update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email

Name:    martha
Email:   mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know
what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is
in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It
is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to
get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have
rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the forum, and
this didn't help. This is serious.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
martha
7/27/2008 1:29:09 PM
mozilla.feedback.thunderbird 6443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

Can't get through init 3 from init 5 and can't get through init 5 from init 3.
I tried opensuse 12.1 Gm today. Installation was perfect with xfce 4.8 until I tried installing the nvidia driver. In runlevel 5 as superuser I tried to shift to runlevel 3 and was welcome with a black screen, I have to use ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. During the reboot I used runlevel 3 and I was able to install the nvidia driver. After the nvidia driver installation I tried to shift to runlevel 5 and there, I was welcome with a black screen with a stationary blinking x cursor. I rebooted once again wiith runlevel 5 to get the gui. Any one had seen this happened? This installation is...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Can't get around this problem, Can't load
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/5bin.sun4/perl: fatal: relocation error: file /home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: symbol Perl_no_modify: referenced symbol not found at /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 206, <BOM> line 5362. at (eval 1) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 3, <BOM> line 536...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird
Name: dave jones Email: dkj1969_at_gmail.com Product: Thunderbird Summary: update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird Comments: First of all, I'm not sure this is the correct place to send this. I checked the FAQ and didn't find an answer to my question/problem so here I am. I got a message tonight that there were updates. I told it to go ahead, it was supposedly done. I then tried to open Thunderbird - I get an error message "A previous install did not complete. finishing install. It has been saying that for the past 10 minutes ...

Update FUBAR'ed, can't get thunderbird to open
I've never had issues with tbird before... but this is ridiculous. I'm on XP for what it's worth. Last night, my system told me that tbird had downloaded a new update, and needed to install it. I told it to go ahead, and then it told me there was an error, to make sure that I had permissions to update files, close programs, and reopen thunderbird. I clicked okay... and was stuck in this same loop over and over until I tried to kill the process. This morning I dl'ed the newest version, tried to install over the top, no dice. Errors and says that a prior install di...

Can't boot, can't update
I have upgraded from SuSE version 11.3 (which worked well) using zypper dup. Unfortunately, an earlier post regarding resolution of a CPU crash during boot turned out to be premature, as it is now intermittent. When booting, the system: (1) UDV reports a CPU crash (on-screen dump) (2) if the computer is reset (turned off, then on again), it will eventually either boot up normally (rare) or display a screen with a very wrong resolution setting. Repeatedly rebooting will eventually tease the system into normal operation, but it usually takes several attempts. Several Grub parame...

Debian Woody, two problems: can't get kppp to work and can't su in X
Hello, I have Debian Woody installed on this Dell i8100 laptop via Libranet 2.0. I have two hurdles left that I can't seem to overcome. 1. I can't get kppp to work. I always get the following error message: Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so. Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.) Exit Status From 'man pppd': 1 An immediately f...

Just updated foxfire and now I can't get my email
Name: Don Carl Product: Firefox Summary: Just updated foxfire and now I can't get my email Comments: I used to go to tools and get email. I don't see it in the updated foxfire version. I think someone did a very stupid change. I guess I will now have to go back to using microsoft browser signed: "Sorry I took your upgrade" Don Carl Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 Hi you can bring back this Emailicon via Extensions like Get Mail https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3591/ Do...

Web resources about - update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email - mozilla.feedback.thunderbird