support/what support

Name:    William Johnson
Email:   william0992atsbcglobaldotnet
Product: Firefox

Comments:
your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular
maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the
layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for
certain websites.  I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix
the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no
directions as to what to do with it.  What is it's purpose if there is
no help function for it?  This is so frustrating.  Could somebody just
tell a layman what to do with tech problems other than riding the
merry-go-round you call technical support which isn't really tech
support at all?  But forums that nobody answers.  Where are the updates
for the multitude of bug fixes I see documented somewhere I keep bumping
into on your website.  I think you all believe Firefox is its' own
living being fixing itself. There aren't enough words to say how
frustrated I am that you can run a business like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
William

"William Johnson"

> Comments:
> your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular
> maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the
> layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for
> certain websites.  I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix
> the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no
> directions as to what to do with it.  What is it's purpose if there is
> no help function for it?  This is so frustrating.  Could somebody just
> tell a layman what to do with tech problems other than riding the
> merry-go-round you call technical support which isn't really tech
> support at all?  But forums that nobody answers.  Where are the updates
> for the multitude of bug fixes I see documented somewhere I keep bumping
> into on your website.  I think you all believe Firefox is its' own
> living being fixing itself. There aren't enough words to say how
> frustrated I am that you can run a business like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
> From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
>
> Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback
> but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to
> see it.

You're absolutely right Hendrix turns off users, and forums are usually
bad substitutes for newsgroups.

Hendrix is for comments / praise / grief  and does get the attention of
Mozilla developers,  but not answers to questions.   The group serves it's
purpose as to counting the number of  likes / dislike /problems so Mozilla
knows where to try to make things better.   So Mozilla developers saw your
message, but does  not respond. You  can read that in Hendrix where you posted.

To get answers,  subscribe to a user newsgroup with your newsreader,
the newsgroup for Firefox is  mozilla.support.firefox,  see
  http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/01/instructions-for-new-newsgroup-server/
where  other users such as yourself and people like me can ask questions and
get answers from other users.    Mozilla employees rarely visit  support
newsgroups.

0
David

Feedback for Support Firefox day 3
Hey guys, Left this one til last. What would be the best way to get feedback from people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom, or a link to an email? Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get people's thoughts on the day of. Link to a forum thread maybe? Majken Connor wrote: > Hey guys, > > Left this one til last. What would be the best way to get feedback from > people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom, or a > link to an email? Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get people's > t...

Please support mailto support
Hi Group, I submitted Bug 488330 to Mozilla today. This is the gist if it: The URI schema 'mailto:' is not supported when submitting form results. It is needed on the <xf:submission>element, action attribute. When I attempt to use it I receive an error. See the example at the end of the bug report. See the XForms recommendation, section 11.9 Submission Options: "Other bindings, in particular to the URI scheme "mailto:" may, and the schemes "https:" and "file:" should, be supported." I know that 'mailto' is not required...

why not support firefox
Name: Email: michelwongatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: why not support firefox Comments: Dear Sirs I notice that many China website e.g. http://v.163.com/tvlist/borpage_81.html not support firefox but only IE. The box said : "您现在使用浏览器(如FireFox)无法正常观看,请使用 IE(Internet Explorer)浏览器打开此页面!". This is only 1 example, but there are many more cases like this from China sites. Another 1 is CCTV(http://vod.cctv.com/podcast/index), but after I ungrade to 3.5.3 recently, CCTV China pop-up a small box asking me to plugin, after that I can view it. Please improv...

Firefox support
There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. >>> Mike<curt@fordhamprep.org> 4/14/2005 10:55 AM >>> There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC Michael Fraser wrote: > No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. > > I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. > >...

Firefox support
I have been experimenting around with Mozilla's Firefox browser, here are my questions: 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does anyone know why, or if this is being worked on? Thanks again for your time and knowledge 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility Some of the html editors don't work that well or at all in FF. 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does an...

Firefox Not supported
Name: Chris Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Not supported Comments: Firefox not supported on NatWest online banking. Running Firefox version 3.1b3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

FIrefox support
I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support. Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links. On 23.09.2007 01:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused technical80@yahoo.com to generate the following:? : > I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here ...

Firefox support should be ...
-- i think -- Firefox support should last 5 years to 7 years for Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x ...

firefox support
Name: hen Product: Firefox Summary: firefox support Comments: firefox should support Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x - 5 years to 7 years should be good support Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Feedback support
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback support Comments: I can't feed back via the standard browser button because it says that 4.0b11pre isn't the latest version of the browser, even though it has just done the automatic update to make sure it is the latest. Your download page is still saying 4.0b10pre is the latest version. Get them inline please. I wanted to say, GET the copy and paste function working properly as it stops working completely after the browser has been open for an hour or 2. I open any other version of browser (including other ff's) an...

Firefox Support?
Hopefully someone will answer this. I have seen several posts asking about Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses. I see that support should be there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school district. I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client. We are still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed. Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support for other browsers? -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Timothy M. Musa Community Consolidated School District 93 ...

Support Firefox
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Support Firefox Comments: In US, online banks can be accessed by using firefox, which is not the case in China since in China banks usually issue a plug-in which is a pre-requsite and is only compatible with IE. I believe this problem hinders the more poluparization of FIREFOX in China. But in US, this is hardly a problem, I prefer Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response...

Support feedback
Name: J. Cobe Email: jcobeemailatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Support feedback Comments: I realize that you have stuff in beta and everyone seems to be a volunteer, but the lack of help, especially considering I can and do have real-time online chats with other companies, is too frustrating and time consuming. I'm on my bosses computer now and sending attachments, which is absolutely necessary in my business (Entertainment), that are unreadable is unacceptable. I am resorting to Safari, which may not be as secure according to you, but it does what I ne...

Support
Bonjour, =20 Je suis administrateur de site web. Je rencontre un probl=E8me d'affichage des images sur FIREFOX/ MOZILLA = alors que =E7a fonctionne tr=E8s bien sur INTERNET EXPLORER. Les images ne se chargent pas compl=E8tement. le site web est = http://www.karawitz.com, il est d=E9velopp=E9 en flash. =20 Avez vous d=E9j=E0 rencontr=E9 ce genre de probl=E8mes ? Merci d'avance StudioNox =20 THOMAS Arnaud (ext.) wrote: > Bonjour, > > Je suis administrateur de site web. > Je rencontre un probl�me d'affichage des images sur FIREFOX/ MOZILLA alors que �a f...

Web resources about - support/what support - mozilla.feedback.firefox