windows won't close with firefox 3.5

Name:    Bruce
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I cannot find in the known issues the "close window" problem with
Firefox 3.5?  The only way to close firefox 3.5.1 is to use the menu
(File\Exit).  All other methods fail.  This has made firefox almost
unusable.  Can't believe the code could be released with such a major
bug. Very sorry that I upgraded to 3.5

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Bruce

Not sure it is quite the same problem.  I can close Firefox 3.5 by
clicking on the X in the upper right hand of the window.  However, the
firefox.exe continued to run until I closed it from the task manager
(I had even written a little batch file to close it).

Then I stumbled on a solution.  The problem is their default theme.
Once I shifted to the Kemnpleton 3.1.1 theme, Firefox closes just
fine.  Odd that the culprit would be there theme.  But no problems any
more.

On Jul 23, 4:36=A0pm, Bruce <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote:
> Name: =A0 =A0Bruce
> Product: Firefox
>
> Comments:
> I cannot find in the known issues the "close window" problem with
> Firefox 3.5? =A0The only way to close firefox 3.5.1 is to use the menu
> (File\Exit). =A0All other methods fail. =A0This has made firefox almost
> unusable. =A0Can't believe the code could be released with such a major
> bug. Very sorry that I upgraded to 3.5
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1=
..1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
> From URL:http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
>
> Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedb=
ack
> but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them =
> see it.

0
HughL

FF 3.5 RC and Mac OS X 10.5.7
Name: Fede R Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: FF 3.5 RC and Mac OS X 10.5.7 - Firefox won't reopen any windows after all windows are closed Comments: If one closes all active Firefox windows, Firefox will stay open (as indicated by the white dot under the dock icon), but won't respond to New Window (command-N) or New Tab (command-T) commands. In order to open a new window, one has to manually terminate and relaunch the app. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; it; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozil...

Firefox 3.5 won't close
Name: Buck Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 won't close Comments: Just upgraded to firefox 3.5. I can't close any window, using any method. My O/S is Vista SP2. Don't u test this stuff? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

valuable Firefox tool won't install on defective Firefox 3.0.5
Name: Gary Smukal Email: gary_smukalatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: valuable Firefox tool won't install on defective Firefox 3.0.5 Comments: I was trying to install Copy URL + 1.3.4 - and I get this idiot message: "Copy URL + 1.3.3 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.0.5. I WAS NOT trying to install version 1.3.3 - because I know it doesn't work. version 1.3.4 DOES work on my other computer which had it installed when I upgraded from Firefox 3.0.4. This is probably the most important tool in Firefox it shouldn't ev...

Start Firefox with profiles from URL won't work in Firefox 3 Beta 5.
Name: Henry Chan Email: henrydotfaidothangdotchanatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Start Firefox with profiles from URL won't work in Firefox 3 Beta 5. Comments: Starting Firefox with profiles from the run box with a URL won't work in Firefox 3 Beta 5. Firefox launches but nothing shows up. No profile selection, no browser. Just the process. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Can't close windows in Firefox 3.5.1
The little X button in the upper right corner doesn't work. The only way to close a Firefox window is to use the Exit selection in the File menu. Unfortunately, some windows don't have a menu bar. I have never had this problem with earlier versions of Firefox. Ricky Jimenez wrote: > The little X button in the upper right corner doesn't work. The only > way to close a Firefox window is to use the Exit selection in the File > menu. Unfortunately, some windows don't have a menu bar. I have > never had this problem with earlier versions of Firefox. Wor...

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

I just installed the update 3.5.2 and now my Norton 360 v.3.5 toolbar and IPS won't work w/Firefox!
Name: Amanda Dindal Email: amanda_rj7atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I just installed the update 3.5.2 and now my Norton 360 v.3.5 toolbar and IPS won't work w/Firefox! Comments: I, regrettably updated both Firefox and my Norton 360 product the same day. I immediately got a message that my Norton is not compatible with the Firefox 3.5.2. This is completely unacceptable and ridiculous. A product which I purchased to protect me--especially while on the internet (and from it) now won't work in the browser. VERY DISAPPOINTING, to say the least. Browser Det...

Problems with Youtube while testing Firefox 3.5 Beta. There seems to be an issue with the beta 4 of Firefo 3.5. When I try to play my video after I pause it, it won't light up when I move my cursor
Name: Liam Campbell Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Youtube while testing Firefox 3.5 Beta. There seems to be an issue with the beta 4 of Firefo 3.5. When I try to play my video after I pause it, it won't light up when I move my cursor over it! Comments: There is also a problem with choosing what time I want to go to on any youtube video! Once I scroll on one section of the time line (i.e. 00:45) it locks up there until I move my cursor away from the time line. I know that this is BETA and all, but I just want to make sure that this problem gets fixed in the full ...

Firefox 3 and Firefox 3.5 beta 4 don't save your web page
Name: cassondra Email: cassondradotc315atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 and Firefox 3.5 beta 4 don't save your web page Comments: when i'm ready to close and save my work both firefoxes don't do so i click save and quit but the next time i open it's not there anymore why is that? and so far i love 3.5 beta 4 cause it's more efficient. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response ...

Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7
Name: Bernard Le Lann Email: bernarddotlelannatlapostedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7 Comments: Depuis que j'utilise Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 est extrêmement lent, pour afficher une nouvelle page ou pour passer d'un onglet à un autre. ======================================= Since I use Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 is extremely slow to display a new page or move from one tab to another Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; fr; rv:1.9.1...

can't close tag in firefox-3.5.5 for ubuntu9.10
Name: m Email: ekeymeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't close tag in firefox-3.5.5 for ubuntu9.10 Comments: sometimes I can't close tag in firefox-3.5.5 for ubuntu9.10. This case occurs many times. and only to close the whole browser can I go ahead. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091109 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them t...

Why Firefox 3.5.2 don't automatically update to 3.5.3 ?
Name: Etienne SOTTAS Email: edotsottasatconcept2dotfr Product: Firefox Summary: Why Firefox 3.5.2 don't automatically update to 3.5.3 ? Comments: I don't understand why Firefox don't advert us when a new version is coming ? I have been alerted this morning by the 01net Newsletter (www.01net.com) about the 3.5.3 version of Firefox. It would be cool if an alert appears when a new version s availiable ! Thanks Etienne SOTTAS - webmaster Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; fr-FR; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 GTB5 F...

Firefox 3.5.1 hangs with multiple windows open. 3.0 didn't do that.
Name: Moe Zilla Email: klexenmeisteratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.1 hangs with multiple windows open. 3.0 didn't do that. Comments: It seems that whenever I open multiple windows in FF 3.5.1, it might hang on me. I wait for the browser to respond -- but it doesn't. Forcing shut down with WIN Task Manager closes it. Re-starting results in an an "Oops, we're sorry" apology -- or something like that. This problem never happened on my machine using 3.0. I have a firewall in place, and running up-to-date Windows Defender and Norton 360 a...

Firefox 3 beta 5 closed by windows vista 'Data Execution Prevention' feature
Name: brahmananda Email: mulakaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 closed by windows vista 'Data Execution Prevention' feature Comments: I am using a Dell XPSM1330 with Vista business edition. I have been encountering several abrupt program terminations today by the Vista DEP feature. I have an installation of latest firefox2.x version along wit firefox 3 beta 5 installed on my system. this happend with several websites, so i assume the issue is not website specific. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Geck...

Web resources about - windows won't close with firefox 3.5 - mozilla.feedback.firefox