Wrong MIME-type

Name:
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
Dear Firefix-Team,
it seems in my 3.6.9 firefox that the browser suggests wrong
possibilities what to do with a jpg-file, probably because the file name
contains a blank. The file is called "märts2010 676.jpg" and firefox
unfortunately doesnt offer "View:Gwenview" (linux).
Best,
D.
Kubuntu 10.04, Namaroka 3.6.9

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de; rv:1.9.2.9pre) Gecko/20100817 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Namoroka/3.6.9pre
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
hendrix

wrong mime type recognition
Name: Fracsi Email: fracsiatschdotbmedothu Product: Firefox Summary: wrong mime type recognition Comments: When uploading through a html based form a .doc file (mime - application/msword), the FF recognises the uploaded file as text/html mime. I've spotted this problem on various PC-s, but also on some PC-s there is no problem. I've tryed on many OS and FF variaton, the problem only occurs when using FF3.0.8 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; hu; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla....

Firefox mime types woes
Well, this was going to be a long gripe about Firefox mime type handling, but I've found extensions to solve most of my issues. Good job open source extensibility. Remaining wishlist item: how can I get mime types to display right in the Firefox browser window as if they were text/plain? Thanks! So, no one knows a way to hack mozilla/firefox to get it to display a mimetype right in the browser window (as it does for text/plain)? Tuesday, Chinasaur said: > Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:16:18 -0400 > From: Chinasaur <pli9+NEWS@spam-guard.itsa.ucsf.edu> > News...

adding MIME type to Firefox?
Hello, all ... I need to make Firefox automatically start a client app when a certain web page is loaded. Can someone direct me to some developer documentation that shows how I can programmatically add a new MIME type to Firefox? I realize I asked this last week, but my laptop was stolen :-( Regards, John Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound http://www.fallingyou.com John Zorko wrote: > I realize I asked this last week, but my laptop was stolen :-( Fortunately this list is archived, so you can look the answer up, ...

wrong firefox on firefox.de
Name: Gandalf Product: Firefox Summary: wrong firefox on firefox.de Comments: Hey, there is a bad version of firefox (usage of Firefox logo) on firefox.de :/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

WRONG WRONG WRONG
Name: ROZ mandelcorn Email: thunderstaratearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: WRONG WRONG WRONG Comments: as a long-time user, first of netscape and, mozilla firefox, i must say i DO NOT LIKE THE PLACEMENT of TABS in version 4. nor do i like the whole rearrangement of the upper/navigation portion of firefox. I NEED/WANT MY TABS DIRECTLY ABOVE MY WINDOWS AS IT IS NOW....NOT ON TOP OF THE BROWSER. I WANT MY FILE-EDIT-ETC-MENU on TOP. ETC. AT LEAST GIVE US THE CHOICE AS TO WHICH FORMAT WE WANT....CAN YOU SAY CUSTOMIZATION! I WILL NOT USE 4 IF THIS IS THE WAY IT IS. [just ...

Firefox/Linux: how to associate a MIME type with a program?
Hi all, I often visit web pages that contain links to AMR audio files. The audio files themselves are served with the correct MIME type (audio/ amr), but Firefox does not recognize that type. I have a Linux command line tool that plays AMR files, so I figure all I should have to do is tell Firefox to run "amrplay %1" for all files with MIME type audio/amr -- just like how you define actions for file types in Windows Explorer. I'm pretty sure Netscape and Mozilla also support this kind of customization... But I can't figure out how to do this in Firefox. Under Edit...

file comand returns wrong mime type
Hi, I'm executing: Code: -------------------- file -bi file_name -------------------- It's returning application/x-awk. The file is a text file. It's the "BEGIN {}" on various lines that appears to be the magic mime type match. I'm editing the file with Kate and/or Nano. I've reviewed the man page for file and didn't see anything. Is there a way to tell file, no this isn't awk, but text/plain (i.e., line added to file)? Is there a better way to handle this issue? The main issue at this time is with automation, when a file ...

Adding MIME types to Firefox 1.5
I've used Firefox since forever, it seems. Now that it, so it says, has come of age, I feel it is prudent to ask how I can add MIME types to Firefox (on Linux of course). Do I really ( I mean REALLY ) need to edit some *.js file? I know that I can change helper apps for the listed MIME types (Edit->downloads->view&edit actions), but I cannot add new ones in that dialog. I wonder why? I also wonder why the darned thing crashes if I dare softlink a wrong java plugin into its plugin directory, but that I <sic> can live with. Malte wrote: > I've used...

Mime types, firefox and music avoiding Microsoft?
Okay, I give up. After several days trial and error with mime types and MP3, I paid more attention to this web page.. http://www.w3schools.com/media/media_mimeref.asp ... I need help understanding what I am faced with. There are plenty of types ther reference microsoft applications, like Word, Excel, Publisher, powerpoint etc. When it domes to audio, the most prevelent default player seems to be avoided by Firefox. What am I missing here? What mime type will default assosiate to mplayer instead of QTIME? clackey clackey wrote: > Okay, > I give up. > After sever...

How do I set MIME types in Firefox 2.0?
Name: Philip Yasskin Email: yasskinatmathdottamu.edu Product: Firefox Summary: How do I set MIME types in Firefox 2.0? Comments: What happened to Tools -> Options -> Downloads in Firefox 2.0? How do I tell Firefox that when I click on a certain link with a certain extension or served with a certain MIME type, that it should automatically open the file with a certain program. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Irritating Firefox wrong guesses at what URLs you are typing (how to remove)?
Firefox is a wonderful program but it has an irritatingly disgusting propensity to guess at the URLs I'm about to type, almost always, if not always guessing wrongly. I have all my cookies turned off; I have Firefox tools -> options set to not save any history; to not save any bookmarks or downloaded files; to clear all private data upon closing; I've checkmarked every box for all types of private data; etc. Yet, Firefox, still insists on wasting my time and yours popping up annoying ridiculous suggestions for URLs to go to that I'll never ever visit. How do I tu...

Adding Mime Types in Firefox -- Third time posting
I've asked this question twice before, but now I can sharpen it, and perhaps make it more intelligible. The information about mime types and what to do with them seems to be in the file mimeTypes.rdf. This is not a plain-text file; I think it is in XML. In a program with an elegant GUI like Firefox, especially one that claims to be a candidate for GA release, one would expect that there would be a way to add to this file through the GUI, and to define what to do with commonly received types; the logical place to look for such a method is on the Tools > Options > Downloa...

web page for mac download has wrong mime type
Name: max.pritikin Email: max.pritikin_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: web page for mac download has wrong mime type Comments: brand new iBook so i'm using safari to get firefox 1.5 rc2. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ The download link displays as HTML (e.g. binary cruft in the browser window). I had to specifically use "download linked file" and then once i had "Filefox 1.5rc2.dmg.html" on my local machine I removed the .html extension and all was good. (Yes, this is probably not the "broken web site" info you were l...

Firefox 3.5macFinal: Type/creator is not APPL/MOZB and wrong
Name: Bloggy.blog.de Email: Bloggydotblogdotde Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5macFinal: Type/creator is not APPL/MOZB and wrong Comments: Hi, there is a big bug in FF3.5finalMac: The type/creator is not APPL/MOZB anymore as it was in FF3.0.11. Instead, it is erroneously: -n A/PPLM Because of this strange type/creator name, the mousedriver “USB Overdrive X” (from MacUpdate.com etc.) does not recognize FF3.5 as an application to define mousekey settings for it. Evil! In FF3.0.11 or Camino etc. it’s no problem at all. How can I correct the type/creator name of FF3....

Web resources about - Wrong MIME-type - mozilla.firefox.prerelease

You're Not My MIME Type
... Carl. “All right, this is admittedly a strange case. Let me explain. To determine a valid file type, our code checks and ensures that the MIME ...