Wiki Working
So I had this bright idea. Test::FAQ and Test::Tutorial are just sort of sitting here on my hard drive not doing much of anything. Why not put them up as a Wiki and then everyone else can sort of just play around with it and we'll see what happens. Unfortunately, I can't get the damned Wiki working. I've tried the QuickiWiki, which mysteriously refuses to write a file larger than 10K, and ClusterWiki, which is giving me fits trying to get it configured. If anyone has experience with this sort of thing, set up a perl-qa Wiki and we can get started. -- Michae...

page -> wiki -> wiki -> wiki
Can the responsible parties please cleanup this chain of links and shutdown/lock [1] the two abandoned wikis? http://qa.perl.org/ [2] links to: http://schwern.org/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi links to: http://perl-qa.yi.org/index.php/Main_Page has spam and links to: Finally: http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/ [1] I think that's just: <meta HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT="0; URL=http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/"> [2] It would be nice to have a "website maintainer" e-mail address/info at the bottom of the qa.perl.org page. "&l...

Any ReMo wiki in wikipedia.org?
Hi Reps I want to know is there any wiki page in wikipedia regarding ReMo or reps program? ---------------------------------------------------------- Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh <http://goo.gl/238Ck> 2048R/89C932E1 <http://goo.gl/TkP5U> Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh <http://fossbd.org/> && Mozilla Reps<http://reps.mozilla.org> 01199151550 ...

O wiki wiki, wherefore art thou, wiki?
I use a personal wiki as a way to record notes and create documentation. I've used various wikis, most recently mediawiki. When I upgraded to 11.2, I discovered that there were *no* wiki packages in the standard repositories. I've ignored the issue for a while but now I've upgraded to 11.3 and find that opensuse still supports zero wikis. I don't understand this. I see 'wiki' as something like 'web server' or 'database' or 'browser' or 'mail client' and so in any Linux distribution I'd expect to find an embarrassing richnes...

Wiki Wiki Working
Got the Wiki working, it seems Opera is at fault, being unable to handle anything more than 10K in a POST. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have anything else servicable. http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi Collaborate! Test::Tutorial and Test::FAQ are up there, let's see if we can fill them in. If someone would be so kind as to fill in TestTutorial from the latest version of Test::Tutorial? -- Michael G. Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/ Perl6 Quality Assurance <perl-qa@perl.org> Kwalitee Is Job...

Parrot and Perl 6 wikis moved to perlfoundation.org
http://news.perl-foundation.org/2007/06/ parrot_and_perl_6_wikis_moved.html For a year or two now, I've hosted the Perl 6 and Parrot wikis on my home server, on a not-too-fast DSL line, at rakudo.org. They've now been moved to the wiki infrastructure at perlfoundation.org, on a dedicated box. This means much better performance, so if you've tried the wikis before and found them slow, check them out now. The moved wiki workspaces are: * http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6/ -- Perl 6 * http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot/ -- Parrot * http://ww...

Spam links on http://datetime.perl.org Wiki
This probably isn't the correct place to report this, but I can't find a contact on the website. Spam links are being added to Wiki pages, e.g. http://datetime.perl.org/?MailingList http://datetime.perl.org/index.cgi?MathProblems I don't think there's any way I can revert these edits as a standard user. Happy to assist if appropriate, but at the moment I don't think there are any real barriers to anonymous users making edits? Kind regards Elliot ...

[meta] perl.org mail, ftp.cpan.org, www.perl.org and so on...
In the next hour or so we will be moving the box hosting ftp.cpan.org, cpan.valueclick.com, (perl|cpan).org mail, www.cpan.org, www.perl.org and so on to the rack next to the one it's in now. The downtime should be less than 10 minutes, but now you are forewarned in case I hit the 110V/230V switch while we move it or something. :-) - ask -- ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/ !try; do(); ...

November wiki mail list, November wiki page on the Perl 6 wiki
Some cross-linking to help future newcomers more easily find things..... The November wiki discussion group is here: http://groups.google.com/group/november-wiki The November page on Perl 6 wiki is here: http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6/index.cgi?november I just added a reference to it on the Perl 6 Wiki home page (at end of the first entry under "Development Status"): http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6 Best regards, Conrad Schneiker www.AthenaLab.com Official Perl 6 Wiki - http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6 ...

Systm Org / The Broken Org
Torrent links for TheBroken.org & Systm.org Episodes 1-3: http://www.thebroken.org/ Episode 4: http://systm.org/ Winamp TV stream Episodes 1-3: igogg.com ...

Wiki Wiki Working #2
After shuffling some files around and doing some permissions tricks, the Perl QA Wiki is working again! Everything is now editable. http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi -- Michael G. Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/ Perl Quality Assurance <perl-qa@perl.org> Kwalitee Is Job One <Schwern> Contrary to popular belief, Perl is not developed by a team of independently wealthy mad scientists. <autrijus> (qw/independent wealthy mad scientist/)[rand(3)]; # choose one <autrijus> the ...

can not access http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia
Hi, My firefox 1.5.0.1 (linux) has trouble access the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia page Got a "server not found" page. I have no problem access any other pages. and the wikipedia page is accesible via netscape on the same linux box. (so it can't be a firewall problem.. I assume? ) Several extensions have been installed but seem unrelated to this issume. ( Adblock was removed.. but the problem is still there) network.http.keep-alive.timeout is now set to be 1200.. doesn't help Maybe I accidentally blocked this site? :( Any input is appreciated. Than...

Xrumerservice.org we publish your marketing message to 10K forums using xrumer
Name: VemyMypeted Email: garnerbeau29atgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Xrumerservice.org we publish your marketing message to 10K forums using xrumer Comments: Get amazing online web traffic using amazing xrumer service today. We can post your marketing post to thousands of forums worldwide, get thousands of backlinks amazing online web traffic in shortest time. <a href=http://xrumerservice.org>xrumer</a> From URL: http://en-GB.www.mozilla.com/en-GB/add-ons/ebay/feedback/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback ...

Wiki
Does anybody know of a wiki component for asp.net?John HogeSeaEagle.com Inflatable Boats http://csharp-source.net/open-source/wiki-engines HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Web resources about - Mozilla lexicon on wiki.mozilla.org - mozilla.marketing

Mozilla Labs
Popcorn lets users link social media, news feeds, data visualizations and other content directly to moving images. The result is a new form of ...

Mozilla Tips
Mozilla’s Firefox is one of the most popular browsers in the digital market today. The ongoing commitment of Mozilla to performance, privacy ...

Mozilla — Home of the Mozilla Project — mozilla.org
Mozilla Mission About Projects Get Involved We are Non-profit, for the good of the Web Different by Design Proudly non-profit Innovating for ...

Mozilla Festival - Open web developers, journalists and educators coming together to reinvent media on ...
Here’s a curated selection of #MozFest tweets and media, filtered for links, demos, interviews and documentation created by Mozilla Festival ...

Mozilla Ignite
Design and build apps for the faster, smarter internet of the future . Mozilla and the National Science Foundation invite you to take part in ...

Mozilla Links
Recent Firefox nightlies feature more bits from Australis, the new major theme update. This time, toolbar buttons have gone flat, featuring no ...

Mozilla Popcorn - Making video work like the web
mozilla Home Popcorn.js Popcorn Maker Learn Popcorn Blog What is POPCORN? Popcorn makes video work like the web. We create tools and programs ...

The Mozilla Blog - News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project
News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project