suggestion: "Close Tabs to the Left", "Close Tabs to the Right"

I would find it useful if in addition to the "Close Other Tabs"
command, there were a way to "Close Tabs to the Left" and "Close Tabs
to the Right" when you right-click on a particular tab.  Particularly
when I've exhausted a train of thought that might consist of a number
of tabs, it'd be nice to be able to just close all tabs to the right
of the last tab before that train of thought.  This may be peculiar to
the way I abuse tabs but I'm just throwing it out there in case I'm
not alone.
0
Richard

"Close Tab" cannot close FireFox if "Always show tab bar" is enabled, when only 1 tab remains
Name: Rick Brewster Email: rbrewsteratwsudotedu Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "Close Tab" cannot close FireFox if "Always show tab bar" is enabled, when only 1 tab remains Comments: Firefox 3 RC3 Like the title says, try the following: 1) In Tools->Options, on the Tabs section, make sure "Always show tab bar" is enabled (the checkbox is checked) 2) Close the dialog by pressing the OK button 3) Close all but 1 tab 4) Press Ctrl+W (or use File->Close Tab, of course) At this point the contents of the tab are closed ...

WISH: Undo for "Close All Tabs" or "Close Other Tabs"
It seems that I often mess up and click "close other tabs" or "close all tabs" when I mean to click "Close this tab" Is there anyway we could have a fast undo for this mistake? Thanks On 24/07/2003 12:10, Brian King wrote: > It seems that I often mess up and click "close other tabs" or "close all > tabs" when I mean to click "Close this tab" > > Is there anyway we could have a fast undo for this mistake? Thanks http://multizilla.mozdev.org has this capability. If you right-click on the bar that the ...

Windows "close" icon vs Firefox "close tab" icon
I would like to suggest the following enhancement to the Firefox browser. When one clicks the windows "close" icon and has multiple tabs open, you get a pop-up box with "confirm close" in it telling you that you have multiple tabs open, and you can either close all of them and exit, or cancel the close. I would like to have a configurable action associated with this button. The default is to continue as it works now, with a second option available which will make the windows "close" button (the one with the "x" in it) have the same effect as ...

"Close Other Tabs" "bug"
[from: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=69338] Ugh!!!, fricken, it just happened to me *again* writing this damn post!!! ARGH!!!! ok, now i'm rewriting this post for the exact reason i'm posting. the singular most frustrating and repeated experience i have with firefox/mozilla is accidentally selecting the "Close Other Tabs" when i intended to select "Close Tab". i would like a confirmation dialog to appear just as it does when i attempt to close a browser window with multiple tabs. i've searched many posts on the forums and have...

concerning "New-Tab-Button" and "Tab-Close-Funktion"
Name: Sebastian Schwab [Germany/Deutschland] Email: derschwabiatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: concerning "New-Tab-Button" and "Tab-Close-Funktion" Comments: Hi guys. German version see below! Deutsche Fassung siehe weiter unten! FF 3.5 is very fast, e.g. You-Tube. Thats good! But the new-tab-button to the right of the right tab doesn't look very nice and is unneccessary. To open a new tab you have to click on a button which position is changing depending on the number of your current tabs. The standard-button is easier to find and clic...

When is "close" not really "close"
I've had a strange thing occur a couple of times. When I leave at night, I leave my computer on, but close Thunderbird. That way, I can VPN in from home and view the mail store, but still access e-mail through POP3. One night, a week or so ago, I checked POP3 from home and noticed the mailbox was empty. That's impossible; I get about 500 messages a day. So, I took control of my desktop session and looked around. Thunderbird was not visible, but it was still running in the background. I have since determined that if I close it with the "X" icon at upper ...

exposing "restore tabs on startup" in "warn when closing multiple tabs" dialog
When a user closes multiple tabs, if the "Warn when closing multiple tabs" (browser.tabs.warnOnClose) preference is set to true (as it is by default), then the browser displays the following dialog: You are about to close [n] open tabs. Are you sure you want to continue? [x] Warn me when I attempt to close multiple tabs [Cancel] [Close tabs] Since the purpose of this dialog is to help prevent close-tab accidents, it seems like a good place to expose the new "restore tabs on startup" functionali...

Cannot "close" last open tab to "blank"
Name: Mark Richter Email: markdotrichteratemceesoftwaredotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Cannot "close" last open tab to "blank" Comments: I remember being able to close all tabs except the last one open, which would remain open but be cleared to blank along with clearing all browsing history. That capability seems to have been removed from this newer release. Please consider returning it, or if it is an option, please set it back "on" as a default. Thank you. Mark Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1...

Tabs "Close button" & "new Button"
Hi, There is a CSS attribue ".tabs-closebutton" that create a close button for tabs, The https://developer.mozilla.org/En/XUL/Tabs indicate that it is possible to add new button by ".tabs-closebutton", but it doesn't work, any idea? <?xml version="1.0"?> <?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?> <?xml-stylesheet href="data:text/css, .tabs-closebutton { list-style-image: url(http://mozilla.org/favicon.ico); } " type="text/css"?> <window id="your...

Wish I could be more selective on which tabs close when I select "Close other Tabs"
Name: Jeremy Spencer Email: seojumperatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Wish I could be more selective on which tabs close when I select "Close other Tabs" Comments: I love tabbed browsing in Firefox as it was THE reason why I initially switched over from IE. One thing I would like to see (in the form of an extension or in the main product) is this: I use most of my time on the web reading news and whatnot. I usually go to digg or similar sites where I can open up several seperate articles in different tabs at a time. Then when I feel like I have enough op...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

"recently closed tabs" should appear in tab right-click
If we have to reopen some "recently closed tab/window", we have to go to ff - history - recently closed tab/window and there we find the total list from which we have to select. That is long route. I think we should have "recently closed tab/window" right at the tab right-click for easy access. I think that is how it is in ie. Thanks. -- Rawat On 9/21/2011 8:11 PM, V S Rawat gmoz wrote: > If we have to reopen some "recently closed tab/window", we have to go to > ff - history - recently closed tab/window and there we find the total > l...

"Close Tab" button ON the tab
Name: Mark Product: Firefox Summary: "Close Tab" button ON the tab Comments: I have to say that moving the "Close Tab" button from the far right side of the browser to the tab itself was a bad move in my opinion. I have hit it accidentally a number of times. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Web resources about - suggestion: "Close Tabs to the Left", "Close Tabs to the Right" - mozilla.feedback.firefox