    From: me
    To: doofus
    Sent: 01/01/2008 9:00:00 AM -0600
    Subject: Big Tub of Goo

Certain military contractors and attorneys with whom I correspond insist
that reply headers like above are required for audit trails. Messages
that I've sent to them are either bounced or unanswered.

Thunderbird does not seem to have a multiple-line reply header in its
options for a reply message. In my mind, this is a glaring omission
because this functionality exists in its "forward" message capability,
but not for "reply". This is driving me crazy, and there seems to be a
fair amount of unresolved debate regarding this issue.

The user.js tweak is single-line, doesn't include enough fields, and the
full "mailnews.reply_header_..." options aren't documented anywhere that
I can find. I tried using a few extensions to achieve this end, and the
only one that sort of works is "ResetQuoteHeader-0.4.3". I stumbled
across this on some Italian site - the developer doesn't seem to be
involved in the Thunderbird community anymore, and header formatting can
be skewed depending upon the recipient's mail client.

Is this slated for inclusion in the next release, or is there a better
method to get this to work with solid formatting?

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Tony
7/10/2008 4:25:29 PM
mozilla.feedback.thunderbird 6443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

about the "back" and "forward"
Name: Elvin Email: ongchingshunatyahoodotcom Product: Minefield Summary: about the "back" and "forward" Comments: can you add the "back" and "forward" system so i can back to my previous page Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:2.0a1pre) Gecko/2008032202 Minefield/4.0a1pre From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minefield/ ...

replace the "." with a ","

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

"To" and "From" missing

Close original after "reply" or "forward"?
This question was posted by someone a year ago, but was misunderstood. I'll try it. When using T-bird: After double-clicking on an email, it will open it in another window. If you click the "reply" button (or reply all or forward buttons) ANOTHER window opens in which you type and send your reply. After it is sent, the original email is still sitting there, and now must be closed or left to clutter the taskbar. In Outlook or OE, double-clicking an email will also open it in a new window. But if you hit "reply" (or reply all or forward), it does NOT open...

HotMail "forwards" and "replys" are all buggered up!
Name: TAB Email: tabrennan_at_hotmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: HotMail "forwards" and "replys" are all buggered up! Comments: see above Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6 ...

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

Web resources about - "Reply" headers similar to "Forward" headers - mozilla.feedback.thunderbird