Firefox 3.5 beta links the "Firefox" button on the Mozilla homepage to the "Personal" page

Name:    Jack Stevenson
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
On Safari, the Firefox product button goes to
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html, but on f-fox 3.5 beta
it goes to http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Jack

Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As"
Name: Thaddeus Polit Email: ThaddeusdotPolitatlmcodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As" Comments: Firefox 3.1b2 - When I click "Save Image As", "Save link As", or "Save Page As", nothing happens. The "Save As" dialog does not appear. Due to this problem, I have been forced to start using I.E. Yuck! Please help! Sincerely, Thaddeus Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) G...

The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Flavio Serra Product: Firefox Summary: The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: I have to scroll with the mouse all to the right. it was easier with a button in the navigation toolbar. Easiest way is as MS Exlorer or Google Chrome (in my view). best regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you...

How to "send the page" not just the "link" with Firefox/Thunderbird
The subject line sums it up. Why can't I just select an entire page (Ctrl A), copy in Firefox and then paste in Thunderbird ? Or is there a better way ? Thanks jp Jack Patteeuw <jjpatteeuw@nospam.net> wrote in news:_i0ee.3409$pe3.559 @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > The subject line sums it up. > > Why can't I just select an entire page (Ctrl A), copy in Firefox and > then paste in Thunderbird ? > > Or is there a better way ? Sending the link is the better way. Sending a page is rude on so many levels. -- }:-) ...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

Updated XPCOM linked to Xulrunner 5.0 not "registered" or "defined" in Firefox 5. What do I do next??
Hello, I was shipping two extensions, one for Firefox 3.6 and one for Firefox 4.0,= containing XPCOM components for Mac OS X. I knew that my extension would = not work with 5.0 but was unable to do anything until recently when Bug 653= 971 was fixed and the Xulrunner binaries for Mac OS X appeared. So I very carefully modified my build scripts to build a third extension in= the same way, for Firefox 5.0. Briefly, my scripts lipo together the four= Xulrunner binaries libmozalloc.dylib, libnspr4.dylib, libxpcom.dylib and l= ibxpcomglue_s.a into 32/64 bit fat binaries, link to th...

Position of the arrow before "Click on the close button" in the "You have updated firefox" page
Name: Nivas Product: Firefox Summary: Position of the arrow before "Click on the close button" in the "You have updated firefox" page Comments: From Firefox 3, it is generally default that all open tabs are saved and reopened whenever firefox is closed/opened. When I updated to Firefox 3.0.1 RC, I had one tab open. I had to restart firefox, and then I had "You have updated to the latest version...." page and a message "Click on the close button on this tab" with an arrow poiting to where the 'X' should be. The position would genera...

Firefox 3 Beta 2 menus inconsistently use "..." and "…"
Name: Patrick Bernier Email: patatTZoNEdotORG Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 2 menus inconsistently use "..." and "…" Comments: I am running Firefox 3 Beta 2, English version, on a Japanese version of Windows XP. The "Help" menu looks like this: Report Broken web site… Report Web Forgery... Check for Updates… It looks very inconsistent and not very professional. IMHO all English menus should simply use three ASCII periods. Besides, the glyph for … tends to look very different depending on the font used (sometimes it's on the...

Renaming of "Firefox only" to "Toolkit only"
As discussed on irc, lots of pages have the mention "Firefox only", or "Not in Firefox" [1] [2]. That's not very correct technically, as other apps like XULRunner or Thunderbird are also concerned by the "Firefox only" texts. It was proposed to rename those to "Toolkit only" / "Not in toolkit". Those texts should be templatized for easier management. It was also discussed if pre-toolkit stuff should be supported, but I guess that's another debate ;-) I'm not taking action on this personally, that was to open the d...

where did the "home" button go in Firefox 3 beta 5?
Name: michael Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: where did the "home" button go in Firefox 3 beta 5? Comments: this was after an upgrade from beta 4 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

How to remove "Set Up Firefox Sync" button and related "Sync" items using userChrome.css on Firefox 4.0 final
I'm reporting this question in hopes someone else will see it. Hi all, I've already done my homework and found a page (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla/topics/exploitable_vulnerability_in_firefox_sync) detailing the necessary items to be put into userChrome.css. However, when I try the options detailed by the author, I still see that "Set Up Firefox Sync" under Tools > Options > Sync. Basically, it doesn't seem to work. I've pasted the below into my userChrome.css but I still see the Set Up Firefox Sync button. menu[label="Tools"] m...

firefox "bookmarks manager" "bookmarks toolbar" "same order"
I did a web and groups search for the subject line to try to find an answer, but came up dry. I'm running Firefox2 on an XP machine. The problem is this: For some reason, Bookmarks Manager does not list the bookmarks in the same order as the bookmarks toolbar. It used to. How can I make it do it again? "Restore natural order" does nothing. I want the order in Bookmarks Manager to change to reflect the order on the bookmarks toolbar. I used to be able to make a change in Bookmarks Manager and it would immediately be reflected in the bookmarks toolbar and would li...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

Firefox 3.6 beta 1
Name: Jeff Wygum Email: jwygumatnorsedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Comments: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must...

Firefox Beta 3
Name: Will Blanchette Email: blanchettebbataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Beta 3 - Download Manager is lacking "clear list" and "remove" options Comments: The download manager for the Firefox 3 Beta seems to work better than version 2 for pausing and getting large files, but after only one try I miss the quick links to options like, "open," "clear list," and "remove from list." Obviously, you can just double-click to open or right click to open a list of the options, but the other set-up was more direct. Browse...

where did the "home" button go in Firefox 3 beta 5? #2
Name: michael Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: where did the "home" button go in Firefox 3 beta 5? Comments: this was after an upgrade from beta 4 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.5 beta links the "Firefox" button on the Mozilla homepage to the "Personal" page - mozilla.firefox.prerelease