When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well.

Name:    Jean-Victor Côté
Email:   jean-vdotcoteatsympatico.ca
Product: Firefox

Comments:
It does not always happen, but it is as if all windows were tabs of the
same window that closes without warning when a particular tab is closed.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
0
Jean

When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? This bug needs to be fixed! -- "Jay" <jemontes48@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ZOSdnXsvzv8FzuXVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@mozilla.org... > When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! > It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? > This bug needs to be fixed! Tools → Options → Tabs → Warn (me) when closing multiple tabs Tools → Options → Tabs → Always show the tab bar The second one will stop Firefox fro...

Close the main window of firefox without close the download window
Name: Diogo Email: douttorxatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Close the main window of firefox without close the download window Comments: IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and after I open again THEN my pages opened when I closed was saved but IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and give opened the Download Window THEN when I open again the Main Window of Firefox without close the Download Window the pages isn't save Why does it happen? Thanks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3....

"top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other alternatives?
Hi Team, "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other alternatives? Thanks, Bhavesh. On 09-04-2008 14:27 CET, Bhavesh Kamani composed this enchanting statement: > Hi Team, > > "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other > alternatives? > > Thanks, > > There may be window tabs open that need user confirmation for closure. File exit, may be? -- Kind regards, Melchert (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0) On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Melchert Fruitema <me...

Firefox does not close after i close the window
Name: William Kearney Email: wjk69athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox does not close after i close the window Comments: Hi I have been using firefox for years now and have not had a problem like this but the past few months now I shut down firefox and come back however long later or even right away as I accidentally and absent mindlessly close it Lol, and get told I cant cause it still running in the back ground ?:s so what is the cause of this and is there a way I can fix that? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) ...

i closed the downloads window and it closed firefox
Name: mario Product: Firefox Summary: i closed the downloads window and it closed firefox Comments: Firefox 3 beta 4 for windows i closed the downloads window and it closed the whole program it also crashes way too often. Sometimes i double click the icon to launch firefox and it doesn't start, which happens after firefox crashed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Closing one window closes Firefox
Hi, I'm trying to understand some quite weird behaviour: when I close a popup window that has been opened by a particular webpage, the entire browser closes, no matter what. Try this: http://www.amazon.com/product/dp/B0006Z2KXO/ (Amazon "Dinner At Eight" DVD) Now click "See larger image" to open a new window -- when I close that one, Firefox closes silently, no questions asked. This does not happen elsewhere, even with another Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/product/dp/B0000CNTLU/ (Amazon: "Beethoven Symphonies, Toscanini") Completely norm...

Close all child windows as well when closing their parent window
Hi all: How can I implement this feature with JS?  Take nothing on looks; take everything on evidence.- Charles Dickens  You can implements this type of functionality by calling some function in child window which call using document.setInterval. In this function you can check for the parent object. if parent object is null that call seft.close();ThanksPankaj GohelPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. Hi,   this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "Closeme", "window.opener.location.reload();window.close();", true)...

Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window
Name: Igor Email: igordotivanovatlistdotru Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window Comments: Sometimes after closing Firefox window by X button I find its process is still alive. So I can't run Firefox again without killing this process manually. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; ru; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 MRA 5.4 (build 02647) Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide o...

Closing View Source window closes Firefox
This happened to me many months ago and I was going to pursue it further, but it got buried in the chaff and I forgot about it. It happened to me again, today, though. I clicked on View - Source for a web page I'm looking at (a dynamic Php page that is on my hard drive, served through an Apache server running on my PC, if that is what matters) and when I click on the X in the top right corner of the View Source window - Firefox completely closes. This * very rarely* happens so I don't what could be triggering it. Has anyone else seen this happen? (This is in Fir...

Sometimes when i close firefox it says i need to close it but its closed
Name: paul Email: pdm_1978atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Sometimes when i close firefox it says i need to close it but its closed Comments: i get a bug that when i close firefox and try to reopen it its say i need to close it and reboot my computer. hope that helps some . Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

firefox hangs on main window close if any other windows are open
Hi. I have the following problem. If I close main firefox window when any other firefox windows are open (popups, DownThemAll, Firebug, another Firefox window in non-single- window mode) all those windows become unresponsive, and firefox proccess just sits there eating 100% CPU until I kill it off. The same happens when Firefox tries to merge a full-fledged (non- popup) window into the main one in signle window mode (I use tab mix plus), presumably because it is closing that full window; popups without toolbars and stuff are merged correctly. I'm running 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP P...

How do I keep firefox from shutting down when I close a window, with other windows open?
I shut down a pop-up window, or an extra window I don't need, and firefox closes completely. The second time this happened, I got no warning, even though I have firefox set to ask about closing multiple tabs. what do I have to do to stop this from happening? ---> > I shut down a pop-up window, or an extra window I don't need, and > firefox closes completely. The second time this happened, I got no > warning, even though I have firefox set to ask about closing multiple > tabs. what do I have to do to stop this from happening? If you use the menu item File ->...

Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze
Name: Sebastian Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze Comments: The problem stated above happend quite often after Firefox was running for some time 3-4 Hours. When restarting Firefox a message that firefox was already running popped of, and the process had to be stopped via task manager (ctrl alt del). Second thing I recognized was when starting 2-3 memory intense Flash-Applications in tabs firefox would freeze (games f...

"Close button" on Microsoft keyboard does not close windows in Firefox
Name: Ken Hastings Email: Neth_Toratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Close button" on Microsoft keyboard does not close windows in Firefox Comments: This may be considered a bug, but since Microsoft hardware is expected to be closely integrated with their own software/drivers/operating system... it shouldn't be a big surprise their keyboards don't fully work with all programs. The "Close button" does NOT close the windows in Firefox when it is pressed. I have the latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer both installed, but Firef...

Web resources about - When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well. - mozilla.feedback

You have to try Google's new 'Star Wars' lightsaber game
Pop quiz, hotshot: You find yourself aboard a Star Destroyer, with sinister Stormtroopers coming at you without mercy or repentance. What do ...

Netflix re-encodes their library to save bandwidth, increase quality
If I were to check and see where most of my monthly internet bandwidth usage goes, I'd say that the vast majority of it goes to Netflix. The ...

‘Homeland’ Evoked Amidst School Threats In Latest Real-Life Parallel For Season 5
When New York Commissioner Bill Bratton spoke today about the email bomb threats sent to schools in the country’s two biggest cities that shut ...

Seattle grants Uber, Lyft drivers right to unionize
The ordinance gives workers for ride-hailing companies the ability to bargain for better pay and other benefits. Both Uber and Lyft have opposed ...

The NBA Should Have Suspended Rajon Rondo Five Games for Hateful Comments
The NBA suspended Rajon Rondo one game for repeatedly calling referee Bill Kennedy a homophobic slur. This is not a penalty commensurate with ...

Saudi Arabia Leads ‘Islamic Military Alliance’ To Fight Terrorism – Joint Task Force Formed By 34 Nations ...
Saudi Arabia announced the formation of ‘Islamic Military Alliance’, a joint task force meant to fight terrorism. Over 30 nations have agreed ...

Cowboys Look To Squelch Reporters With Strict New Media Policy
The Dallas Cowboys are suddenly very interested in controlling what media members can and can’t report from the team’s facilities, and have instituted ...

DPP faces criticism from MPs for failing to see the "shambles" at magistrates courts
Alison Saunders told she is "living in a bubble" after saying she went to see cases in action only every few months

Kendall Jenner Slams Kylie for Bringing Tyga on Family Vacation
Kendall Jenner is slamming her younger sister Kylie in this brand new clip released from the upcoming episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians ...

Skype iPhone & iPad app gets improved sharing with iOS extension
Skype for iPhone and iPad gets an update today to version 6.8 and with it comes new features for sharing content in the app. With the update, ...