General performance

Name:    Rodolfo Wetzel
Product: Gran Paradiso

Comments:
It works fine, specially with zooming sites like chess.com that are
difficult with IE (chess pieces are not properly shown). What I really
miss, are some add on like cooliris' blue botton to search faster. So I
still use the Firefox 2.1 with working compatibilities.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Rodolfo

Introduce Firefox OS::Gaia::Performance/Performance Automation
Hello Governance, I am requesting to introduce a new sub-module into Firefox OS::Gaia to encompass the needs of Gaia's performance, performance testing, and performance automation. This would align with much of the Gaia's work that is done in the Bugzilla component of Firefox OS::Gaia::PerformanceTest. Performance is certainly everyone's responsibility in Gaia, but there is no official point-person on triaging performance issues or code ownership in this space, at least as it concerns the module system. Thoughts appreciated. Name: Firefox OS::Gaia::Performance and Perfo...

Firefox extensions are degrading performance of Firefox 3 RC2
Name: Rossier Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox extensions are degrading performance of Firefox 3 RC2 Comments: Web pages didn't load fully, waiting endless the page load completion. I ran in secure mode, and all was OK. So... Extensions are only good as they integrate nicely in the browser. Now, I have only keep NoScript and WebDeveloper as they work well with F3RC2. I suggest that a "star-meter" for the quality of integration be included in the description of the extension module (typically : memory resource impact, browser reactiveness im...

Firefox performance
Name: Alessandro Email: alezamatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox performance Comments: Firefox uses a lot of CPU Time also when is minimized. On some Windows laptop computer, this causes a more fan stress. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Firefox generally
My spybot reveals that Firefox is responsible for downloading threats into my system Avenue.inc and Advertiser are two examples. Today Firefox will not download pages properly. I have downloaded your latest version with no perceptible improvement. You were mentioned as having problems on the BCC Click programme this morning. Isn't it time you had a telephone support line in the United Kingdom? You are ranked as the best but my experience has not been so. This is not the first time that I have complained and as yet I have received no answers from you. It is the weekend expect...

Performance for Firefox and standars compatibility Firefox 3.6 RC1
Name: Diego de Bergia Email: diegodot74atlivedotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Performance for Firefox and standars compatibility Firefox 3.6 RC1 Comments: All today's Web browsers draw the Acid 3 test (except Firefox and Internet Explorer) is still slow compared to Safari, Google Chrome and Opera 10.5 alpha (which with its new Javascript engine is unstoppable). Moreover, the RAM consumption remains high in this first release candidate of Firefox 3.6, Flash content and put fires! It is room for improvement ... Hurry up guys you are falling behind you! ...

Firefox or not Firefox

What generals generally do

Firefox Performance
I have a 2 year old Gateway laptop that is dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.4. On both partitions, I have the latest version of Firefox that is available for the specific O/S. Launching Firefox in Ubuntu takes about 3-5 seconds. Launching Firefox in Windows 7 can take the better part of a minute. I know that I have more extensions in Windows, but not that many more. Is there a reason why the performance should vary by such a wide margin? On 5/11/2010 11:22 AM Just to please that super-ego, blegs38552 wrote the following tidbit of information: > I have a 2 year old Gat...

Firefox Performance
Name: Procyon Email: bouncedaboutatgmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 2 Summary: Firefox Performance Comments: It was a pleasure to install this build.. I tested it on both Win XP and Windows 7 RTM tbh and am happy with the performance results. Its faster and quicker namely on high intensive sites, the memory footprint is great allowing more intuitiveness all round. Handles Java, flash and silverlight quite well better than 3.5. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1) Gecko/20090806 Namoroka/3.6a1 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/pr...

Performance firefox
Name: Ram Product: Firefox Summary: Performance firefox Comments: Hi, Performance of firfox 3.4.2(compare to 3.5.1) is not good. It is very slow and consuming lot of CPU cycle. I cannot see "Kannada" language fonts on firefox. Thanks & regards, Ram Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it....

FireFox in general
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C52FA4.2BB79240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I'm a software and web developer. Using a combination of .NET C# DLLs = and page-based VBScript plus client-side Javascript. I'm also a long-time user and MS beta tester of operating systems, = including various versions of MSIE. Now I installed FireFox 1.0.1 because a horrendous number of FireFox = clients are being reported in SurfStats and other site statistics = gathere...

New performance tool available in Firefox Nightly (can debug FxOS, Firefox Desktop and regular pages)
In Firefox Nightly (and WebIDE), you'll find a new tool: "Performance". It replaces the profiler and the timeline tools. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/FDfXA7A.png This tool includes 4 major features: - Live FPS & memory graphs - timeline: main thread operations are logged and displayed under different categories (layout/paint/js) - JS/Gecko profiler: show profiles as a tree or a flame chart - Memory allocation graphs (click on the top right gear icon and select "Record Memory"): this is the first piece of a larger set of memory tools we are planning f...

General performance guidelines
Hi folks I have (2) 6 processor E6000 Solaris 7 systems, each with 2Gbytes memory. The current SYBASE configuration has a server for each database. A total of ten servers, 10 databases (5 running on each host). What would yield the best performance in this configuration, one server with 5 databases, running 5 engines or the original configuration? I have the opportunity to change the configuration, and was curious about this setup. Thanks in advance for the help Larry Buss labuss@magothy.com For performance it would definetly be better to put all the databases on one ser...

General performance tips
Hi, we have a 8-CPU Solarix box with 32G of memory. The server is running Sybase 12.5 and some misc services and batch jobs (shell scripts and perl scripts) - it is essentially a dedicated database host. In a setup like this, does it make sense to have online engines = 7 and Sybase total memory = 23 GB? (these are the current settings) I understand that it is impossible to give a recommendation based on this information, but generally, would you try max out the memory and the number of online engines? Is it possible to give too much memory or too many parallell CPUs to Sybase...

Web resources about - General performance - mozilla.firefox.prerelease

Andrew Bogut puts back issues behind him in return performance against Utah Jazz
Andrew Bogut's third double-double of the NBA season shows he is ready for the Christmas Day clash with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Sapphire Readies Nitro R9 Fury: Custom Design and Enhanced Performance
... its own custom printed circuit board. Sapphire claims that the new Nitro R9 Fury will feature enhanced durability and slightly higher performance. ...

How Twitter used Doze in Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Improve Notification Performance
... Advocate In October, we published a blog post about how Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) works with Doze in Android 6.0 Marshmallow to bring performance ...

How to make your performance review meaningful
Make your performance review meaningful Image by Thinkstock There's a prevailing opinion that performance reviews aren't the best way to evaluate ...

Wingels evaluates personal performance vs Hawks, reflects on year
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Wingels evaluates personal performance ...

Deadline’s The Contenders: How The Music In ‘Youth’ Became Such A Vital Part Of Michael Caine’s Performance ...
At Deadline’s big awards season day long event last month , The Contenders Presented By Deadline, Youth composer David Lang explained his process ...

China wearable device market continues to grow, with varied performance between segments, says IDC
According to the International Data Corporation (IDC ), wearable device shipments in China reached 7.37 million units in the third quarter of ...

Businesses Struggling with Application Performance Issues
Many IT teams still don't have a monitoring solution in place or don't have a solution equipped to detect certain types of performance issues. ...

Sony plans to boost battery performance 40 percent by 2020
Sony is planning to commercialize lithium-sulfur batteries by 2020, and promising increases of up to 40% over conventional lithium-ion architectures. ...