won't close, then won't re-open

Name:    Murray
Product: Firefox

Comments:
For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running
in the background, but then wouldn't reopen.  I went online looking for a
solution, but you don't have one.  So.  Bye bye.  I'm done with you.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Murray

Murray"
> For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running
> in the background, but then wouldn't reopen.  I went online looking for a
> solution, but you don't have one.  So.  Bye bye.  I'm done with you.
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064
> Safari/532.5
> From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
>
> Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback
> but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to
> see it.

Goodbye, because without an email address you are unlikely to see an
answer even if someone does answer you here.    The solution to your
problem is to install the following extension:   "QuickRestart".

0
David

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin
Name: Scott Coppersmith Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin Comments: Firefox 3 beta 4 "forgets" that the flash plugin is installed and when it tries to autoinstall I get the error "install-977..rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist" It started doing this with Beta 3 after I installed the DownloadHelper add-on. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Firefox won't open and doesn't respond
Name: Victoria S Email: emitoriaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't open and doesn't respond Comments: I downloaded Firefox Beta version. Whenever I try to open Firefox, it does not open. I know I did not uninstall it, or move the program file, but after one time when I had several tabs open, Firefox continued to not respond, and eventually, I had to turn it off. However the nest time I tried to open Firefox, it did not open. No dialog box confirming error, or crash Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; e...

Gmail won't load, Reader won't open new tabs
I'm running FF 2.0 on an Intel Mac (10.4.8) with all security and java updates installed. I cannot load into GMail - when I try, the statusbar shows all the data has been transfered and reads done, while the window reads the proper "Gmail - Inbox (x)." I run several Google-related add-ons, including CustomizeGoogle, the Google Toolbar, and GMail skins. I also run NoScript and AdBlock Plus. Google is allowed in the former, and whitelisted in the latter. When I forbid google from running scripts, I can access basic view. This problem *does not happen* in Safari or Shiira - ...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Won't release memory when it closes, grabs more and more memory. Won't restore sessions.
Name: Allen Whipps Email: whippsaatgvsudotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Won't release memory when it closes, grabs more and more memory. Won't restore sessions. Comments: I close it but during shut-down the PC still says it is running. I look in Task List after closing Firefox and it is still using memory. It seems to grab more and more memory. It has done this since 3.5, maybe before. Going to 3.5.3 did not fix it. I've tried making various web sites home, including a simple one but it acts the same. I like Firefox but it is so slllooowwww now. Operating ...

External links won't open if Firefox isn't running
When Firefox is not running and I click on a link in an email or on my desktop or quicklaunch toolbar, Firefox will open, but the tab is blank--it does not open the web page associated with the link. What setting must I change or what fix is there so this works like Firefox 2.0 did? On Jan 26, 10:31=A0pm, dan...@charter.net wrote: > When Firefox is not running and I click on a link in an email or on my > desktop or quicklaunch toolbar, Firefox will open, but the tab is > blank--it does not open the web page associated with the link. What > setting must I change or what fi...

Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back
Name: Jean Everett Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back Comments: Not sure if I'm sending this to the right place, but all other options were far too confusing and time-consuming for me to work with (I'm a botanist, not a computer (insert polite word for geek). I maintain very simple Netscape Composer webpages for the courses I teach (here's one: http://www.cofc.edu/~everettj/BIOL301.html. The image banners at the top often don't display in Firefox. I can get them in Internet Explorer,...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

Smart Tags won't open and some Intellisense won't fully work after installing LINQ CTP
I have installed the latest LINQ CTP.Some of the Intellisense stopped working. For example, writing:List<int> l=new with a space in the end, generally gives me a list of items, and List<int> is selected by default so I can press tab and get it written. After Installing LINQ it seems to be gone... Means no Intellisense is given. Only when hitting Ctrl+Space the list is shown but the default option is not selected.Another thing, when a smart tag is appears I'm unable to open it, hovering the small line expands the icon, but clicking the icon does nothing. Tried to hit Shift+Alt...

Won't run, won't quit...
Firefox won't open a page, it also won't completely quite. Task manager says that it's still running, and cannot close it. I left for about four weeks, and when I come back; this! I cannot end whatever part of firefox.exe is still running. IE works fine, but firefox will not find any page whatsoever. HELP? Yep. Even tried installing the latest version. Wouldn't work; it said the firefoxe.exe was still running, and I still could not close it. Matter of fact, it's "running" right now. I'm at a total loss here. There is no "uninstall"...

pop-under won't close, then every time I open FireFox i'm back where I started
Name: g hart Email: gahartatixdotnetcomdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: pop-under won't close, then every time I open FireFox i'm back where I started Comments: Follow-up to my missive of five minutes ago. I just closed a pop-under using ctrl-alt-delete because the obnoxious page could not be closed without clicking on another annoying pop-up to confirm my desire to leave. Firefox should honor my original request and allow me to control my computer, and not let a purveyor of annoying advertising garbage over the Internet have more control than I. Even worse I now f...

Web resources about - won't close, then won't re-open - mozilla.feedback.firefox