Firefox 3 Beta 5 - Automatic addition of WWW to address bar

Name:    Sean Begley
Email:   sdotbegleyatvanderbiltdotedu
Product: Mozilla Suite

Comments:
I was trying to go to a website without a www prefix
(http://steampunkworkshop.com to be exact) and every time i typed in
"http://steampunkworkshop.com" it would be replaced with
"http://www.steampunkworkshop.com" which is, of course, not the correct
address.  This "feature" needs to be removed or perhaps only used if
there is no site found at the www-less address.

Sean

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Sean

Firefox 3 Beta 5, the address bar
Name: Zero Wang Email: cctvdotzeroatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5, the address bar Comments: i noticed that you have make the address bar smarter by trying to match the existing entries when typing in. but while the browsed address list is loading the typing is very difficult, becuse of the extended delay. after the browsed address list is loaded the experience is fine. hope you make some change on the address bar to address this issue. thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Fire...

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

Feedback for Firefox 3.5/3.1 Beta 3
Name: Kuldeep Kapade Email: kuldeepkapadeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback for Firefox 3.5/3.1 Beta 3 Comments: Please improve the default looks of the browser and increase the viewable area like Google Chrome. It is good to see that you are borrowing good points from the Chrome and it will be much better if we can see the handy-ness (appearance-wise) of Chrome in Firefox too. 'Personas' is a great add-on and please increase the view are in it too. It would be also great to see bottom status bar as optional and replace it with a sma...

Address bar, firefox 3.5 beta 4
Name: Fin Product: Firefox Summary: Address bar, firefox 3.5 beta 4 Comments: When I write an address into the address bar, I am used to being able to press 'enter' on my keyboard to start the loading. This doesn't work anymore. I don't really like that I have to start looking for that arrow next to the addressbar to get the page going, when I am so used to being able just to press 'enter'. Other than that, this beta seems good :) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nb-NO; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http:/...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 Feedback #3
Name: Anonymous Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 Feedback Comments: Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 5 has no bugs whatsoever, the only thing that you should do is ask for the makers of the add-ons and themes to update to be compatible with the Beta versions. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 Feedback #3
Name: Brad Email: bwadidassoccerpro8atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 Feedback Comments: I've been using Firefox 3 Beta 5 for roughly a week now and I've notice few things that it fell short on. When watching an .mpg or .mov I found that the video was always jerky on the beta, but I've never had such problems with Firefox 2 or 1.5. I reinstalled Quicktime just to make sure it wasn't the cause, but I still have jerky videos. I was also enjoying the stability of the Beta until tonight while I had Facebook and 2 other ent...

Firefox 3.5 beta feedback #3
Name: keshon ball Email: dakeshonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 beta feedback Comments: For the release of firefox 3.5, you can add more things to your homepage,let customers create a email with mozilla powered by gmail. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

firefox 3 beta 3 feedback #5
Name: satheesh kumar Email: harishkabishatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 beta 3 feedback Comments: I have previously been using firefox 2 and recently downloaded version 3 beta 3 and has been using both simultaneously. Ever since I installed the beta 3 version, whenever I use firefox browser (either version) and closed it, an error report is generated stating that firefox has encountered an error. When I was using firefox 2 alone, this problem wasn't there. May be this is specific to my machine or it is not, I don't know. Otherwise, the beta 3 ve...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 feedback #5
Name: Karan Kant Email: kantk2003at Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 feedback Comments: Overall, I am very impressed with this app. Some problems: Some java apps don't work (mostly games) Firefox sometimes crashes The 'restore session' setting seems to have dissapeared (Was it supposed to) Reccomendations: A transparent toolbar like IE in vista, it will look cool! Overall, it is a smooth transition from firefox 2 to 3 Keep it up! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/2.0.0.14;MEGAUPLOAD...

Firefox 3.5 beta 5 Feedback
Name: Joeffel Faelnar Email: joeffeldotfaelnaratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 beta 5 Feedback Comments: Awesome! This version is really great. So far, I have not encountered any bugs. In fact, I can't believe that this is still in beta testing. It's so stable. And in my honest opinion, it's even faster than Google Chrome, which is said to be the fastest browser yet. Great job guys! I love Mozilla! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Address bar resizing problem in Firefox 3.5 Beta 4
Name: Julia Product: Firefox Summary: Address bar resizing problem in Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 Comments: My address bar suddenly resized itself--the box to type in the URL basically disappeared. When I clicked the resize arrows to make the bar bigger, my mouse moved the entire window. After closing and restarting Firefox several times, I was finally able to bring the bar back. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a re...

Feedback re: Firefox 3.5 beta 4 (Title bar)
Name: Peter sert Email: davbar111atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback re: Firefox 3.5 beta 4 (Title bar) Comments: Good job. Works fine for me. HOWEVER, firefox is making a GRAVE mistake, having the title bar present, and making it NON-OPTIONAL to remove. I've used Firefox since 1.0, but recently switched to Google Chrome. They did away with an entirely useless Title bar. Doesn't anyone at Mozilla get this..? It is pointless- a complete WASTE of screen 'real estate' and incredibly unattractive. Have it as an option to remove.. your browser...

firefox 3.5 beta 4 : enter wont work on address bar
Name: bimo Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3.5 beta 4 : enter wont work on address bar Comments: pressing enter or Ctrl + enter doesnt make the addres go to that location on the Address bar, kindly clear this Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

feedback on Firefox 3.5 beta 4 #5
Name: Chet Hale Email: chet_haleatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: feedback on Firefox 3.5 beta 4 Comments: I noticed that a couple of my add-ons, including morning coffee do not work with the Beta. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3
Name: Chris Bloomfield Email: christopherdotbloomfieldatbtdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 - Address Bar Issue Comments: Maybe it's just me but why can't I see a dropdown of previously visited sites in my current session - I clear this data when closing the browser but not during it. The drop-down icon is there but it doesn't function as it does in Firefox 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Web resources about - Firefox 3 Beta 5 - Automatic addition of WWW to address bar - mozilla.feedback

Semi-automatic pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A semi-automatic pistol is a type of handgun which uses a single chamber and barrel , with a mechanism powered by the previous shot to load a ...

Man found carrying fully automatic sub-machinegun in Marrickville: police
A man has been caught with a sub-machinegun in his bag in Sydney's inner west, police say.

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
... is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time of day automatically, ...

Facebook Testing Automatic Translation?
Facebook appears to be experimenting with automatic translation , including the extension of that functionality to calls to action . Reader ...

Chris Christie vetoes automatic voter registration for no good reason
Literally as I was writing this post explaining why automatic voter registration does not open the door for voter fraud, Chris Christie vetoed ...

A second look at Australia's ban on semi-automatic weapons - Videos - CBS News
After a 1996 massacre in Australia left 35 people dead, the government banned semi-automatic firearms. Holly Williams went to Australia to see ...

'Alexa, where's my car?' Automatic syncs your vehicle with Amazon Echo
The connected car adapter is the latest product to craft an integration with Amazon's smart home speaker.

Chris Christie Vetoes Automatic Voter Registration Bill
... Monday that would have added 1.6 million new voters to the state’s rolls and made New Jersey the third state in the country to adopt automatic ...

Carry Guns: Semi-Automatic vs. Revolver
One is clearly better than the other! Argue which one.

This week in the war on voting: Chris Christie vetoes automatic registration bill
... have become the third state in the country to dramatically increase its voting base, and likely its voter participation, by adopting automatic ...