Option to start firefox with no Browsing History, Download History, Saved Form and Search History, Cache, Cookies, saved passwords, authenticated sessions.

Name:    Poul Wittig
Email:   poulwittigatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I own a laptop, and there are many situations in which a
classmate/parent/whatever wish to borrow my computer to either check
there email, calender or simply just surf the web.
Now it would be great if there was an option to start Firefox with no
personal information such as Browsing History, Download History, Saved
Form and Search History, Cache, Cookies, saved passwords, authenticated
sessions. Instead of being forced to clear all the data every single
time which is a bit annoying!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Poul
3/29/2008 7:10:56 PM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

What gets saved in history/closed tab history not saving
I�ve gotten myself confused here. My history is only saving what I was doing in the current open tab. When I want to go back to what was looking at in previously closed tabs, it�s not in history. I was using tab mix plus for a while which could set to save what was in closed tabs but removed as still having trouble with FF hanging and not opening (and have read the documentation and tried doing what said, but think it is still extensions problem which I can�t sort out yet.) I think I had something else in there was supposed to help but forget what and removed anyway. I have o...

Firefox b99(Preview Build)- Closing firefox without saving saves authentication cookies from Gmail and Twitter
Name: Scott R Email: sriddle27atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox b99(Preview Build)- Closing firefox without saving saves authentication cookies from Gmail and Twitter Comments: After closing firefox while logged into to gmail and opening it again i found i was able to enter the gmail url and my session would still be active. There may be another cause for this, however i noticed there was a hanging firefox process still running in the background, probably keeping the session alive. OS: Windows Vista 64 bit FF: Preview Build Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (W...

History is not history
Name: Dr J R Stockton Product: Firefox Summary: History is not history Comments: Firefox 3.6.8 (others presumed likewise) has a menu item History". But that does not show a history; rather, it seems to give a Most Recently Used list. (1) If it is an MRU list, it should be named correspondingly. (2) A true History, with dates and times, would be much more useful - especially combined with a kill list for sites visited too frequently. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.126 Safari/533...

save history of web-forms when moving forward and backwards in browser history
Name: Email: fredrikdotvollanatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: save history of web-forms when moving forward and backwards in browser history Comments: Hi there. Having gone over to Firefox from MS IE, I must say I like the Firefox browser, however there's one nagging issue I have with Firefox, a feature that is missing from MS IE and that is the saving of history on web-forms. When clicking the 'go back' button to return to the previous page, I'd wish that the information I had typed in on the previous page would still be there. I sincerely hope thi...

I once again cannot save my Google search preferences because Firefox will not allow me to use custom settings for history.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I once again cannot save my Google search preferences because Firefox will not allow me to use custom settings for history. Comments: I have reported this problem many times. How pathetic that a browser purported to be so good cannot make a simple fix that does not take all day to implement. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide o...

Firefox 3.5: WOW
Name: robert sourile Email: bob55127atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5: WOW - BUT Clearing Browser History now erases all my saved cookies, too. Comments: Firefox 3.5: WOW! - BUT: clearing browser history now erases all my saved cookies as well. GRRR! Is there a getaround move that i can use to clear history without having to re-set my "good cookies" every time? Thanks for your help. little canada MN Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.m...

SEARCH BAR HISTORY (browsing history)
Name: Pompiliu (ROMANIA) Product: Firefox Summary: SEARCH BAR HISTORY (browsing history) Comments: Hello I can't figure it out on what basis the addresses that I type in the address bar are restored. Sometimes I find in that list addresses that I didn't typed but that there were external links from other sites. It's a mess and I can't control it, add what I want or delete them. This wasn't a problem for the previous version of mozilla. Maybe you could do something to get back to what it was. Thank you for your time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows;...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

Firefox 3.5: WOW
Name: robert sourile Email: bob55127atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5: WOW - BUT Clearing Browser History now erases all my saved cookies, too. Comments: (Firefox 3.5: WOW - BUT Clearing Browser History now erases all my saved cookies, too.) DISREGARD DISREGARD DISREGARD (Time right now: 15:27:43, 02JUL09) FIREFOX -- PLEASE DISREGARD THE MESSAGE I SENT YOU ABOUT THIS A FEW MINUTES AGO. I've done what i should have done at first, and have read your History Setup more closely. Sorree - Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

saved form and search history and autoCompleteExtender
I am using an autoCompleteExtender and the problem is: when I have submitted a value, the next time I start typing the same letters not only the autocomplete extender gives me suggestions but my browser will also give the suggestion I typed before. The suggestion of the browser is above the suggestions of the autocomplete extender and is really a pain in the ass. I want to be able to disable this without touching my browser settings. Selecting and/or reading the first 2 items of my autocompleteextender is really though when my browser shows its own suggestions above the autocompleteex...

Saved Form and Search history editor
Name: David clark Email: daclark9atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Saved Form and Search history editor Comments: We use Firefox at work and the history list speeds up our work a lot, however there are some boxes that are getting polluted with random things. It takes a lot of time to shift+del values and needs to be re-done frequently. It would be nice to have a "saved history editor" that we could say bring up with a right click on a text box. I imagine this editor allowing me to control what values come up first for a particular text box (like top 5 entri...

Importing FF2 history, form-history, passwords ....
I installed FF3 separately and created a new profile for it. I am installing the extensions I want to that profile. I would also like to have all my old FF2 history, form-history, passwords and cookies (anything else?). I imported my FF2 bookmarks since they were in an html file, but I see no way to import the old .dat files and signons.txt (for passwords?). How do I get FF3 to import all of that stuff into the new sqlite format? -- ***************************** Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Nothing he's got he really needs Twenty fir...

Clearing form history even though the option is set to keep form history
Name: Kelly Werner Product: Firefox Summary: Clearing form history even though the option is set to keep form history Comments: The new version of Firefox is not holding form history, even though in the Tools>Options>Privacy>Settings> Form and Search History and Cookies are unchecked. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the...

Web resources about - Option to start firefox with no Browsing History, Download History, Saved Form and Search History, Cache, Cookies, saved passwords, authenticated sessions. - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Authenticated encryption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Authenticated Encryption ( AE ) or Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data ( AEAD ) is a block cipher mode of operation which simultaneously ...

Google Spam Report (Authenticated) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
When you are logged into Google Webmaster Central, you can report any site that is spamming the SERPs through this tool. Post at Does Google ...

Authenticated electricity: Sony power outlets will charge you for charging
Sony is building a new kind of power outlet that raises a not entirely pleasant prospect—in the future, plugging a phone into a public wall socket ...

MLB Authenticated Game-Used Base Bar Stool
Like. From The Green Head: "If you love America's favorite pastime, now you can sit on an actual piece of it. These unique collectible bar stools ...

C-SPAN Moving to Authenticated TV Ch. Streaming
C-SPAN is launching a beta test of its migration of live online feeds of its TV channels—C-SPAN 1,2,3—to an authentication model starting Monday, ...

FDA "Corruption" Letter Authenticated: Lawyers, Start Your Engines!
The FDA's official recognition of the letter means that lawyers who want to use it to demonstrate that the FDA isn't perfect won't have to go ...

Buddy Rich's Authenticated and Complete 1960s Zildjian Cymbal Set Available on eBay for $29,995
Buddy Rich's complete 1960s Zildjian cymbal set is available for purchase on eBay. In the massive world of the Internet, anything is apparently ...

FileVault's authenticated restart has hardware requirements
If you use FileVault and wish to restart remotely, you can do so with the 'fdesetup' command; however, this does have some hardware limitations. ...

BREAKING: Michael Brown Audio Aired By CNN Authenticated
Video messaging service Glide has confirmed to the Washington Post the exact time and date the audio recording with gunshot sounds on it was ...

Sheriff: Brenham vet can't be charged with killing cat unless Facebook photo is authenticated
As a team investigated the image, the clinic where Kristen Lindsey worked said Friday that she'd been fired and condemned her post "in the strongest ...