Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection.

Name:    George Ginsburg
Email:   ginsburgattiacdotnet
Product: Firefox

Comments:
When I simply bring up Firefox, I get the following or similar messages which come from
my security monitor on outgoing message requests: first: "firefox-bin wants to connect
to static-fxfeeds.nslb.sj.mozilla.com on TCP port 80 (http)," second: (typical) firefox-bin
wants to connect to 130.94.77.118 on TCP port 443 (https)," third type: paraphrased,
....cannot connect to www.earthlink.net server..then lists several possible reasons the
connection may not be going through and says try again later.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/85.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/85.5
0
George
11/19/2007 10:18:22 PM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can
Name: Ruud Email: ruuddotreinoldatbtinternetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can Comments: I installed the by Frefox 2.0.0.14 suggested security update. Since the restart it does not allow me to go to any webpage. No proxy settings, plain network connection. Can connect to intrnal and external sources throug Explorer and IE7. Started firefox in safe mode, but the same problem is there, so it does not seem to be related to any plugins The message Firefox displays is: ...

Firefox/2.0.0.13 fails to connect to https: sites MAC OS 10.2.8
Name: C Ashcroftt Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox/2.0.0.13 fails to connect to https: sites MAC OS 10.2.8 Comments: Firefox automatic upgrade to 2.0.0.13 on 25/3/2008 on MAC PowerPC G3 About info Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 Tried several https sites webmail and banking and financial services sites all failed to connect - no time out message - had to Force Quit Firefox For info all sites tested worked with 2.0.0.12 and still work with Sea Monkey 1.1.8 Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS ...

Firefox 2.0.0.13 can't connect
I'm having a problem similar to that reported by many other users - Firefox cannot connect, but IE can. The problem started only recently, perhaps with the upgrade to 2.0.0.13. But for me the problem is intermittent. Firefox will be unable to connect to any web site for a period of approximately 30 seconds to five minutes. Then everything's back to normal. While Firefox is out of action, trying to connect to sites, IE works fine. I have not added any new Add-ons for many months. None of the links I've seen posted here regarding connection problems seem to ...

Firefox 2.0.0.8 can't connect
This appears to be a common thread, but I have not seen any solutions or suggestions. I can reinstall FF 1.0 and it works fine. When I download/install the 2.0.0.8 upgrade, nothing works - no connection. fwiw: Dell 9150, WinXPProSP2. Anyone solve this yet? tia, Dr Data Dr Data wrote: > This appears to be a common thread, but I have not seen any solutions or > suggestions. I can reinstall FF 1.0 and it works fine. When I > download/install the 2.0.0.8 upgrade, nothing works - no connection. > > fwiw: Dell 9150, WinXPProSP2. > > Anyone sol...

Firefox can't connect to ANY site after 2.0 upgrade
XP, SP2 Mike Aaron has written on 11/27/2007 7:24 PM: > XP, SP2 > Check your firewall settings. -- Pete Holsberg Columbus, NJ A dyslexic man walks into a bra. Mike Aaron wrote: > XP, SP2 and remove all the FF entries. Retry! -- *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but messages emailed to me will be disregarded!!!! Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon: http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm On 11/27/07 7:24 PM, _Mike Aaron_ spoke thusly: > XP, SP2 See if this helps: http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Cannot+connect+after+upgrading+Firefox -- Chr...

Firefox stops connecting when the 2.0.0.2 update is loaded
Name: Lynn J. Sauer Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox stops connecting when the 2.0.0.2 update is loaded Comments: When the Firefox update 2.0.0.2 downloads I get a screen that says it is checking for "add on" compatability issues. From this point on we can't connect to the internet with Firefox, although our e-mail and other browsers have no problem. I have tried turning off the automatic updates and the add ons. The only answer is to uninstall Fire fox and then reinstall the 2.0 version. Then a couple of days later the 2.0.0.2 version reinstalls itself...

Firefox 2.0.0.1 connection problem
Hi. Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox connected to the internet no more! right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling IPV6, and restarting my computer). Suggestions anybody? Leo scoti5 a b=E3gat versurile:: > Hi. >=20 > Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i wa...

Firefox 2.0.0.8
Also having problems with both Firefox and Thunderbird since the recent updates. Uninstalled both completely, cleared all settings, clear cache and other happy stuff. Reinstalled FF 2.0.0.8 and still can't connect to the net. Machine is Dell M50 with WinXP Pro SP2. I fired up Wireshark to see what was happening and for some reason Firefox is causing a broadcast on the LAN instead of connecting to the Internet. My setup here is a bit different than a simple plug into a low-end NAT "router" in that I have my LAN connected to a Cisco 1720 and Catalyst 2950 doing VLANs (dot...

no e-mail connections in firefox 2.0.0.1
Name: Joseph Biniek Email: biniekatmaxinterdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: no e-mail connections in firefox 2.0.0.1 Comments: i just installed thunderbird and firefox 2.0.0.1 and am not able to access my e-mail from the browser ! ! ! there is no link under TOOLS there is no e-mail button in the customise section and there is NO INFO anywhere how is this fixed ? having a browser that wont GET MAIL "is worthless! " I love thunderbird and in order to use it, i have to use I.E. unless you send a FIX ! THANKS-----would appreciate a reply Joe Biniek Browser Deta...

Firefox 0.9.2 connection problem (Firefox newbie)
1. With Firefox installed, the ability to change "Default" dial up or network connections seems to be lost. (Settings | Network Connections | (select one & right-click) | Set as default connection) is greyed out. This means that there is no way of changing the Default Dial-Up connection. (MSIE Options can go through the motions of changing default connection, but it doesn't "stick"). 2. IE/OE dial up uses the Dial Up Connection dialogue; with this, the desired connection can be readily selected, Firefox, OTOH uses the (unchangeable) default Network Con...

Update: Mac OS 10.2.8 Firefox 2.0.0.13 and https connections OK today
Name: C Ashcroftt Product: Firefox Summary: Update: Mac OS 10.2.8 Firefox 2.0.0.13 and https connections OK today Comments: Reported last night issues connecting to https site These seemed to have disappeared now but not all at once ! Only action taken was to clear Cache and increase Cache size from 50mb to 80mb. System and router have been switched off overnight. https to my usual webmail at www.madasafish.com still failed this morning - reported via Talkback. I tried a couple of others and they connected OK - a bank site and a financial services site + gmail. Ret...

Firefox 2.0.0.14 not able to connect to internet on Vista
Name: Chris Email: 1fractus1atorangemaildotch Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.14 not able to connect to internet on Vista Comments: Firefox is not able to connect to the internet any more on my PC running Windows Vista SP1 since it has been upgraded to 2.0.0.14 today! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5
Name: Matze Email: infoatpc-scenedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5 Comments: Hello, I have problems with Firefox 2.0.0.5 and Thunderbird. As soon as this version is not installed comes I any longer into Internet. No connection is indicated with both. 2.0.0.4 runs without problems up to the update on 0.5 Does someone know somewhat about an error?? MfG Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6
Name: Infra Red Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6 Comments: Possible Problem I am not sure if it is because my firewall hasn't picked up the version change yet but if it is not so the new version doesn't work for me. Possible Answer I have Sygate Firewall, It was set to permit all so maybe the version change wasn't monitored therefor not allowed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...