critical leak in security on firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0

Name:    Jimi
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Dear Sirs,

I saw that you created new version of firefox 2 so I have just tested
latest firefox 2.0.0.1. on the same problem that I had with firefox 2.

So, after browsing again this time with 2 opened tabs I was testing
switch proxy extension and than suddenly huge amount of data came on
my computer seemingly out of nowhere. I stopped activities by pusshing
stop loading this page icon on browser on both opened tabs although
only on one the page was loading (and it was this time one of yours
pages https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ since  tried to find out why few
minutes before firefox 2.0.0.1. just crashed ) and browser showed that
data as if nothing had happened until I eventually Quited the Firefox
2.0.0.1 application. I disconnected from internet. Later on I dialed
up at the same internet provider and repeated this with same proxy and
this time https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ loaded within a seconds
regularly as it does with other browsers (Firefox1509, Konqueror,
Opera etc)

I switched back to firefox 1509 and I hope you will this time take
this bug seriously and fix this security issue on firefox 2.0.0.1.
since I am sure that somebody most probably some of the Serb spies
from what they call Universities have found a security leek that
enabled him/her to enter to my computer and send data he/she have
chosen to.
0
Jimi

critical leak in security on firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0 #2
Name: Jimi Product: Firefox Summary: critical leak in security on firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0 Comments: Dear Sirs, I saw that you created new version of firefox 2 so I have just tested latest firefox 2.0.0.1. on the same problem that I had with firefox 2. So, after browsing again this time with 2 opened tabs I was testing switch proxy extension and than suddenly huge amount of data came on my computer seemingly out of nowhere. I stopped activities by pusshing stop loading this page icon on browser on both opened tabs although only on one the page was loading ...

I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1
Name: tsit chan Email: chantsitathkbndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1 Comments: 2.0.0.1 version allows minimized pages pop up when open multi- tabs in one page ,until this fixed i prefer 2.0.0.0 before any new release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails
Name: user - europe Product: Firefox Summary: Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails Comments: The online update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 indicates that a number of files could not be updated resp. installed, although I folowed your instruction and closed as many running applications as possible. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3
Name: ledatica Email: ledaticaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: OS - windows XP home edition with SP2 After installing Firefox version 2.0.0.3 I noticed that web page printing is out of order, when the xp user account is a limited account. I checked to see the print preview and that showed me only partial page displayed and only prints partial page. I logged back on as XP admin account and checked the same web page again. This time both the print preview and the actual printing came out exactly as the web...

updating 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2 is confusing at best.
Name: Raymond Gray Email: rcg123atoptonlinedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: updating 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2 is confusing at best. Comments: I tried a few times to find the upgrade at the Firefox web site but only found the complete 2.0.0.2 install file. then I used the HELP > Check for Updates and found, downloaded and installed the 2.0.0.2 update. When it was completed, I re-launched firefox and checked the ABOUT, which showed 2.0.0.2 Yet today I got a firefox notice that an update was available; checked ABOUT again and it's back to 2.0.0.1. This does not give me...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

stored passwords aber update from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2
Name: Stefan Junge Email: sjungeatimsasdotuni-bremen.de Product: Firefox Summary: stored passwords aber update from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2 Comments: stored passwords ist not working in v2.0.0.2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

Web resources about - critical leak in security on firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0 - mozilla.feedback

FBI Critical Incident Response Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
J. Edgar Hoover Building Northwest , Washington, D.C. The Critical Incident Response Group ( CIRG ) is a division of the Criminal, Cyber, Response, ...

One toddler dead and another critical after separate Sydney backyard pool incidents - DailyTelegraph ...
A MOTHER is grieving after losing her baby boy to a tragic backyard incident in Western Sydney yesterday.

Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google: 2016 will be critical for internet giants
Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google (sorry Alphabet): So popular were these stocks in 2015 that there was even an acronym for investing in them. ...

Google security researcher excoriates TrendMicro for critical AV defects
Antivirus provider TrendMicro has released an emergency product update that fixes critical defects that allow attackers to execute malicious ...

IDG Contributor Network: 6 critical updates for January Patch Tuesday
Microsoft has started the year with a truly unusual Patch Tuesday. There are nine updates for January, with six rated as critical and the remaining ...

Obama: Unions Are Critical For Workplace Fairness
'When union participation is down, workers have less leverage to get a raise'

Get critical darling Her Story cheap in this week's Humble Bundle
Finally, we're learning about her story. Oh, wait, that's Her Story . Your classics degrees aren't worthless yet. One of 2015's surprise hits ...

Actor Alan Rickman, A Critical And Financial Success, Dies at 69
Alan Rickman leaves a diverse body of work that many actors can only dream of, both critically and financially. He was an internationally renowned ...

Design Philosophy is Critical in Driving Breakthrough Innovation
It is now abundantly clear that incremental innovation only keep the Sharks away long enough to come up for air and that it takes breakthrough ...

CM Punk Bashes Critical UFC Fans, Calls Them ‘Butt Hurt’
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk is certainly no stranger to controversy, and, at this point, Punk is probably the most controversial, ...