Firefox 3beta2 downgraded to Firefox 2.0.0.11

Name:    Yair Ifergan
Email:   yiferganatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
Hi Guys,

First - Good job on Version 3! really amazing work.

this is my experience: i updated to Version 3b2 and had the following:
- 99% of my add-ons does not work
- after installing GMarks add-on (Google bookmark) - the only one
compatible with V3b2, after few moves and editing some entries, my
firefox restarted and loaded as version 2.0.0.11 (!!) - not sure that it
is related to GMark add-on - but bottom line, my firefox downgraded
itself to the latest current release.

it is something you are familiar with?
Yair

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
0
Yair

"Yair Ifergan" <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote in message news:GoKdnbY3Osl9yuXanZ2dnUVZ_v-hnZ2d@mozilla.org...
> Name:    Yair Ifergan
> Email:   yiferganatgmaildotcom
> Product: Firefox Release Candidate
>
> Comments:
> Hi Guys,
>
> First - Good job on Version 3! really amazing work.
>
> this is my experience: i updated to Version 3b2 and had the following:
> - 99% of my add-ons does not work
> - after installing GMarks add-on (Google bookmark) - the only one
> compatible with V3b2, after few moves and editing some entries, my
> firefox restarted and loaded as version 2.0.0.11 (!!) - not sure that it
> is related to GMark add-on - but bottom line, my firefox downgraded
> itself to the latest current release.
>
> it is something you are familiar with?
> Yair
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

I expect you have  Firefox as your default browser.
You installed  Firefox 3 into a different folder and once in
Firefox 3 you probably want to make it your default browser,
which fx3 is in Tools,Options, Advanced, General  instead of Tools, Options, Main

The  main Quick Launch shortcuts that I use are
    Ye old Firefox 2.0.0.11   (visible one on quick launch without drop-up, you don't see actual title

     "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p "default"  -no-remote
     . Mozilla Firefox           (has a period and space in front to sort to first position)

     Firefox (Safe Mode)  -p -no-remote
     "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode  -p -no-remote

     Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 2
     "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 2\firefox.exe"

I use default profile  for  2.0.0.11
a  stripped profile    for  Firefox 3 Beta
and a practically new profile with no extensions usually for Safe Mode
so I can see what things actually look like with no changes and a couple of bookmarks.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/quicklaunch.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

    Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 2 (-safe-mode -no-remote -p)
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 2\firefox.exe" -safe-mode -no-remote -p

more information on
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/quicklaunch.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,
Firefox Custom:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

0
David
12/31/2007 4:51:52 AM
On Dec 30 2007, 9:45=A0pm, Yair Ifergan <hendrix-no-
replyatmozilladotorg> wrote:
> Name: =A0 =A0Yair Ifergan
> Email: =A0 yiferganatgmaildotcom
> Product: Firefox Release Candidate
>
> Comments:
> Hi Guys,
>
> First - Good job on Version 3! really amazing work.
>
> this is my experience: i updated to Version 3b2 and had the following:
> - 99% of my add-ons does not work
> - after installing GMarks add-on (Google bookmark) - the only one
> compatible with V3b2, after few moves and editing some entries, my
> firefox restarted and loaded as version 2.0.0.11 (!!) - not sure that it
> is related to GMark add-on - but bottom line, my firefox downgraded
> itself to the latest current release.
>
> it is something you are familiar with?
> Yair
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.=
11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

Thanks. looks like it.
0
yifergan