Problems with FireFox 2.0.0.6 + openSuSE Linux 10.2 acccess to Netscape mails

Name:    Franz Bernasek
Email:   bernasekatlycosdotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
good Day,

i have some problems since one day to access my netscape mail account
with the Firefox 2.0.0.6 Browser under openSuSE 10.2 Linux,
i have the problem tested with other browser such a seamonkey 1.1.4
Netscape Navigator Version 9.x under the same Operating System Environment
no Problems with my Netscape mails, the big surprise is all other of my
accounts so as lycos, fastmail and yahoo e-mail accounts can i normally
access with Firefox 2.0.0.6

sincerly
Franz Bernasek
bernasek@lycos.com

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070730 SUSE/2.0.0.6-10.1 Firefox/2.0.0.6
0
Franz

Firefox 2.0.0.6 Reverts back to 2.0.0.5 reinstalls 2.0.0.6, wipes out user settings
Firefox is turning into a piece of crap. First, there is only 1 profile, the default profile. Second, after the first 2.0.0.6 update wiped out the profile settings (again), the automatic check for updates was turned off. This morning the customized profile settings went MIA again, Firefox decided it was version 2.0.0.5 (per the help, about firefox) and automatically downloaded 2.0.0.6; even though 2.0.0.6 had already been installed on July 31. It now thinks it is 2.0.0.6, the home page and other profile settings have been reset, and automatic updates turned off for everyt...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11
Name: Suzanne Email: syeeatrhsmithdotumddotedu Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11 Comments: Ever since the updates to 2.0.0.10, our customers are not able to use iNotes (Lotus Domino Webmail) to attach any emails. It is possible that the fix "MFSA 2007-37 jar: URI scheme XSS hazard" is causing the errors. Our only results is to have people downgrade back to 2.0.0.9 or to use IE. I know its not really a bug because the fix is for security purposes, but many Lotus Notes users are not able to use iNotes to check their emails. Browser Detai...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

XP SP2 DDE problems with Firefox anyone? (v.2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3)
I had a strange issue crop up the other day, shortly after (but not immediately after) I had upgraded Firefox to v2.0.0.3. Every time I launched a shortcut, or typed a URL from the "run..." line, I got an error message: :"Windows cannot find '[full url here]'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, :and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then :click Search." [Dialogue button: OK] The site would launch normally, but the annoying dialogue would always pop up. If the browser was open already, there was no error message. ...

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 fails
Name: Franz Baader Email: FranzdotBaaderatt-onlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 fails Comments: Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 (German) fails with a message in German like "one or more files couldn't be updated". Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

Firefox XP 2.0.0.8 ubuntu 2.0.0.6. Why?
I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the same profile. (Symbolic link to XP partition). However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a addon check. So why is Ubuntu not on version 2.0.0.8. That would solve this problem. Arjen On 10/22/2007 3:03 PM, Arjen Meijer wrote: > I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the > same profile. > (Symbolic link to XP partition). > > However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a > addon check. > > So why is U...

FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6
Name: Infra Red Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6 Comments: Possible Problem I am not sure if it is because my firewall hasn't picked up the version change yet but if it is not so the new version doesn't work for me. Possible Answer I have Sygate Firewall, It was set to permit all so maybe the version change wasn't monitored therefor not allowed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.3
hi; my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to this site and server create a session. user click any subject from left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load. this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc.. math wrote: > hi; > my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to > this site and server create a session. user click any subject from > left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users w...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

Web resources about - Problems with FireFox 2.0.0.6 + openSuSE Linux 10.2 acccess to Netscape mails - mozilla.feedback.firefox

iOS 9.2 ‘might’ fix the blackout problem some iPad Pros have, says Apple
... iOS Devices Check out 9to5Mac for more breaking coverage of iOS Devices . What do you think? Discuss "iOS 9.2 ‘might’ fix the blackout problem ...

Apple suggests iOS 9.2 will fix unresponsive iPad Pro problem
... by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and Home button for 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. With the release of iOS 9.2, that problem ...

FBI Director: Silicon Valley’s encryption is a “business model problem”
... attacks in Paris and California. Today, FBI director James Comey has suggested that Silicon Valley isn't faced with a serious technical problem, ...

The FBI finally gives a clear explanation about its problems with encryption
The FBI is still banging the drum for tech firms to give it a "backdoor" to encrypted devices and this time it's offered a clear explanation ...

Sure, he's a problem. But not so much that they can't make the best of it.
Sure, he's a problem. But not so much that they can't make the best of it. by digby Here's a little reminder about where the GOP is really heading ...

A ton of actresses are talking about how to tackle Hollywood's gender problem
Back in October, Jennifer Lawrence wrote an essay about her struggle to be paid fairly for "American Hustle." The essay went viral and inspired ...

VW: CO2 emissions problem far smaller than suspected
Company says "slight deviations" were found in nine variants of VW brand models, including the Jetta, Golf and Passat

The Big Problem With Star Wars, According To Francis Ford Coppola
Cinema Blend The Big Problem With Star Wars, According To Francis Ford Coppola Cinema Blend Even though he had nothing to do with the actual ...

Can Cisco fix workplace video problem?
Cisco has spent decades building products for IT managers and engineers. It's now trying to adopt a consumer mentality.