Saving "Surf Sessions" on Firefox instead of "bookmarking all tabs"

Name:    Sebastián Zegers
Email:   szegersatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I love your product, and use it daily, and there is one feature that i
believe could work GREAT in the next version.

I work with tabs all the time, specially when i'm just surfing,
investigating subject i don't know of, looking for an especific product
or video or blog. Many times, i have to stop my work to resume it later,
and all i can do is "Save All Tabs" but it's not quite perfect.

The way i think it SHOULD work is this: you should be able to "Save a
Surfing/Browsing Session", and title it, and then open it later with all
tabs just like you left them, to continue your browsing where you left.

I hope you consider this suggestion, for i really believe it would make
our firefox experience even more pleasant and organic.

Sebastián Zegers, graphic designer 'n illustrator, Chile

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; es-AR; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8
0
Sebastián
10/19/2007 3:06:57 PM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

firefox "bookmarks manager" "bookmarks toolbar" "same order"
I did a web and groups search for the subject line to try to find an answer, but came up dry. I'm running Firefox2 on an XP machine. The problem is this: For some reason, Bookmarks Manager does not list the bookmarks in the same order as the bookmarks toolbar. It used to. How can I make it do it again? "Restore natural order" does nothing. I want the order in Bookmarks Manager to change to reflect the order on the bookmarks toolbar. I used to be able to make a change in Bookmarks Manager and it would immediately be reflected in the bookmarks toolbar and would li...

Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As"
Name: Thaddeus Polit Email: ThaddeusdotPolitatlmcodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As" Comments: Firefox 3.1b2 - When I click "Save Image As", "Save link As", or "Save Page As", nothing happens. The "Save As" dialog does not appear. Due to this problem, I have been forced to start using I.E. Yuck! Please help! Sincerely, Thaddeus Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) G...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

"save session", "don´t save"... "abort"!
Name: lumpi Product: Firefox Summary: "save session", "don´t save"... "abort"! Comments: There should be a third "abort/cancel" button in the "save session" dialog for tabbed browsing. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2) Gecko/20070206 GranParadiso/3.0a2 ...

Renaming of "Firefox only" to "Toolkit only"
As discussed on irc, lots of pages have the mention "Firefox only", or "Not in Firefox" [1] [2]. That's not very correct technically, as other apps like XULRunner or Thunderbird are also concerned by the "Firefox only" texts. It was proposed to rename those to "Toolkit only" / "Not in toolkit". Those texts should be templatized for easier management. It was also discussed if pre-toolkit stuff should be supported, but I guess that's another debate ;-) I'm not taking action on this personally, that was to open the d...

"Append to" instead of "Save to"
Hi, When saving a message to a file, the file will be overwritten if it already exists. Does any one know a way to append to the file instead of overwriting it? Thanks. J. J. Cagnol wrote: > Hi, > > When saving a message to a file, the file will be overwritten if it > already exists. Does any one know a way to append to the file instead > of overwriting it? > > Thanks. > J. No, but you could just set up a temporary folder within Mozilla if you wanted to save multiple messages to a file. The mbox format which Mozilla uses simply has multiple m...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

"Bookmark All Tabs" into "Unfiled Bookmarks" fails
Name: rupert applebaum Email: raouldotfleckmanatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: "Bookmark All Tabs" into "Unfiled Bookmarks" fails Comments: Perhaps it's just a misunderstanding of its functions, but an attempt to "Bookmark All [current] Tabs" into Paradiso's pre-established folder "Unfiled Bookmarks" bookmarks nothing and does so without an error. Thankee Folks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030318 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

What is a "Session" and a "Request" ??
Hello,  I'm new to ASP.Net 2.0 , and I still can't understand what is a "Session" and what is a "Request" ??   Thank You the client browser will request a page and the Request object will give you information about what page they are requesting. the session is a statebag where you can store information that will continue to exist after the page has executed.  information can be added to the Session in page A and then read back from the Session in page B.  the session object is unique per user - so one users does not see data stored b...

"Close Tab" cannot close FireFox if "Always show tab bar" is enabled, when only 1 tab remains
Name: Rick Brewster Email: rbrewsteratwsudotedu Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "Close Tab" cannot close FireFox if "Always show tab bar" is enabled, when only 1 tab remains Comments: Firefox 3 RC3 Like the title says, try the following: 1) In Tools->Options, on the Tabs section, make sure "Always show tab bar" is enabled (the checkbox is checked) 2) Close the dialog by pressing the OK button 3) Close all but 1 tab 4) Press Ctrl+W (or use File->Close Tab, of course) At this point the contents of the tab are closed ...

Web resources about - Saving "Surf Sessions" on Firefox instead of "bookmarking all tabs" - mozilla.feedback.firefox