How do I get Thunderbird to work from Firefox

Name:    Daniel Skidmore
Email:   djsmore_at_verizon.net
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
I have instaled Thunderbird three times and went thru the prosses to set
it up eveytime but still cannot find any way to acsess my mail. I like
the brouser Firefox but how do you acsess Firebird from there to read
mail? Is there a way to put a mail icon on the tool bar of Firefox to
get to my mail in Firebird? Can't find anything in all the help menues
or message boards to tell me how to do this. I don't want to go back to
using internet explorer but if your mail program won't work with your
brouser I have no other option but to go back to IE. HELP!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0
0
Daniel