"time out" in loading & "new message prompt"

Name:    jason
Email:   jasonhatuarcdotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Howdy,

I love Firefox but have two small problems.

Sometimes, when wireless is less than ideal, I have to wait more for
uncomfortable periods of time for a page to load.  Well ... I'll often
get the "problem loading page" even though I'm willing to wait a bit
longer.  How do I change this?

Second, when I'm in another tab or working in another program, Firefox
will demand my attention any time a new message is sent to my open
e-mail client.  Is there a way to disable this quick-switch-to-Firefox
deal?

Ultimately, what I hope to get across is that Firefox is awesome but I
have experienced multiple scenarios where I wish I could change a
feature but was unable to figure out how.

Thanks!

jason

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1
0
jason

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

RFE: for "%%" becoming to "&&" as "//" is to "||"; the "defined(x) && expr" operator...
In looking at the 5.10 perl5op doc's, I was thinking about the "//" operator and how in an expression "a // b" it tests 'definedness' the left-hand-side and returns it if it is defined, otherwise, it returns the right hand side. The idea being that you might normally use "||" but if the 'lhs' could be integer '0', it wouldn't work as desired. I think it could be useful to provide an equivalent operator for '&&', say '%%', that tests 'defined(lhs)' and if true, returns the 2nd part (rig...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Distinguish "To:" from "Cc:" &/or "Bcc:" ? ????
When sending an email, is there any way for recipient to know that his address was in: 1. "To:" or 2. "Cc:" or 3. "Bcc:" field? Richard Owlett wrote: > When sending an email, is there any way for recipient to know > that his address was in: > 1. "To:" > or > 2. "Cc:" > or > 3. "Bcc:" > field? Yes. If it is in TO: or CC: it will show in the headers. Plainly visible. If it is in BCC: it will not show at all -- but then of course he'll...

Sometimes "~/" and other times "../" Why?
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. I have found that sometimes when I reference files (in aspx pages or vb pages) on the site from within subfolders, all I have to do to designate the path is say, "~/images/test.jpg" which I assume says "Go to the root directory, then to the images folder."  Other times I have to use "../images/test.jpg" to make it work (go up one level from this subfolder, then got to the images subfolder."  Why doesn't the "~/" convention work all the time?  Thanks for the help.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News...

replace the "." with a ","

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

Using "+" or "||"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Using" or "With"

"To" and "From" missing

Web resources about - "time out" in loading & "new message prompt" - mozilla.feedback