Windows Media Player 11 plugin for Firefox 3 Beta 5

Name:    Gus
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Windows Media Player 11 plugin fails to install even after restarting
Firefox 3 Beta 5 and even after restarting the computer several times.
I am running Windows Vista Business with all updates except service pack
1 on a Sony laptop, VGN-SZ650N.  This service pack unavailable for
download through windows automatic update.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Gus

On Apr 23, 4:36=A0pm, Gus <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote:
> Name: =A0 =A0Gus
> Product: Firefox
>
> Comments:
> Windows Media Player 11 plugin fails to install even after restarting
> Firefox 3 Beta 5 and even after restarting the computer several times.
> I am running Windows Vista Business with all updates except service pack
> 1 on a Sony laptop, VGN-SZ650N. =A0This service pack unavailable for
> download through windows automatic update.
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5)=
 Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
> From URL:http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

I'm having the exact same problem on XP. I can't figure it out.
0
Trey
4/28/2008 4:50:15 PM
On 28 avr, 18:50, Trey <Trey.Steg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 4:36=A0pm, Gus <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote:
>
> > Name: =A0 =A0Gus
> > Product: Firefox
> > Summary:WindowsMediaPlayer 11 plugin for Firefox 3 Beta 5
>
> > Comments:
> >WindowsMediaPlayer 11 plugin fails to install even after restarting
> > Firefox 3 Beta 5 and even after restarting the computer several times.
> > I am runningWindowsVista Business with all updates except service pack
> > 1 on a Sony laptop, VGN-SZ650N. =A0This service pack unavailable for
> > download throughwindowsautomatic update.
>
> > Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;WindowsNT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5)=
 Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
> > From URL:http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
>
> I'm having the exact same problem on XP. I can't figure it out.

Same problem ? Any solution ?
0
Jeff
4/28/2008 9:02:29 PM
On Apr 29, 4:02=A0am, Jeff <jeff.tavern...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 avr, 18:50, Trey <Trey.Steg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 23, 4:36=A0pm, Gus <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote:
>
> > > Name: =A0 =A0Gus
> > > Product: Firefox
> > > Summary:WindowsMediaPlayer 11 plugin for Firefox 3 Beta 5
>
> > > Comments:
> > >WindowsMediaPlayer 11 plugin fails to install even after restarting
> > > Firefox 3 Beta 5 and even after restarting the computer several times.=

> > > I am runningWindowsVista Business with all updates except service pack=

> > > 1 on a Sony laptop, VGN-SZ650N. =A0This service pack unavailable for
> > > download throughwindowsautomatic update.
>
> > > Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;WindowsNT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b=
5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
> > > From URL:http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
>
> > I'm having the exact same problem on XP. I can't figure it out.
>
> Same problem ? Any solution ?

Try out this link, it worked for me
http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download=
..aspx
0
troex

firefox 3 beta 5 windows media player plugin
Name: sean Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 beta 5 windows media player plugin Comments: windows media player plugin does not work in some web sites eg. gametrailers.com Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

firefox 3 beta 5 Media player 11
Name: Ian Sainsbury Email: isainsatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 beta 5 Media player 11 Comments: When opening the link on the bbc website to live news 24 a message saying additional plug-ins required appears at the top of the pop-up screen. When the options button is pressed, an update is not available as I already have it - and the video works anyway! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3 beta 5 windows media player integration not working
Name: Mark Harman Email: mharman89atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 windows media player integration not working Comments: I am trying to view MLB.com games which I could do in the previous version of Firefox. When I try to access the games I get the message, "Download plug-in". I hit the download plug-in and it recommends "windows media player 11" plug-in. The plug-in never installs and I cannot watch the games through your browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/...

Firefox 3 Beta 3
Name: Jay Raymond Email: jayraymondatsssnetdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 - No Media Player Plugin Comments: Firefox 3 Beta 3 has no media player plugin. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Cannot get plug-in for Windows Media Player Ver. 11 to install to Firefox 3.5
Name: Warren N Email: warrenatqdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Cannot get plug-in for Windows Media Player Ver. 11 to install to Firefox 3.5 Comments: I use Firefox 3.5 with Windows Vista Home Premium running on a Dell Inspirion 15 with a X64 processor. When I surf to www.king.org and click on anyone of the links "Listen Now" in the section about listening online, a new window appears with a message line at the top of the window stating "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page." A button is present titled, "Instal...

Windows Media Player Plug-in with Firefox 3.1 Beta 3
Name: Simon Kronberg Email: simondotkronbergatgmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Windows Media Player Plug-in with Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 Comments: Windows Media Player Plug-in doesn't work with Forefox 3.1 Beta 3. Usually the movie just starts, but with Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 it only says "need to install Plug-in Program all the time (when your going to see a video on the web, I allso have Firefox 3.0.8 witch it works perfectly with) PS. I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate x86. Sorry for bad Enlish.. Hopefully you'll make it work to the final release. /Simon...

Windows Media Player Plug-in with Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 #2
Name: Simon Kronberg Email: simondotkronbergatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Windows Media Player Plug-in with Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 Comments: Windows Media Player Plug-in doesn't work with Forefox 3.1 Beta 3. Usually the movie just starts, but with Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 it only says "need to install Plug-in Program all the time (when your going to see a video on the web, I allso have Firefox 3.0.8 witch it works perfectly with) PS. I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate x86. Sorry for bad Enlish.. Hopefully you'll make it work to the final rel...

Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7
Name: Bernard Le Lann Email: bernarddotlelannatlapostedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7 Comments: Depuis que j'utilise Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 est extrêmement lent, pour afficher une nouvelle page ou pour passer d'un onglet à un autre. ======================================= Since I use Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 is extremely slow to display a new page or move from one tab to another Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; fr; rv:1.9.1...

Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze
Name: Sebastian Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze Comments: The problem stated above happend quite often after Firefox was running for some time 3-4 Hours. When restarting Firefox a message that firefox was already running popped of, and the process had to be stopped via task manager (ctrl alt del). Second thing I recognized was when starting 2-3 memory intense Flash-Applications in tabs firefox would freeze (games f...

Turning tabs into windows? in the firefox 3.5 beta not normal firefox
Name: Bug Reporter Email: Product: Firefox Summary: Turning tabs into windows? in the firefox 3.5 beta not normal firefox Comments: Randomly when I am going from tab to tab one of them turns into a window and gets refreshed... it is extremely annoying when I'm playing pretty much any game with its forum in another tab. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if...

Windows Media Player 10 and Firefox (with Media Player Connectivity plugin)
When I try to play a video in FF, I get a message: The file wmp.dll has a version number 10.0.0.4036, where 10.0.0.4019 is expected" then an option to go to the Microsoft site to install. I have reinstalled Windows Media Player version 10, and still get the error in Firefox, not in IE 6. I have checked all the other suggestions about copying dlls, etc. and still won't play in those 2 sites below. Any suggestions? I'm also using the Media Player Connectivity Plugin Sites failing: www.cnn.com, www.cbs.com. ps: Never mind ... While writing this message, I t...

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

Feedback for Firefox 3.5/3.1 Beta 3
Name: Kuldeep Kapade Email: kuldeepkapadeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback for Firefox 3.5/3.1 Beta 3 Comments: Please improve the default looks of the browser and increase the viewable area like Google Chrome. It is good to see that you are borrowing good points from the Chrome and it will be much better if we can see the handy-ness (appearance-wise) of Chrome in Firefox too. 'Personas' is a great add-on and please increase the view are in it too. It would be also great to see bottom status bar as optional and replace it with a sma...

Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 Comments: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn Page Filled with the following everytime I go from eharmony to ebay: (1)*el_rrtaa15'rT_rrdiv16~m*(74)*44'340~m*(208)*42'338~m*(153)*39'334~m*(306)*39'334~mt*(113)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv15~mo*(0)*el_rrdiv15'rT_rrtaa15~m*(40)*72'340~mt*(16)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv16~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv16'rT_rrdiv15~m*(138)*114'359~mt*(24)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv17~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv17'rT_rrdiv16~mt*(25)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrtd21~mo*(48)*el_rrdiv19'...