Technical Support / Saving Passwords

Name:    Walt Phillips
Email:   waltdotphillipsatnovdotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
The Tech support feature leaves a lot to be desired.  It is very
confusing to navigate thru and if I click on Frequently Asked Questions
nothing happens!! Same result with Official Online Documentation nothing
happens.

Bottom line for me is I want to know how to use activate the password
function.  If I go to Tools and check the box to: Remember Passwords; it
is not saving any of the passwords for any website I choose.
I am using the latest version 2.
Any Ideas???

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080219 Firefox/2.0.0.12 Navigator/9.0.0.6
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Walt
3/27/2008 7:55:08 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

Saved Passwords: master password for hiding saved passwords but not for using them
Name: Josh Abbe Email: joshabbe2atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Saved Passwords: master password for hiding saved passwords but not for using them Comments: Hey Firefox, I love how you save my passwords for sites that I frequent. Under tools/options/security, I am able to view all of my passwords that I have saved for various sites. I have a few issues with this. First of all, the default is to just show all passwords to anyone who tries to see them. So, if my roommate uses firefox but doesnt know much about computers and just clicks "save my password ...

FireFox no saving Passwords.
What do I need to set in about config in FF2.0.0.11 to make FF save passwords. It will abide by passwords already entered but if you change a password and the remove the listing to reset It won't save the password. No problems in SM 1.1.7 -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9...

Error when firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty
Name: Palm Kevin Email: palmdotkevinatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Error when firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty Comments: When firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty (toolbar that appears on top of page after the user/pwd has been entered) than the following unnormal beahiour occurs: When click on remember, bar doesn't dissapear! and next time I go to this page user/password have not been saved! I'd like Firefox to always remember entered username and passord (empty in this case) ...

Firefox Saved Passwords
Name: Ashley Hoskins Email: ash-hoskathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Saved Passwords Comments: In the saveed passwords pannel other people are able to view your passwords. I think you should be able to set a password to be able to view your saved passwords. Otherwise someone could just load up Firefox open the Options pannel click Show Passwords and get access to everything you have on the internet. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.moz...

Firefox does not save all passwords
I just started using Firefox as my main browser. A great feature is that it saves the log in information (user name and password) for most sites. But there are quite a few sites where Firefox does not save the log in information (e.g. American Express). Why is it? Is there anyway to manually save the log in information? Thanks. tenplay wrote: > I just started using Firefox as my main browser. A great feature is > that it saves the log in information (user name and password) for most > sites. But there are quite a few sites where Firefox does not save the >...

Starting up Firefox with multiple tabs saved, multiple prompts for proxy password and master password occur
Name: Pavel Tcholakov Email: pcholakovatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Starting up Firefox with multiple tabs saved, multiple prompts for proxy password and master password occur Comments: If using a proxy that requires a password, when Firefox is started and multiple tabs have been saved from a prevoius session, there will be multiple proxy password dialogs popped up. If a Master Password is used, there will also be multiple password dialgos for that - one per tab saved from the previous session. Firefox should only prompt for a password once, globally, not once per t...

The new Firefox 3.5
Name: Daniel Email: bossennewpatgarrifuliodotmailexpiredotcom Product: Firefox Summary: The new Firefox 3.5 - when using same username for different sites with different passwords, when I save the password on one site, the one in the other site changes too. Comments: The new Firefox 3.5 - when using same username to log on to two different websites with different passwords, when I save the password on one site, the one in the other site changes too. I cannot save different passwords for same username on different sites. Hope you can fix this. Keep up the good work. Brow...

Option to start firefox with no Browsing History, Download History, Saved Form and Search History, Cache, Cookies, saved passwords, authenticated sessions.
Name: Poul Wittig Email: poulwittigatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Option to start firefox with no Browsing History, Download History, Saved Form and Search History, Cache, Cookies, saved passwords, authenticated sessions. Comments: I own a laptop, and there are many situations in which a classmate/parent/whatever wish to borrow my computer to either check there email, calender or simply just surf the web. Now it would be great if there was an option to start Firefox with no personal information such as Browsing History, Download History, Saved Form and Search History...

Firefox no longer saves my passwords
Name: Jessica Deck Email: chica_zarcaatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox no longer saves my passwords Comments: I had version 2.0, but as soon as I updated to 2.0.0.4, Firefox no longer saves my passwords, usernames, etc, and no longer keeps me logged into any sites like I ask it to (like tvguide.com). It sometimes saves parts of usernames, but not usually (for example, my email username is "chica_zarca" and it will come up with "chica_z") It was not until I updated that I started having these problems, so there might just be a bug in the new ...

firefox crashing and technical support
Name: Rod Hoare Email: rodatcadfordotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: firefox crashing and technical support Comments: My Firefox is crashing repeatedly. I have submitted all crashes through the Crash Report system but have had no response. I have used the support system which has proved no use. The details of each crash is the same. See below. Hitting the Search Mozilla Support produces no results. regards Rod Signature _ftol2 UUID 69548ac5-83da-45d1-a816-b74532100302 Time 2010-03-02 22:23:12.108210 Uptime 19611 Last Crash 19620 seconds before submission ...

Export FireFox Saved Passwords
Name: TienChieh Lim Email: ltchiehatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Export FireFox Saved Passwords Comments: A user of Yahoo Answers asked the above question about FireFox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

firefox saved passwords bug
On the website 'GOG.com' (http://www.gog.com/) , firefox won't save the passwords for the login window. If anyone can fix it or find a workaround, post here. -- lord_valarian ------------------------------------------------------------------------ it may not be a bug...there are many sites that intentionally will not cause the browser to auto-fill the login credentials.. -- DenverD CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3] Also check that the website is not being blocked firefox's password exception list: Edit -> Prefer...

Web resources about - Technical Support / Saving Passwords - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Office of Scientific and Technical Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) is a component of the Office of Science within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). ...

Russian plane crash: Airline rules out technical failure or human error
The break-up of a Russian passenger jet in mid-flight over the Sinai peninsula was not caused by malfunction or pilot error, the airline has ...

Air France flight AF55 passengers told diversion was for 'technical reasons'
Passengers aboard Air France flight say everyone remained calm as their plane was diverted to Halifax. They found out it was due to a bomb threat ...

Metrojet rules out technical fault in Sinai plane crash
... on the plane" in the air. The Russian airline whose passenger plane crashed on Saturday in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula has insisted that a technical ...

UK ISP boss points out massive technical flaws in Investigatory Powers Bill
... "do not understand how the Internet works." The head of the UK ISP Andrews & Arnold, Adrian Kennard, has pointed out a number of major technical ...

Please Standby, Technical Difficulties
Do not adjust your sets, there are some things going on behind the scenes that are causing some ghosting on the front page. It will all be back ...

Jimmy Butler Wants Mason Plumlee to Pay Fine for Technical Foul vs. Blazers - Bleacher Report
... Trail Blazers center Mason Plumlee on Tuesday night before retaliating with a takedown of his own, ... After Butler was slapped with a technical ...

FOX Sports experiences technical difficulties during World Series opener
During Game One of the World Series between the N.Y. Mets and Kansas City Royals, FOX Sports lost signal to its truck

Does technical analysis work?
Top chart analyst Jeff deGraaf explains why technical analysis should be a key part of your investing process.

IDG Contributor Network: 10 Top technical achievements in video games for 2015
... season, make sure you check out Rise of the Tomb Raider . The graphics, especially during the intro sequence, are stunning, but the main technical ...