Feedback

Name:    Margaret McKnight
Email:   margatmargsdesignsdotcom
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
I've been trying out Thunderbird for the last few weeks. I've found it
to be a wonderful alternative to the more commonly used email clients,
such as Outlook Express. It's much better than Outlook Express. I just
have a few suggestions that would make it more effective from my experience.

To begin with, I have also used IncrediMail. One thing I have really
liked about IncrediMail is the way the spam is handled. Currently, every
message received that is not from a source that is in your address box
is dumped directly into a "junk" folder. Then a "verification" process
is run on those messages. In the process of "verification" the messages
that are considered to be "junk" are labeled with a "red" marker (like
the do not smoke sign). The messages that are considered to be
"authentic" messages are marked with "green check marks". I love the way
this is done. When I go in to review the junk folder I can quickly
identify any message that may be authentic and check them for
authenticity. I've never found a message marked as "junk" in that folder
that was not junk, so this has worked really well for me.

The way Thunderbird currently works is to put everything in the "inbox"
that is not marked as junk. In most cases, a LOT of that is actually
junk, and I still spend a lot of time sorting through it for the
"authentic" messages from senders in my address box. I would really
prefer the method IncrediMail uses, since I don't have to sort through
my inbox and never have the risk of mistakenly deleting a message from a
sender who is already in my address book.

One other suggestion I have is to have a button to click to "clear" the
contents of the junk folder once I've gone through it. I'm a bit of a
neat freak and don't like keeping clutter in any of my folders. Any
content in the folders will use up resources from my system that I would
prefer to keep free for more productive use. If anyone feels
uncomfortable with a one-click button to empty out the "junk" folder,
then they would have the option to just not use it, but the rest of us
who really would use it would have that benefit of quick action.

One other suggestion I have is regarding the "signature". I currently
use a signature method that allows me to put a graphic of my handwritten
signature in the file with my text portion (it makes my signature look
like what you would see on a paper letter). I also have the option to
use variable fonts to design the signature to look the way I want it.
Currently, Thunderbird only allows a "plain text" signature option. It's
just not as personal or professional as I would prefer for my needs to
both my clients and personal email recipients.

One thing I really love about your program is the way the "attachments"
are listed on the right of the address window when in the "write"
window. It's so easy to see the list of attachments without having to
scroll through a horizontal list. The only suggestion I would have is to
show us the size of the files we've attached. Sometimes I have to attach
large files and I will know whether I need to send some of the files in
separate email if they are too big.

Overall I love what you've done with Thunderbird. I used an earlier
version a few years ago, and wasn't able to consider the program then
due to it's lack of features and functionality. Now it's remarkable how
far it's come. If these few suggestions could be implemented, then I
would prefer it as my main email client. The only thing stopping me
right now is the lack of these features (which I use all the time in my
other email client). I'm currently using IncrediMail due to it's more
efficient management of "junk", the ability to design my signature with
a graphic of my handwritten signature, and the option of a "one-click"
emptying of the "junk" folder directly from within that folder. The rest
of the features I like are ones you already have. I don't use
IncrediMail due to the graphic stationery it offers. That's fun, but
it's not what makes it my choice right now. My concern with their
program is that it's very "fat" and distributes bits and pieces all over
my system and is very hard to clean out. It also uses up a lot of
resources, and when it's checking for incoming messages, or sending
messages, the system slows down. I would prefer an email client that did
not litter my computer system so much and tax its resources so much.

I'll keep checking the updates to Thunderbird. Currently I have
Thunderbird 2 installed. If you can bring it to the level I've suggested
above, then it's a sure winner for me and I'll be able to get rid of
IncrediMail forever.

I appreciate the opportunity to comment.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
0
Margaret
2/25/2008 11:27:49 PM
mozilla.feedback.thunderbird 6443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Feedback on feedback

Feedback and Feedback Problem
Name: Peter Lehner Email: lehnerus2000atyahoodotcomdotau Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback and Feedback Problem Comments: Hi Guys I wanted to send some feedback on Firefox 4, but I was directed to a page that said Forbidden (403). Feedback You should include more nfo in the screen tips. e.g. Ctrl+Reload - duplicate a Tab Ctrl+Back - opens previous page in a new Tab Ctrl+Forward - opens "next" page in a new Tab etc. I only discovered these, by accident, a few months ago. It would only be an extra line in a screen tip. Peter Lehner ...

Feedback on feedback mechanism
Name: Robin Wylie Email: robindotwylieatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback on feedback mechanism Comments: It might be nice if clicking the "send feedback" bookmarklet didn't take you away from the page you're currently on? Maybe a new window might be better. Or a javascript based new window might be a better way of doing it. Just so the user doesn't lose the page they were on when they decided to give feedback - apart from anything else, there might be important info on that page's rendering that they may want to look at while they'...

Feedback about the feedbacking language..
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback about the feedbacking language.. Comments: I use the Hebrew version of firefox, and whenever I report a broken site, phishing & etc, it asks me to write the report in Hebrew, and probably sends it to the Hebrew support center or whatever. Frankly, I don't trust the Hebrew language for such stuff, so I post it in English, but the report is probably still sent to the Hebrew team (And I believe they can't do anything with it). Can u please let us select the language of the report we're sending? btw there's no racism ...

You have feedback at feedback.com
Name: Feedback.com Product: Firefox Summary: You have feedback at feedback.com Comments: People are using feedback.com for giving feedback to your organization. http://feedback.com/view-feedback-r.php?eid=20 Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009082707 Firefox/3.0.14 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Thunderbird Feedback
Here are some issues I've noticed using Thunderbird: *************************** In the message search function, you can search by Sender, or To/Subject but not To or sender. Say I'm looking at messages to a customer, I can't see the thread. Only 1/2 of it. Saved search does this but it's non-intuitive. *************************** Another problem is say I want to attach a screen shot. If your default composition is plain text and not HTML it's very difficult. I can't copy and paste it. I have to save the screen shot as a file so that I can attac...

Thunderbird feedback
Name: George Sexton Email: gsextonatmhsoftwaredotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thunderbird feedback Comments: Here are some issues I've noticed using Thunderbird: *************************** In the message search function, you can search by Sender, or To/Subject but not To or sender. Say I'm looking at messages to a customer, I can't see the thread. Only 1/2 of it. Saved search does this but it's non-intuitive. *************************** Another problem is say I want to attach a screen shot. If your default composition is plain text and not HTML...

Feedback Agent does not want to feedback
This problem has existed from 1.5.03 through 1.5.04 and is still a problem on my 1.5.05 installation. Browser crashes. Feedback Agent loads when browser next loads - shows 1 item in the queue but when trying to send the incident it pops an error message --------------------------- Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent --------------------------- The Agent is unable to connect to the server. Please check your Proxy Server settings or try again later. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Proxy settings are fine and I can connect to any other site. Any ideas...

Please ignore earlier error feedback message sent via thunderbird crash feedback function (sorry, already forgot name of that subprogram)
Name: vic rhoads Email: varhoadsatrcndotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Please ignore earlier error feedback message sent via thunderbird crash feedback function (sorry, already forgot name of that subprogram) Comments: I got everything fixed as good as new after more extensive transferring of old user profiles to new Thunderbird install. Ignore earlier (approx 30 minutes ago) error comments via "feedback agent" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

feedback
Name: meow Email: beaucoup1000atyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: feedback Comments: It's like firefox 2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b1) Gecko/2007110904 Firefox/3.0b1 ...

feedback
Name: Noah Email: noahm52atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: feedback Comments: Theres nothing to say but thank you for creating this. I currently do not, and have never had a virus guard like Norton or McAfee nor have I ever had a spy ware protection. And have never had a problem. Keep up the good wrk. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

feedback
Name: milton Email: Milton745_at_yahoo.com Product: Bon Echo Summary: feedback Comments: this is great Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

feedback
Hi All, We were very excited to find persona, and we quickly integrated it with our site. We really liked the privacy protections and the slick integration from both the user and the developer's perspective. However, after testing it for two months, we are having to discontinue persona support. I just wanted to provide some constructive feedback as to why we are, at least for now, removing persona from our project. I hope these issues are resolved at some point so that we can again use persona. We removed persona for three reasons, in descending importance: 1. Users were oft...

Web resources about - Feedback - mozilla.feedback.thunderbird

Newest Facebook Messenger For IOS Update Includes Feedback
... applications are coming fast and furious. Monday, Facebook announced an update to its Messenger for iOS devices that lets users give feedback ...

Thanks For Your Feedback
... Use Policy, Statement of Rights and Responsibilities Take Effect by Erin Egan, Chief Privacy Officer, Policy Thank you for providing feedback ...

Using Feedback to Shape Distribution

Facebook asks users for feedback on News Feed, On This Day feature
Facebook constantly wants to know how users feel about features. AllFacebook recently noticed that Facebook is polling users on their News Feed ...

Taxi industry’s epic social media fail in request for passenger feedback - HeraldSun Search Search
IT is being dubbed a social media disaster — the taxi industry has been given #epicfail for asking taxi passengers to tell the industry about ...

‘Minecraft’ dev announces 'Realms' price drop and free trials, Minecraft amiibo feedback heard by dev ...
Mojang has released a new and reduced price tag to the “Minecraft Realms.”

Site Issues and Feedback

How to stop Windows 10 asking you to give feedback
... One of these aside from the need to download gigantic updates from time to time is that Windows 10 will constantly pester you for feedback ...