National characters

Name:    Mats Lundström
Email:   matsdotlundstromatbredbanddotnet
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
I've searched for any kind of help on "national characters in e-mail
addresses", but have only got results conserning character coding within
the message itself...

The thing is that I have registered a web address with a national
character, and of course want to use e-mail with it.

Thunderbird refuses to register an e-mail account with character other
then a-z, 0-9, "_", "-" a.s.o., i.e. no national...

In Sweden and Norway the following characters are legal in web and
e-mail addresses:

Link: http://www.iis.se/docs/teckentabell-03.pdf

Isn't it a good idea to go international completly with the Mozilla
concept and include the full character set all over ?

I'm not done preparing the stuff for the homepage in mind yet, but it
would be nice to include "it" in the e-mail addresses and use it in
Thunderbird when I'm done...

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Mats
8/24/2008 12:08:47 PM
mozilla.feedback.thunderbird 6443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[thunderbird-feedback] thunderbird filter menu options extension request
Hello Thunderbird-developers, My mail system was netscape 4.79 with SUSE-Linux and was updated to thunderbird 2.0.0.12 with WinXP due to network problems on my new notebook. I will switch back to linux as soon as my network problems with linux get fixed. I am missing the possibility to page up or down a predefined number of filter list entries. At the moment I have to manually click through every single filter list item when repositioning a filter setup for grouping filters in a convenient overall look and feel, repositioning filter items that belong to one another to be setu...

Feedback on feedback

Thunderbird feedback
Name: George Sexton Email: gsextonatmhsoftwaredotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thunderbird feedback Comments: Here are some issues I've noticed using Thunderbird: *************************** In the message search function, you can search by Sender, or To/Subject but not To or sender. Say I'm looking at messages to a customer, I can't see the thread. Only 1/2 of it. Saved search does this but it's non-intuitive. *************************** Another problem is say I want to attach a screen shot. If your default composition is plain text and not HTML...

Thunderbird Feedback
Here are some issues I've noticed using Thunderbird: *************************** In the message search function, you can search by Sender, or To/Subject but not To or sender. Say I'm looking at messages to a customer, I can't see the thread. Only 1/2 of it. Saved search does this but it's non-intuitive. *************************** Another problem is say I want to attach a screen shot. If your default composition is plain text and not HTML it's very difficult. I can't copy and paste it. I have to save the screen shot as a file so that I can attac...

Thunderbird to Thunderbird
Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with a fresh install of thunderbird? Thank you! zparky wrote: > Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do > I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with > a fresh install of thunderbird? > Thank you! Find your profile folder on the old drive. (This will help you find it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird Use the instructions for Vista if you are...

Character set UTF8 does not give me the national characters of Norway on second try.
Hello. I have a database with, among other tables, a table with Adresses of Norway. When migrated first time to a another database with many tables, it worked perfect and in this database, the national characters is ok in the grid. Then I migrated it also to a database with a single table, the Adress table only and handed the data over by Datapump, then the national characters are all wrong, even if the character set is UTF8 in both source and target. That is, in the grid they are wrong, but if I look into the table from Database Workbench, they look ok. I can't figure out ...

[thunderbird-feedback] thunderbird extended mail options request via signature config file
Hello Thunderbird-developers, what I already think is a good solution is being able to have more than one email-alias to choose from when composing an outgoing email. At the moment I also miss the ability to define more than one equal outgoing email account with the same outgoing smtp mail server and password accounting information. I won't be able to serve with an example for this request though. What I also miss is the possibility to have different signatures depending on different originating and destination email addresses or mass email recipients in my address boo...

[thunderbird-feedback] Missing config options in Popup Offline mode and installing available thunderbird updates
Hello Thunderbird-developers, it's me again, with another options wish: 1. Thunderbird config option offline mode: What's already there: Extended (german "erweitert") > network and memory > "Offline mode" config * remember previous online/offline mode * ask, if I want to work online * always start in online mode Missing button option, that I need: * always start in offline mode Missing button options for completeness: * ask, if I want to work offline * always...

Please ignore earlier error feedback message sent via thunderbird crash feedback function (sorry, already forgot name of that subprogram)
Name: vic rhoads Email: varhoadsatrcndotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Please ignore earlier error feedback message sent via thunderbird crash feedback function (sorry, already forgot name of that subprogram) Comments: I got everything fixed as good as new after more extensive transferring of old user profiles to new Thunderbird install. Ignore earlier (approx 30 minutes ago) error comments via "feedback agent" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Problem with national characters
Hello, I applied sp6 to my nw5.1 server. After that when I create files with one special polish national character and pres enter it is automatically converted into backslash. This resuls that the file is unaccessable. I cannot rename, delete and copy sucha file. The same operation made on local hard drive at the station does not give such strange result. Also for other national characters everything is correct. What may be the reason for this ? Tomasz Viscardi I bet this is happening on an NSS volume. Apply nss5q.exe . It won't fix existing files but will sto...

Indy and national characters
Previously I used C++Builder6 and "Fastnet SMTP" in a program to send mail. It worked as a dream :-) Now I'm using C++Builder 2009 and Indy (Fastnet is no longer on the market) and I have some problems with national characters (Danish). I use following code: Message->ContentType = "text/plain; UTF-8"; (Also tried ISO-8859-1) Message->ContentTransferEncoding = "base64"; Message->Encoding = meDefault; (Tried them all) Message->Subject = "æøå"; Message->Body = "æøå"; The Danish ...

National character in surname
My client is using national characters in surname in eDirectory. He wants his groupwise GWIA to accept email in format FirstName.LastName@domain.com. Unfortunatelly users with polish character in lastname are not finded in Groupwise system. Is it possible to make rule changing national character to acceptible by groupwise, or making synchronization from eDir to Groupwise without polish character. Thank you for your help. Adam Balakier wrote: > My client is using national characters in surname in eDirectory. He wants > his groupwise GWIA to accept email in format Firs...

National characters in filenames
Im running a netware server 5.0 with SP6a.NSS.NLM is dated Aug. 21 2000 Can I run the NSS.NLM from 5.1 service pack. or do i have to upgrade the server to 5.1 to solve the problem. You can /try/ but its not supported -- you should do a backup of your volume before trying that just to be on the safe side ... -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

national characters displaying..?
I'm using OpenSuse 11.3, and I installed oracle into it.. I've read previously that linux uses UTF-8, but.. 'locale' gives me result: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.U...

Web resources about - National characters - mozilla.feedback.thunderbird

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Borat outs Donald Trump as a Sacha Baron Cohen character on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
When is a parody a parody too far? When it's Donald Trump, of course.

New ‘Star Wars’ teaser: Rey is the strong female character we were looking for
With less than two weeks to go until the movie everyone is waiting for will hit theaters, more information about the new story and characters ...

7 Characters You'll Meet in a Zumba Class
I could probably write a whole book about the different characters in a Zumba class, but I'll just start with this post. As most of my close ...

This AI can draw alphabet characters as well as a human
... we use for imagination, explanation, and acting. But now, a team of researchers has developed an AI that they say can learn handwritten characters ...

The Top 10 Worst Characters On TV, According To Fans
With so much great television on at the moment, you have to have some really captivating characters to differentiate yourself from the plethora ...

Uncharted 4 director responds to character racial swap
"I stand by that 110 percent and I wouldn't change anything."

A HUGE Announcement Was Just Made About A Major ‘Star Wars’ Character
A HUGE Announcement Was Just Made About A Major ‘Star Wars’ Character

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution announced, the first new character is Street Fighter's Akuma
... at The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2015’s grand finals. Fated Retribution will be released first in arcades, and will include new characters, ...

Bizarre Ancient Horned Mammal Named After A Star Wars Character
Paleontologists name a new species of extinct horned mammal after a Star Wars character known for her interesting headwear.