Problem with PDF attachements in Thunderbird

Name:
Product: Other (please state)

Comments:
When I try to open an attached PDF from Thunderbird, sometimes Adobe
says the PDF is corrupt and cannot be opened. When I try to open them on
my Mail server, there's no such problem.

It only happens sometimes, but it always affects the same PDF documents.
There might be a bug, when trying to download the attachements.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
hendrix

problem with attaching pdf in thunderbird on linux
I have Thunderbird 1.0.6 on Linux (Red Hat 9.0), and I've always had problems when I send email with PDF attachments. If I add a PDF attachment, the email always comes in like it's inline, and it's all garbled. Attaching the same PDF on Thunderbird under Windows works fine. I've tried searching for this problem, but have never come up with any solutions. Has anyone else had this problem and have a solution? Currently, I have to zip up all PDF files and then attach them. Thanks, Randy M. ...

PDF ATTACHMENT PROBLEMS
I AM HAVING TROUBLE VIEWING PDF FILE ATTACHMENTS...I ALWAYS RECEIVED A PROMPT TO SELECT THE PROGRAM I WANT TO USE TO VIEW THE PDF. I HAVE SELECTED THE "USE THIS PROGRAM ALWAYS" TAB WHEN THIS PROMPT IS DISPLAYED, BUT I AM STILL RECEIVING THE SAME PROMPT. ADOBE READER IS THE DEFAULT PROGRAM FOR VIEWING THESE FILES, SO THIS MUST BE A GROUPWISE ISSUE... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA??? -- MSHARRAR ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MSHARRAR schrieb: > I AM HAVING TROUBLE VIEWING PDF FILE ATTACHMENTS...I ALWAYS RECEIVED A > P...

Problems with pdf and other attachements
The file never get downloaded. . Have tried to put in pin list. IE and Firefox. LAG 3.0.4.56. It works if i go directly to the webserver (not via LAG). Eks: http://tinyurl.com/9sfky7 -- kaiung ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Forget it. Posted wrong LAG version (did not have IR1 installed on the prod. system). Upgraded to the 3.0.4.56 and it works now. -- kaiung ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Problem with attachments in Thunderbird
I am having trouble with attachments in Thunderbird messges which I send. For some recipients, the attachments are embeded in the text of the message. Other recipients semm ot receive them OK. So for example, a Microsoft word document appears in its raw form, which to the uninitiated looks like goobledigook. Is there any way to ensure that attachments are NOT sent in-line? Brian -- Brian White Canberra Australia Brian White wrote: > Is there any way to ensure that attachments are NOT sent in-line? AFAIK there is no way to send attachments "in-line". Take a...

Problem with PDF-attachment
Hii,I have the following code for getting a byte array out of the database when an user click on the attachment button in my datalist.  byte[] itemsAttachmentBytes; itemsAttachmentBytes = (byte[])item.Attachment; string fileName = (string)item.FileName; Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" + fileName) byte[] getContent = itemsAttachmentBytes; Response.BinaryWrite(getContent); This code works for .doc, .jpg attachments but NOT for .pdf attachments ... Adobe Acrobet says: There was an error opening this documen...

Thunderbird attachment problem
Hi, I been using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.21 , the problem arises when i try to attach a file frm a remote PC. I am using thunderbird on kubuntu 9.04 and i am wanting to add files as attachment from one of my remote windows PC. Thus presently its not avaiable with thunderbird but Kmail allows you to give a option from where you can add files from remote PCs, thus u can use samba share in Kubuntu OS. So wanted to clarify is this a serious issue when we compare Thunderbird with this feature. -- regards, Sourav Mohanty (Linux Lingo) ...

PDF Attachments Problem
I discovered recently that I can no longer open PDF attachments, either by double-clicking them or by using right-click followed by Open. Fortunately, they can still be saved to hard disc and opened from there. Any suggestions or thoughts? I'm running TB V3.1.4 on Windows 7 64-bit. Using Tools > Options > Attachments, PDF files are correctly associated with the Adobe Reader. I also tried installing Mime Edit but isn't compatible with V3.1.4. AlexB On 24/09/2010 10:54, Alex Balfour wrote: > I discovered recently that I can no longer open PDF attachments, eit...

Feedback and Feedback Problem
Name: Peter Lehner Email: lehnerus2000atyahoodotcomdotau Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback and Feedback Problem Comments: Hi Guys I wanted to send some feedback on Firefox 4, but I was directed to a page that said Forbidden (403). Feedback You should include more nfo in the screen tips. e.g. Ctrl+Reload - duplicate a Tab Ctrl+Back - opens previous page in a new Tab Ctrl+Forward - opens "next" page in a new Tab etc. I only discovered these, by accident, a few months ago. It would only be an extra line in a screen tip. Peter Lehner ...

Problem emailing a .pdf attachment
Whenever I try to send someone a .pdf file as an attachment, the coding for the attachment shows up as many lines of garbage in the body of the message. If I send a copy back to myself, the file is visible in the attachments box in the message window, (as well as the lines of code in the message body) but apparently people using other email clients are unable to find or view the file. All they see is the lines of code. If I send a .jpg file as an attachment, it works fine and doesn't have this problem. I've looked for an incorrect configuration setting, but haven't...

Problem with Thunderbird and large attachments
Hi When Hightail was called YouSendIt, I used to be able to send emails from Thunderbird that would automatically upload any large attachments to my YouSendIt account and create a link to the upload. Even after YouSendIt changed it name, for as long as the old "YouSendIt" server redirected to the new Hightail one, it still worked. But it no longer works (at least on my machine), even though my authorisation details haven't changed - the *only* thing that has changed is that the server name has changed from yousendit.com to hightail.com. But when I try to send...

More problems moving attachments to Thunderbird
On a previous thread, I asked how to move emails from Netscape 4.7 to Thunderbird. I was told how to locate the email files in Thunderbird and do a copy. Now I have a similar problem moving some files that are attached to an email sent to me. When I click on 'save as' to move them to a Documents file, the only choice is type 'any file'. When I try to move them from the Document folder to the mail area of Thunderbird, it creates a folder with that file name, with no content. The attached files can be opened in Thunderbird, so I know they can be read by this program. ...

pdf attachment errors in Thunderbird
Hi, I've been facing a strange problem with Thunderbird. I've had a lot of pdf attachments (but NOT ALL) that get corrupted. On the other hand they do remain correctly on the web access page for the email account (I use IMAP) I'm stumped! Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks! Regards, -Rahul Rahul keyboarded, On 2/8/2008 7:12 PM : > Hi, > > I've been facing a strange problem with Thunderbird. I've had a lot of > pdf attachments (but NOT ALL) that get corrupted. > > On the other hand they do remain correctly on the web access page fo...

Thunderbird 2
Hi, Just upgraded to Thunderbird 2 - now can send emails with attachments - sent mail folder updated but e-mail not recieved at the other end? Was find with previous version of Thunderbird - no changes to anit- virus etc Thanks Simon oops! - I meant "now can't send emails" On Jun 2, 12:15 pm, coldfeet <simonbrown...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Just upgraded to Thunderbird 2 - now can send emails with attachments > - sent mail folder updated but e-mail not recieved at the other end? > Was find with previous version of Thunderbird - no cha...

Problem attaching pdf and word files
Name: Chris Gregson Email: Cgregson101_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Problem attaching pdf and word files Comments: I've been using Firefox for over a year now, and recently ( like a week ago ) I haven't been able to attach pdf's and word docs with my yahoo email account while using your browser...I need this level of functionality as I use email everyday to do business...Is there a patch or upgrade thatt will allow me to go back to using Firefox...as of right now, I'm stuck using Ineternet Explorer, but would prefer to have my Firefox back Browse...

Web resources about - Problem with PDF attachements in Thunderbird - mozilla.feedback

Sony Reveals QX1 and QX30 Lens Attachements for Smartphones
Refreshed Xperia smartphones , tablets, and smartwatches aren’t all Sony announced at IFA. As predicted, the company revealed the QX1 and QX30 ...

Happy Star Wars Day: Lightsaber Laser Attachements
Consider this my requisite Happy Star Wars Day post. So...yeah May the fourth be with you. The tenth? The tenth is Camper's Day. ZING! I wanna ...

Todoist Updates with Support for Attachements, Photos, and Voice Notes
Windows/OS X/iOS/Android/Web: Todoist is one of our favorite to-do list managers, and today the service updated all of its apps to support files ...

Researcher says Apple fibs about crypto for iOS email attachements
Latest iPad and iPad firmware reveals attachments in clear text Apple has been busted for falsely claiming that email attachments sent from ...

Great new Gmail feature: search inside your attachements
Since its public launch in 2007, Google’s Gmail has continued to rapidly add features that make our email lives easier. Now you can add another ...

App Store - BrandTracker
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about BrandTracker on the App Store. Download BrandTracker and enjoy it on ...

Letter case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the minimalist musical sub-genre, see Lowercase (music) . For New Testament minuscules, see Category:Greek New Testament minuscules . In ...

eCards - Getting help - Black Dog Institute
Here we provide a selection of 'Get Well' e-cards for depression.

OFCOM - OFCOM Online
Federal Administration admin.ch Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications Federal Office of Communications OFCOM Online ...

New Nano with camera makes another appearance
Just over a month ago, we showed you the case of what seems to be the next generation Nano with a camera.  The leak’s proximity to April Fool’s ...