Opening a "submit" or "search" button in a new tab

Name:    Maciek
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I can click on a link with a middle button of my mouse and it will open
in a new tab. It would be great if I could do it with buttons - for
example I could write names of the articles on Wikipedia in the search
field and click the 'go' button without the need to change tabs all the
time.

From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
1
Maciek

same "+" toolbar button for "open new tab" and "page Zoom"
How do I find which "toolbar customize" button icon has been put by which add-on, or was it built into basic ff? I am finding exactly same, identical "+" toolbar button for "open new tab" and also for "page Zoom". I got them from "customize" icon set. Whom to tell to make each button icon slight different. Are these built into ff, or some add-on might have put it. Thanks. -- Rawat On 9/29/2012 1:12 PM, V S Rawat gmoz wrote: > How do I find which "toolbar customize" button icon has been put by > which add...

shifting "open in new tab" and "open in new window" in firefox 2
Name: Markus Gr´┐Żrmann Email: randale-mail_at_gmx.de Product: Firefox Summary: shifting "open in new tab" and "open in new window" in firefox 2 Comments: Heyho! In firefox 2, opening new pages in a new tab instead of a new window is the standard setting. But ifyou right-click on a random link to open it either in a new window or a new tab, the option on top of the right-click-menu is "open in new window" you have to scroll down to open the link in a new tab. To support tabbed browsing as well as possible, the option to open links in a new tab s...

"Open", "Open in new window", "Open in new tab" are greyed-out after drag&drop operation
Name: Dmitriy Email: dadotivanovathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "Open", "Open in new window", "Open in new tab" are greyed-out after drag&drop operation Comments: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Drag&drop a bookmark from the Bookmarks Menu or Bookmarks Toolbar to the Tab bar. 2. Right-click on any bookmark (from the same folder, if darged from Menu, or from the visible part of Bookmarks Toolbar) Result: "Open", "Open in new window", "Open in new tab" are greyed-out Browser Details: Moz...

Tabs "Close button" & "new Button"
Hi, There is a CSS attribue ".tabs-closebutton" that create a close button for tabs, The https://developer.mozilla.org/En/XUL/Tabs indicate that it is possible to add new button by ".tabs-closebutton", but it doesn't work, any idea? <?xml version="1.0"?> <?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?> <?xml-stylesheet href="data:text/css, .tabs-closebutton { list-style-image: url(http://mozilla.org/favicon.ico); } " type="text/css"?> <window id="your...

new button "reload all" tabs and a "snapshot" button
Name: tbaracu Product: Firefox Summary: new button "reload all" tabs and a "snapshot" button Comments: 1) Sometimes you have many tabs opened and instead to access each one and to press "reload", "reload".... "reload" is better to have also a button called "reload all" + its combination key. You get refreshed all tabs then you can view all already refreshed 2) Will be good a "snapshot " button inside Firefox like in adobe reader, so that to select a window from a website and get a photo image of ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

concerning "New-Tab-Button" and "Tab-Close-Funktion"
Name: Sebastian Schwab [Germany/Deutschland] Email: derschwabiatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: concerning "New-Tab-Button" and "Tab-Close-Funktion" Comments: Hi guys. German version see below! Deutsche Fassung siehe weiter unten! FF 3.5 is very fast, e.g. You-Tube. Thats good! But the new-tab-button to the right of the right tab doesn't look very nice and is unneccessary. To open a new tab you have to click on a button which position is changing depending on the number of your current tabs. The standard-button is easier to find and clic...

"Rightclick+T" to "Open in new tab".
Name: Lars Email: larsdotwilatonlinedotno Product: Firefox Summary: "Rightclick+T" to "Open in new tab". Comments: This is a free software, so I am not complaining, just giving some feeback. In any web page, you can "right click + t". This is the fastest way to open a number of pages. However if you use "right click + t" on the bookmark tool bar, it will delete the bookmark. So it is inconsistence, becuase I use "right click + t" all the time, and when I use it in the bookmark toolbar, it delete the bookmark, and I ...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Flavio Serra Product: Firefox Summary: The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: I have to scroll with the mouse all to the right. it was easier with a button in the navigation toolbar. Easiest way is as MS Exlorer or Google Chrome (in my view). best regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you...

"Open a new tab" opens a blank page, not the "Home Page" setting
Name: Michael Kruse Email: Krushipatmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Open a new tab" opens a blank page, not the "Home Page" setting Comments: The "Open a new tab" mini-tab opens a "(untitled)" page, not the default setting, just as Ctrl-T opens an "(untitled)" page. Former versions opened the "Home page" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090616 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this...

"Move tab to new window" is wanted; "Open in new window" is faulty.
Name: Michael Email: keybounceatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Move tab to new window" is wanted; "Open in new window" is faulty. Comments: Right now, tabs in FF 3.5.2 have "Open in new window". What they need is "Move tab to new window". The problem? The page is fully reloaded from scratch. Not all pages can be reloaded. Even if it doesn't look like a PUT, not all GETs return the same page. Even when they do, it may result in a lot of re-processing of javascript, etc. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to ...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

Web resources about - Opening a "submit" or "search" button in a new tab - mozilla.feedback.firefox