Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin

Name:    Scott Coppersmith
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
Firefox 3 beta 4 "forgets" that the flash plugin is installed and when
it tries to autoinstall I get the error "install-977..rdf (provided by
the item) is not well-formed or does not exist"

It started doing this with Beta 3 after I installed the DownloadHelper
add-on.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4
0
Scott

Firefox 3 won't recognize installed Adobe Flash Plugin
Name: Richard Email: surveyrichardathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 won't recognize installed Adobe Flash Plugin Comments: I have downloaded and installed the Adobe Flash 9 Plugin several times, yet Firefox 3.0.1 continues to flag websites as requiring an additional plugin, that being Adobe Flash. This is occurring on one of the three PCs where I have Firefox 3.0.1 installed. All are Windows XP based, two being XP Pro Version 2002 SP2, and the other being XP Home SP3. It is one of the XP Pro systems that is experiencing the problem. I do have full a...

Is it a firefox problem or an adobe flash install problem that the plugin just won't install
I'm on Windows XP with Firefox 35.0.1 and I received a message to install the latest flash plugin which I've done many times before. I was absolutely positive that I went to the correct Adobe domain and flash version test location, and I downloaded the flash plugin stub. But it just won't install. 1. I kill Firefox. 2. I doubleclick on the adobe stub installer. 3. It downloads the rest of whatever it needs (takes a few minutes). 4. It then says it has completed successfully and deletes the stub. But, much to my dismay, time and time again (the definition of ins...

New Flash plugin won't render flash components in Firefox
Name: Serena Product: Firefox Summary: New Flash plugin won't render flash components in Firefox Comments: I was asked to update my Flashplayer plugin tonight (the 8.0r22 version), now I have no flash support in either FF 1.0.7 or 1.5 Beta 2 which I've just tried installing. As there are a number of websites/forums that I visit where the menus are flash based, it makes it impossible to use FF (which I love) with them. Guess it's back to buggy old Internet Exploiter for everywhere again. :( Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) ...

1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work
Name: Emmanuel Amodeo Email: emmanueldotamodeoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work Comments: Hi, pages often won't finish loading. I have had this recurring problem with FF 3.5 ever since the official release of the program. A page will show that it is loading, and will not show anything onscreen until I chose to reload the page (select the adress in the adress bar and just press enter for reload). Once I tell the program to reload, it will show the page pretty much instantly. If I chose to let ...

The Firefox 3.0 RC2 don't install the adobe flash player plugin
Name: Jose Henrique Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: The Firefox 3.0 RC2 don't install the adobe flash player plugin Comments: When I access the web site http://g1.globo.com/, the firefox ask for the flash player. I install but it don't install. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox won't install plugins
When I go to a web site that uses Macromedia Flash Player, Firefox offers to install it. But when I hit the button to do it, the installer doesn't work. The installer window comes up looking normal (except that the window which is supposed to show the license agreement is empty), but when I hit OK, the window simply blanks and says "Installing plugins...." -- and apparently does nothing ever again, since it is still sitting there unchanged two hours later. ...

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back
Name: Jean Everett Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back Comments: Not sure if I'm sending this to the right place, but all other options were far too confusing and time-consuming for me to work with (I'm a botanist, not a computer (insert polite word for geek). I maintain very simple Netscape Composer webpages for the courses I teach (here's one: http://www.cofc.edu/~everettj/BIOL301.html. The image banners at the top often don't display in Firefox. I can get them in Internet Explorer,...

Firefox says needs plugin but won't install it!
Name: Bill Email: wyee2atnycdotrrdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox says needs plugin but won't install it! Comments: Visiting this Zone Labs url for a demo of their product. http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/media/flash/clientTutorial/zaff.html Get pop up saying needs to install missing flash player plugin from Adobe. I click to install, accept Adobe download license agreement, and Firefox says it must restart to install the new plugin. I click okay to allow restart... when it restarts it shows my last url's but comes back to same error sa...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

won't close, then won't re-open
Name: Murray Product: Firefox Summary: won't close, then won't re-open Comments: For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running in the background, but then wouldn't reopen. I went online looking for a solution, but you don't have one. So. Bye bye. I'm done with you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but ...

Firefox v1.0 won't load; thinks it's IE, wants IE plugins
I've installed Firefox v1.0 on my T21, and it runs. I have not yet installed extensions. When I put the seven Java plugins from Java v1.4.2 into the plugins directory and rebooted, it refused to load, and there was an error message telling me that I mustn't use Internet Explorer plugins with a Netscape browser -- something I never thought of doing. So I've renamed the seven DLLs and can load Firefox, but of course cannot use Java with it. Help > About Mozilla Firefox brings up a graphic window saying that the User Agent is indeed MS IE, but that should be permi...

Web resources about - Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin - mozilla.firefox.prerelease

BackDrop Root Not Only Backs Up Apps and Settings, But It Auto-Restores App Data After a Re-Install
... an update.zip file that can be flashed immediately after you flash a new ROM. So on that first bootup, you will already have BackDrop installed ...

You Need To Re-install All Installed Apps If You Upgrade From Windows 8.1 Preview To Final Version
Microsoft today confirmed that they will be releasing Windows 8.1 preview on June 26th during BUILD conference. If you are planning to upgrade ...