Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway?

Name:    Maureen Pritchett
Email:   firefox_at_cambridgetelenet.co.uk
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I clicked on Download (Firefox 2) and was asked whether I wanted to Run
the installation or Save it to Disc and then run the installation.

What are the pros and cons of each please?

Which gives the most troublefree installation?

Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
0
Maureen

Maureen Pritchett wrote:
> Name:    Maureen Pritchett
> Email:   firefox_at_cambridgetelenet.co.uk
> Product: Firefox
>
> Comments:
> I clicked on Download (Firefox 2) and was asked whether I wanted to Run
> the installation or Save it to Disc and then run the installation.
>
> What are the pros and cons of each please?
>
> Which gives the most troublefree installation?
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

maureen,

if u go to the firefox.support forum the girls will help you there.
0
garth

Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? #2
Name: Maureen Pritchett Email: firefox_at_cambridgetelenet.co.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? Comments: I clicked on Download (Firefox 2) and was asked whether I wanted to Run the installation or Save it to Disc and then run the installation. What are the pros and cons of each please? Which gives the most troublefree installation? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) Maureen Pritchett wrote: > Name: Maureen Pritchett > Email: ...

To install or not to install?

ACU Installation Error ...installation is already running...
When attempting to upgrade the Novell Client on Windows Vista systems, the installation stops with the attached error message: "Installation Error: The Novell Client Installation is already running on this Windows machine. Please complete and close the existing Novell Client Installation program before attempting to run SETUP.EXE again.." Prior to the install, the system was restarted, no instances of setup.exe. Monitoring task manager shows that ACU will attempt to start two instances of setup.exe. We have multiple systems which yield the same error so it is not a &...

Really slow install/run of ExtUtils::Install
I ran into some oddities on ExtUtils::Install (5.8.8 for cygwin-thread-multi-64int). One that bothered me the most was how long it took to do some steps. I ran a script to read each output line and display the time to see how long the delay(s) were and when they occurred. Note: This machine is mostly idle -- multiple CPU's and barely any usage on 1 CPU -- yet something was slowing things down. Anyone seen anything like this? Took about 1.5 minutes to Write the Makefile? Tests took 13 minutes? Is this normal? Delayed areas "*"ed below: 13:24:36.177000 ExtUtils-I...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Save installed packages for new installation like apt?
If I understand correctly, Opensuse doesn't save installed rpm packages installed with the package manager. I grew up on Debian based distros where packages installed with the package manager are saved in /var/cache/apt. You only need to copy this to a new install and install them without having to download them a second time. Is there something like this similar in Opensuse? -- "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi 67GTA, ...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

the debugger is not properly installed. Run setup to install or repair the debugger
Please needed help on this, i tried reinstall but it did not worked. i am using VS 2003. Looking forward for quick response. Below is the copy of DebuggerDiagnostics. Begin 'CheckMDMImage()'mdm.exe: version '7.10.6030' with hash '{05BD3C60-A1508E24-5E22E4A9-6D16A5D0-92287D50}'.Result of 'CheckMDMImage()' is '00000000'Begin 'CheckMSDBG2Image()'msdbg2.dll: version '7.10.6030' with hash '{6A6E8757-C19AB924-45EFDE6E-AAE046E6-D74409EE}'.Result of 'CheckMSDBG2Image()' is '00000000'Begin 'CheckCSMImage()'csm....

Installers and install as admin, run as different user. Win7 ( Vista? )
Hi all, Not sure where to post this. To register an Delphi IDE add-in expert I have to add an entry to HKCU/Software/Codegear/blablabla/Experts/"name"="full-path-to\add-in.dll" If there's no key added there, the add-in won't be loaded by the Delphi IDE. So, my installer adds this entry to HKCU and the same entry to HKLM (which is required by BDS ?) Additionally the installer adds a few other entries to HKCU/Software/ModelMakerTools/blablabla Problem: I have had several reports from Win7 users about the installer failing to do his thing. I think ...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

Getting this Error when running Make install trying to Install Knights Chess
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/perrottab/Downloads/knights/knights' g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I. -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -MT server_icc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/server_icc.Tpo -c -o server_icc.o server_icc.cpp cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++ In file included from server_icc.h:21:0, fr...

Web resources about - Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? - mozilla.feedback

The World’s Longest Straightaway
Imagine a highway that doesn’t bend, climb, or turn. That’s Eyre Highway, which crosses the Nullarbor Plain in Western Australia. The highway ...

Gisele Bundchen Knew Tom Brady Was the One "Straightaway" - Us Weekly
Gisele Bundchen said she knew that Tom Brady was The One "right away" find out how they first met, plus see photos of the couple at Super Bowl ...

It Girl: Caroline Trentini on Her Wedding Day
When Caroline Trentini was fifteen, the model began a running joke with Olivier Theyskens that one day, he would design her wedding dress.