In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2

Name:    Firas MR
Email:   firasmr786atgmaildotcom
Product: Other (please state)

Comments:
Hi,
I'm on Ubuntu Linux Feisty Fawn. I've noticed that Flash isn't working
properly in Firefox 3 Beta 3. Flash performance was significantly better
with Firefox 2. Although I have to say that even with Firefox 2, it
wasn't entirely satisfactory partly because of Firefox's memory footprint.

Using the 'top' command, Firefox 2 shows Memory usage at 35%. Firefox 3
Beta 3 shows up as 45%.

I love some of the great new additions in Firefox 3 including the smart
bookmarks feature. Hope you make this version of Firefox even better.
Good luck!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 (Ubuntu-feisty)
0
Firas

Firefox 3 Beta 2 versus Firefox 2 Memory Usage
Name: Mike Lewis Email: mrlbpatbigponddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 2 versus Firefox 2 Memory Usage Comments: Very heavy surfing for half an hour with Firefox 2 used 651.5 Meg of RAM and slowed it down a lot. Surfing the same sites for the same time with Firefox 3 Beta 2 used 148 Meg and didn't slow it down. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 with 1 Gig of RAM on a 3 GHz Pentium 4 chip. The memory usage figures were from Windows Task Manager. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2.
Name: User Email: peanutbutter685atyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2. Comments: The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

firefox 3 beta 1 mac os 10.5.1 -- memory usage seems to be worse (i.e., firefox uses more memory)
Name: jeffrey p. Email: ff3b1atff3b1dotexjaydotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: firefox 3 beta 1 mac os 10.5.1 -- memory usage seems to be worse (i.e., firefox uses more memory) Comments: firefox 2.x vs. firefox 3 beta 1 on mac os 10.5.1 i've been using firefox 2 for a while. my standard m.o. is to initially open nine windows and leave those open all the time. the browser is open for days and days. each of the initial nine windows has multiple tabs -- 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 7, 11, 16, 18. after a few days, the real memory usage as reported by activity monitor usually gro...

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3
Name: abel Email: abelusfatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3 Comments: Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3, noticeable increase in popups evading popup blocker. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032619 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3
Name: Pete Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3 Comments: When updated Firefox 2 to 1.0.0.12 and uninstalling previous version. It also removed Firefox 3 beta 3 from my computer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

high cpu usage on firefox 3 beta 2 and beta 3
Name: Larry Reaves Email: reaveslcatrose-hulmandotedu Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: high cpu usage on firefox 3 beta 2 and beta 3 Comments: I really like the new firefox betas, but they really drag down my system. I have about 18 tabs that I keep open. With these tabs open if firefox 2, I have an occasional spike of cpu usage when idle, but it is 0% most of the time. But with the betas, firefox is constantly consuming 50% of my cpu, and sometimes it jumps to 100% and I have to kill firefox before my system is usable again. Beta 3 seems to be nicer in the se...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #3
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: Second installment of my feedback. When bookmarking pages, you cant drag site into a bookmark folder, there isn't even a organize bookmarks button in the bookmarks dropdown. Also, when dragging the bookmarks (in the bookmark menu) it would be nice if the menu didn't disappear. That's all for now. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #3
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: ehhh, did you know that the back arrow and the forward arrow disappeared? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Paul Email: pavel_holecekatatlasdotcz Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 beta 3 feedback Comments: There some bugs I've found and some features I miss. Saving tabs when Firefox closes doesn't work I don't know why. I have closed Firefox and saved opened tabs. I started Firefox again and nothing happened. I wasn't able to find it nowhere in bookmarks. I have turned off saving history. Maybe it's connected with it. Bookmarks I miss option "Don't show in location bar auto-complete". I have a few bookmarks that are ...

Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback #3
Name: juhana hänninen Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback Comments: this is THE best firefox version i've ever seen keep it going.. i'm telling only the truth as you asked. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; fi; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Boff Email: mwaboffatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: I like the layout of the toolbars, seems more high-techy, if you understand what I mean. The spell check thing is also much more helpful than in Firefox 2. However I literally just downloaded the beta and three things I quickly noticed off the bat: In your History, you cannot right click a folder (i.e. "Today" or "Yesterday") and press delete, you can delete individual sites, but not entire folders. Second thing, when I started typing in a URL, I ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: When doing the CTRL + F to find a word on the site, sometimes the bottom of the word stays in the search box after you delete the word, leaving little, sometimes annoying marks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 I dont like firefox 3 b 3 because there is no HOME button, there isnt even an option to put one in!!!! ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: ehhh, did you know that the back arrow and the forward arrow disappeared? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Web resources about - In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2 - mozilla.feedback

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox