won't work with sbcglobal.net (AT&T)

Name:    Joe Theuerkauf
Email:   jtheuerkaufatjunodotcom
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
I've tried everything I can think of and I'm no slouch at pc's, but
Thunderbird does not want to work with my sbcglobal.net mail. I have set
the exact settings to what my windows mail uses and I still can't access
mail with Thunderbird. I love this mail program's features but it won't
work. Do I need to do something with my router. I also use Windows Vista
and XP on my pc's.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Joe
10/11/2008 7:42:29 PM
mozilla.feedback.thunderbird 6443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input
Name: John Email: LoveLearnatcableonedotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input - won't work Comments: I've been using Mozilla Mail for more than a decade, dating to early Netscape versions, using the "Search Messages" function regularly. Now, having installed Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, that functionality is suddenly lost. It doesn't display a box into which search strings may be entered, and doesn't appear to offer choice of searching message bodies. This is a huge loss to me. Will reinst...

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

Extension Uninstaller won't work and won't uninstall itself
I have a complicated profile that I don't want to have to recreate. I'm using SM 1.0.5, and I want to uninstall all of the extensions that I've installed that don't come from Mozilla. These are my current extensions: Chatzilla 0.9.67+ Extension Manager 2.0 Extension Uninstaller API 2.0 FlashGot 0.5.9.995 NoScript 1.1.4.1 reporter.mozilla.org Roaming I want to uninstall Flashgot, Noscript, the Extension Manager and the Extension Uninstaller API; however, the Extension Manager doesn't work; it won't uninstall either Flashgot nor Noscript, and I don&...

Help - Can't log on to News server - it won't accept account name & password
I am new to Thunderbird have just arrived from Outlook express. I have a problem reading news groups as I cannot log on to my news server. "randori news" - news.randori.com The server will not accept my account name and password which are correct exactly same as in outlook express which does allow a connection. I can connect to this group via the mozilla news server help please Peter Jay Peter J wrote: > I am new to Thunderbird have just arrived from Outlook express. > > I have a problem reading news groups as I cannot log on to my new...

portal.nlm won't load, so remote manager won't work...
Can't get any joy out of RM. This is on a 6.5 server with SP2 installed (though it says 5.7 SP1 at the end of boot...). Non-default stuff applied is MySQL and Veritas Backup Exec. Looking at the diocs it says portal.nlm must be loaded, but this isn't loading, saying it's UNRESOLVED I reordered the autoexec.ncf as per TID 10082078 Same thing happens on http-8008 or https-8009. Apache is working okay, I can get the basic server web welcome page. Any clues as to how I can get portal.nlm to load? Thanks, Pete. -- Peter Clinch Medical Physic...

User Control Question: Button Onclick Event won't work (won't fire)
Hi all, I create a webusercontrol and load it to home page dynamicly using Place Holder . However, the Button Onclick Event won't work (won't fire) in my Web user Control. Here are the codes. Partial Class test2 Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl Protected Sub btn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn.Click End Sub End Class  ************************************ I set break point to (Protected Sub btn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn.Click). Can anyone tell me whats going wrong with my code? Thanks a lot! ...

Thunderbird won't store passwords, won't quit checking every 10 minutes.
This has happened before with the Mozilla Suite, and I hoped Thunderbird would solve the problem. I have unchecked the box (Tools/Account Settings/) to check mail and have even tried setting it to 120 minutes. It still keeps asking for a password every 10 minutes or so. There are no passwords stored for any POP accounts, only SMTP. -- Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged Tools by Steve Bottorff www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com Remove REMOVE from address when replying Steve B. wrote: > This has happened before with the Mozilla Suite, and I hoped...

1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work
Name: Emmanuel Amodeo Email: emmanueldotamodeoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work Comments: Hi, pages often won't finish loading. I have had this recurring problem with FF 3.5 ever since the official release of the program. A page will show that it is loading, and will not show anything onscreen until I chose to reload the page (select the adress in the adress bar and just press enter for reload). Once I tell the program to reload, it will show the page pretty much instantly. If I chose to let ...

Smart Tags won't open and some Intellisense won't fully work after installing LINQ CTP
I have installed the latest LINQ CTP.Some of the Intellisense stopped working. For example, writing:List<int> l=new with a space in the end, generally gives me a list of items, and List<int> is selected by default so I can press tab and get it written. After Installing LINQ it seems to be gone... Means no Intellisense is given. Only when hitting Ctrl+Space the list is shown but the default option is not selected.Another thing, when a smart tag is appears I'm unable to open it, hovering the small line expands the icon, but clicking the icon does nothing. Tried to hit Shift+Alt...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

Why I can't or won't use T-bird
Name: John Colman Email: cdbookieatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Why I can't or won't use T-bird Comments: It is late at night, I'm frustrated. I've spent hours over the past three days trying to get Thunderbird to run. As you can see I have a Yahoo account using Outlook (mine is getting buggy) for e-mail. I'm a confirmed Firefox user, so T-bird seemed the next step. I've use YPOP and webmail. Can't seem to get through the username/password screen. I've searched your faq's, read the tutorial. I'm really not a stupid p...

Firefox won't load; can't get it to work!
Name: Robbie Email: torocityatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't load; can't get it to work! Comments: I'm running Windows 7, and I can't get Firefox 3.6 to work. I get the following message when I try to run it: We're sorry. Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report. I've tried to reinstall, to run in Safe Mode, and to do the dozens of things suggested on the Internet, but I can't run Firefo...

Hauppauge WInTV Nova-T-Lite (DVB-T USB-Stick) won't work
Hi, I'm trying to get the DVB device called -Hauppauge WInTV Nova-T-Lite- to work with openSuse 10.3. I copied the firmware from 'here (dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw) ' (http://tinyurl.com/2g5mnn) to /lib/firmware/ (is that correct?). lsusb says: ... Bus 003 Device 003: ID 2040:7070 Hauppauge ... But dmesg | grep dvb says nothing. Does anyone know if my Kernel (2.6.22) already has the appropriate drivers for the DVB-Stick WinTV Nova-T-Lite? Or do I need to compile as it is described at the 'LinuxTV-Howto (Case 2)' (http://tinyurl.com/yo7cn7)? Or is there a ...

Web resources about - won't work with sbcglobal.net (AT&T) - mozilla.feedback.thunderbird