Starting up Firefox with multiple tabs saved, multiple prompts for proxy password and master password occur

Name:    Pavel Tcholakov
Email:   pcholakovatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
If using a proxy that requires a password, when Firefox is started and
multiple tabs have been saved from a prevoius session, there will be
multiple proxy password dialogs popped up. If a Master Password is used,
there will also be multiple password dialgos for that - one per tab
saved from the previous session. Firefox should only prompt for a
password once, globally, not once per tab.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Pavel
5/7/2008 10:22:11 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

master password pops up at start when multiple tabs with passwords are openned
Name: Glen Rose Product: Firefox Summary: master password pops up at start when multiple tabs with passwords are openned Comments: When I first started firefox 3.5 beta 99 I open a lot of tabs which have password access, as I am using a master password to initialise these it pops up but it pops up one for each tab I have opened which has a saved password on it. It just only needs the master pop up to show as one pop not one for each tab with a password, just some sort of detection so there is not multiple pop ups. Thank you Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Wind...

Firefox 3B5, Master Password multiple prompts
Name: Timothy Email: leprasmurfatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3B5, Master Password multiple prompts Comments: When I restore a session with multiple tabs, I am prompted for my master password anywhere from 2-5 times. Most times while I'm typing in the master password on one, another pops up and steals focus. I attempted moving my entire .mozilla directory and starting fresh, but when I replicated the tabs and restarted, the issue recurred. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008041514 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http...

Proxy authentication and master password: Firefox 3 doesn't remember proxy password
Name: Romano Signorelli Product: Firefox Summary: Proxy authentication and master password: Firefox 3 doesn't remember proxy password Comments: Hello, if one or more tabs was opened last session (and I closed Firefox saving tabs), the next time I'll start Firefox it will ask for Proxy authentication rather then asking just the master password. I'm using Firefox 3 beta 3. Best regards, Romano Signorelli Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Multiple Password Prompts on Startup Despite Master Password
I'm using the *trunk* nightlies of Thunderbird (version 3 alpha 1 (20060516)). I have several e-mail (POP & IMAP) and newsgroups accounts that require passwords (I have "check e-mails/news on startup"). I have a Master Password. For the past week or so, on startup, Thunderbird has been popping-up numerous dialogs prompting me to enter the password for each account (some even twice). Somewhere in this pile of dialogs there is the Master Password dialog, which I can't "get to" until I've entered the passwords in the dialogs "above"...

Multiple Password Prompts on Startup Despite Master Password
I'm using the *trunk* nightlies of Thunderbird (version 3 alpha 1 (20060516)). I have several e-mail (POP & IMAP) and newsgroups accounts that require passwords (I have "check e-mails/news on startup"). I have a Master Password. For the past week or so, on startup, Thunderbird has been popping-up numerous dialogs prompting me to enter the password for each account (some even twice). Somewhere in this pile of dialogs there is the Master Password dialog, which I can't "get to" until I've entered the passwords in the dialogs "above"...

Multiple requests for password at firefox start
Name: David Email: crazy_daveatgmxdotat Product: Firefox Summary: Multiple requests for password at firefox start Comments: Hello Firefox Team, I have a serious issue: I use a proxy with authentication and I use a master password in Firefox. Now I have a few saved tabs (and addons that require a login) at the start of Firefox then the master-password field pops up a few times (for every open tab and addon that needs the proxy password). This is really annoying and hopefully you will have a solution for this in the future. Ok enough with that -> I love Firefox an...

Multiple Requests for Firefox Master Password
Name: Michael Product: Firefox Summary: Multiple Requests for Firefox Master Password Comments: A feature that I think was part of previous versions of Firefox was that if your Home window contained several pages for which you had saved the login and password, you only got ONE request by Firefox to give the master password (or perhaps you got several but the others disappeared once you had given your master password). Then all the login details were filled on all the tabs. Currently, I have four tabs in my opening window, for which Firefox sends me four requests for a master...

Firefox requests master password multiple times
Name: Robert Palmer Email: rpalmeratadmindotfsudotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox requests master password multiple times Comments: Upon a recent upgrade or release > 3.5, I now have to enter master password for saved password multiple times upon startup of the browser. Please help point me in the right direction to get fixed. Thanks. --Robert Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of...

Multitabs: Firefox 3 asks for proxy password multiple times
Name: Romano Signorelli Product: Firefox Summary: Multitabs: Firefox 3 asks for proxy password multiple times Comments: Hello, if more than one tab was opened last session (and I closed Firefox saving tabs), the next time I'll start Firefox it will ask for Proxy authentication multiple times (one time for every opened tab). It's very annoying. Just ask for password once and reuse it. I'm using Firefox 3 beta 3. Best regards, Romano Signorelli Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Multiple master password prompts are pretty nasty while restoring tabs
Name: Tim Cederman Product: Firefox Summary: Multiple master password prompts are pretty nasty while restoring tabs Comments: I often have about 10 tabs open when I restart Firefox. Usually they will include several sites which require passwords. This means when Firefox restarts it needs my master password entered. Unfortunately it opens a password prompt for each site that requires password information, and to make it worse, these interfere with each other, making it difficult to type in the password unless I wait until all the tabs finish loading. It would be great if you...

Saved Passwords: master password for hiding saved passwords but not for using them
Name: Josh Abbe Email: joshabbe2atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Saved Passwords: master password for hiding saved passwords but not for using them Comments: Hey Firefox, I love how you save my passwords for sites that I frequent. Under tools/options/security, I am able to view all of my passwords that I have saved for various sites. I have a few issues with this. First of all, the default is to just show all passwords to anyone who tries to see them. So, if my roommate uses firefox but doesnt know much about computers and just clicks "save my password ...

Multiple master password prompts in blank popup when starting FFX3b5 first time
Name: Ben Email: stanleybjatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Multiple master password prompts in blank popup when starting FFX3b5 first time Comments: After installing FFX3b5, when it starts for the first time to check for compatibility with addons, I get 1 popup for the master password for each extension I have installed (so 6 prompts). Additionally, this popup is blank other than the input field - there is no prompt so I just guessed it was for the master password (which it was because it then brought up my proxy username/password to confirm each time). I hav...

Web resources about - Starting up Firefox with multiple tabs saved, multiple prompts for proxy password and master password occur - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Starting Over (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Six women at a time work to overcome obstacles and meet personal goals. When it is determined that a woman has met all her goals, she "graduates" ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Aims To Curb App Spam: Starting Oct. 2, Developers Can No Longer Use API To Post Directly To ...
Starting Oct. 2, applications on Facebook will no longer be able to use its application-programming interfaces to post stories directly to the ...

Starting work on Luleå building 2
It’s been less than a year since we first started serving traffic from our Luleå data center; one of the greenest, most cutting-edge facilities ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook starting rollout of image-focused sidebar ads
In April, Facebook announced that it is making the images in sidebar ads much bigger . The company recently notified Preferred Marketing Developers ...

Iowa Starting Line (@IAStartingLine) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Iowa Starting Line @ IAStartingLine ...

Starting Anew
... At some point in your career, maybe you too have made the life-altering decision to start anew. If so, you know firsthand how exciting, Starting ...

Sydney to Hobart: Starting boat Aussie Legend takes on water but all safe
... to Hobart yacht race has suffered an on water incident before the 628 nautical mile event has got under way on Saturday with the official starting ...

Cooling housing market starting to hurt Melbourne apartment buyers
About half of Melbourne off-the-plan apartments are now worth less than was paid for them.