Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes upon starting in Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Name:    Vasily
Email:   vasilyatgatechdotedu
Product: Gran Paradiso

Comments:
Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes upon starting in Mac OS X (10.3.9), running on
a PowerBook G4 laptop with a PowerPC processor.

I had dragged the Firefox app folder from the installer .dmg into an
alternate location (not the usual Applications folder), renamed it to
Firefox 3 Beta 5 so it wouldn't conflict with my usual Firefox
(v2.0.0.13), then dragged the renamed app into the Applications folder.
 On starting, the dock icon bounces briefly then quickly disappears.  No
browser window opens.

I may have filed this bug report previously under the wrong category, so
my apologies if this is a duplicate!

- Vasily

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Vasily

Firefox 3 Beta 5 for Mac OS X crashes on start
Name: Vasily Email: vasilyatgatechdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 for Mac OS X crashes on start Comments: Firefox 3 Beta 5 for Mac OS X crashes immediately upon starting. No window opens -- the dock icon appears and bounces for a moment, then disappears. I'm using a PowerBook G4 with Mac OS 3.9. I also have Firefox 2.0.0.13 installed, but have installed Firefox 3 Beta 5 to a differently-named folder. When installing I first dragged the installer icon to a different folder (not Applications) in order to change the name to Firefox 3 Beta 5 instead o...

Updated to Firefox 3.5.3, but version still lists as 3.5.2 (Mac OS X 10.4.11 on G4)
.. . . After upgrading to 3.5.3 (and doing a browser-menu Help>Release Notes opening a tab showing it's 3.5.3), I find the computer's hierarchical listing of applications still shows version 3.5.2, and selecting its icon for a command-get info brings a window identifying it as version 3.5.2. I can't find any other version of Firefox with a later installation date or in a different location on the computer, a 512mb-RAM 1.33GHz Power PC G4 5-yr.-old Mac mini with OS X 10.4.11 (the highest allowed on a non-Intel Mac). Why won't the listing show the current version num...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 on Mac OS 10.3.9 references undefined symbols in Carbon
Name: Vasily Email: vasilyatgatechdotedu Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 on Mac OS 10.3.9 references undefined symbols in Carbon Comments: The symbols are: _kCGColorSpaceGenericRGB _kCGImageSourceShouldAllowFloat _kCGImageSourceTypeIdentifierHint Below is the crash report, which seems to be the same for ALL my Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes. I'm using a PowerBook G4, running Mac OS X 10.3.9 with the latest updates from Apple. For instance, if Firefox is the default web browser, and I click on the apple icon on the OS X menubar, then choose Mac ...

Gran Paradiso / Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 does not work on Mac OS 10.3.9
Name: Stewart Alexander Email: stewdotalexanderdotinboxatgmaaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Gran Paradiso / Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 does not work on Mac OS 10.3.9 Comments: I have a 600 Mhz 128 Mb Macintosh that I cannot upgrade to !0.4 etc. due to its hardware limitations, I tried loading firefox 3.0 Beta 5 only to find it doesn't open, why not? Not supporting older machines? Your telling me to use the newest Firefox I have to buy a new computer, rather heartbreaking. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070509...

Firefox 3.0.3 will not start (Mac OS 10.5.5)
I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox and nothing happen. I have delete .plist, profile, reinstall but no luck Any suggestions to make firefox work please? Thanks Peter Peter wrote: > I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator > account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a > domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox > and nothing happen....

Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3
Name: abel Email: abelusfatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3 Comments: Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3, noticeable increase in popups evading popup blocker. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032619 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems Comments: The firefox version + mac os x version combination offers poor performance. Starting firefox throws to the mac console the following messages: 17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] firefox-bin(3545,0xa05eb720) malloc: *** error for object 0x5d64: Non-aligned pointer being freed 17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug Maybe this causes performance problems that makes firefox practica...

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF
Name: mike Email: m_salantatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF Comments: And the resulting PDF is a mess, it cannot be opened, and it gives no indication of damage until you try to open it. In other words, after crashing and restarting firefox several times, one can be left with a number of PDFs that are absolutely CRAP (one for each crash). There is a crash reporter which analyses this, but I am not a techie; parsing complaints seem to be ...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 freezes on Mac OS X 10.5
Name: D.W. Schultz Email: pastordave00atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 freezes on Mac OS X 10.5 Comments: Beta5 freezes after launch after loading the default sites. The browser stops responding and the processor usage skyrockets to 60-80 %, and in extreme cases the OS freezes. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_5_2; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1 Safari/525.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3 is not available for Mac OS X 10.3.9
Name: Ron Offringa Email: ronatfisherccdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 is not available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 Comments: I love Firefox 2. I use it every day. I'm sure I would love Firefox 3, but I can't use it because I have Mac OS X 10.3.9. That is the one frustrating thing about Apple is that there is little software that is backwards compatible. Microsoft almost always makes drivers and software backwards compatible. It'd be nice if Mozilla broke Apple's trend of leaving those who are just a couple releases behind and made new software available t...

Firefox 3 does not start on Mac OS X v10.3.9
Name: Ronan Tanguy Email: ronant_ukatyahoodotcodotuk Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 does not start on Mac OS X v10.3.9 Comments: Dear all, I am attempting to install F3 RC2 under MacOSX, but may be this platform is no more supported ? dyld: ./firefox-bin Undefined symbols: ../XUL undefined reference to _kCGColorSpaceGenericRGB expected to be defined in Carbon ../XUL undefined reference to _kCGImageSourceShouldAllowFloat expected to be defined in Carbon ../XUL undefined reference to _kCGImageSourceTypeIdentifierHint expected to be defined in Carbon ...

Downloaded Firefox 3 to Mac (OS X 10.3.9)
Name: Neville M Dalton Email: NevDaltonatsupanetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Downloaded Firefox 3 to Mac (OS X 10.3.9) Comments: Thanks Folks. While browsing, using Firefox 2 on my iMac G5 (OS X 10.3.9) I was 'offered' a download of Firefox 3 - WITH NO INDICATION THAT IT WOULDN'T WORK ON MY MACHINE!!! Having downloaded and installed it - which replaced the older version (which worked) Version 3 failed to work. Having had recourse to your web site I discover that it won't!!!! Now I have lost all my bookmarks and other stuff. Couldn't you put a warning...

Downloaded Firefox 3 to Mac (OS X 10.3.9) #2
Name: Neville M Dalton Email: NevDaltonatsupanetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Downloaded Firefox 3 to Mac (OS X 10.3.9) Comments: Thanks Folks. While browsing, using Firefox 2 on my iMac G5 (OS X 10.3.9) I was 'offered' a download of Firefox 3 - WITH NO INDICATION THAT IT WOULDN'T WORK ON MY MACHINE!!! Having downloaded and installed it - which replaced the older version (which worked) Version 3 failed to work. Having had recourse to your web site I discover that it won't!!!! Now I have lost all my bookmarks and other stuff. Couldn't you put a warning...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 has an issue with cpu consuption (tested with OS X, 10.5)
Name: Kalkura Sumpsa Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 has an issue with cpu consuption (tested with OS X, 10.5) Comments: I was running maintenance action (thumbnail reload) in my gallery2 (http://gallery.menalto.com/) installation in my home server. My laptop with FF3B3 was coming slower and slower what longer the maintenance got and finally jammed almost totally. I changed my browser to safari and tried the same operation - no problem. So, there's a cpu consumption problem with ff3b3 what can be reproduced. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macin...

Web resources about - Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes upon starting in Mac OS X (10.3.9) - mozilla.firefox.prerelease

Starting Over (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Six women at a time work to overcome obstacles and meet personal goals. When it is determined that a woman has met all her goals, she "graduates" ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Aims To Curb App Spam: Starting Oct. 2, Developers Can No Longer Use API To Post Directly To ...
Starting Oct. 2, applications on Facebook will no longer be able to use its application-programming interfaces to post stories directly to the ...

Starting work on Luleå building 2
It’s been less than a year since we first started serving traffic from our Luleå data center; one of the greenest, most cutting-edge facilities ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook starting rollout of image-focused sidebar ads
In April, Facebook announced that it is making the images in sidebar ads much bigger . The company recently notified Preferred Marketing Developers ...

Starting Blocks (@sblocks) on Twitter

Angela Ahrendts: ‘Starting Anew’
Angela Ahrendts, writing on LinkedIn: Also, trust your instincts and emotions. Let them guide you in every situation; they will not fail you. ...

Starting a Business with Venture Capital for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation) ...
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Starting a Business with Venture Capital on the App Store. Download ...

Paper by FiftyThree makes starting new projects easier with templates
... inks on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. Paper - Notes, Photo Annotation, and Sketches by FiftyThree Paper by FiftyThree makes starting new projects ...