My feedback on Firefox 2 latest stable and Firefox 3

Name:    Francois
Email:   tattva81atyahoodotfr
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Hi Mozilla people,

I must say I'm a huge Firefox Fan starting 1.0 release and I have
recommended many people around me to use Firefox during all these years,
the product was great, light-weight, fast and extremely reliable.

I happened to try Firefox 3 during 2 days but I couldn't bear using it
any more : Why ?
1. Insane loading time at startup (easily 3 and a half full minutes to
dare to start)
2. Add-ons that setup themselves without my consent by default : Where
is my privacy and my freedom of choice ?
3. Forced updates policy by default
4. Slowness & Violent Windows Resources usage : crashes ... very often
freezes on my system that is however a powerful, modern and clean PC
computer not doing anything else more than browsing a web page (I'm not
running nuclear simulations at the same time)
5. Lack of reliablity if system load is heavy and long
6. Frequent crashes on sites in ASPX/.NET language (Firefox crashed 5
times the same bug while I was shopping online ... I hope it was safe !)
7. Crashes with images not loading in pages (since when a browser should
hog all the system to grab all external data contained in a web page  at
any cost ? What about advertising networks loadings known for their very
low ping & lack of scalability ?)
8. Plenty of websites displaying perfect before FF 3 and now displaying
incorrectly western alphabet (usual text like US english or spanish or
german) and replacing it with kind of hieroglyph letters, unreadable

So after my terrible FF3 experience I am now back to FF2 that is stable
but still painfully slow, and I even consider coming back to FF1.5 that
my favourite version for its good speed, low system resource but almost
all perfect reliability and understanding of web standards.

Why? Because when I used back FF1.5 on very old laptop I realized
Mozilla sold me "Get Firefox 3 it's 3 times faster than Firefox 2". It
would rather stand "Get Firefox 3 it's 3 times slower and
computer-intensive than Firefox 1, but only 40% than Firefox 2".

I hope you'll get it better but I'm sorry to say I can't recommend any
more your good product because given the problems and the choices taken
since FF 2.1 (resources usage, slowness, complexity, data privacy
concerns) I doubt that FF 4 will be any better than FF 3 and that FF 3
will become a good choice.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Francois

Can I downgrade from Firefox 3 Beta 2 to Firefox 2 (latest release)
Hi, Since last 2 days I have been experiencing slow performance with Firefox 3 Beta 2 version. It just keeps spinning and the site never reloads or refreshes, making to impossible to work. So can I downgrade to Firefox 2 (latest release)? Will I lose anything or Firefox will keep all the settings and information? Thanks. ...

Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 Comments: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn Page Filled with the following everytime I go from eharmony to ebay: (1)*el_rrtaa15'rT_rrdiv16~m*(74)*44'340~m*(208)*42'338~m*(153)*39'334~m*(306)*39'334~mt*(113)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv15~mo*(0)*el_rrdiv15'rT_rrtaa15~m*(40)*72'340~mt*(16)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv16~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv16'rT_rrdiv15~m*(138)*114'359~mt*(24)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv17~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv17'rT_rrdiv16~mt*(25)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrtd21~mo*(48)*el_rrdiv19'...

Feedback on Firefox 3 beta 2 #2
Name: Yannick Email: Yannick19911athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback on Firefox 3 beta 2 Comments: Hi there! I think the short way to downloads still is missing. (ctrl+y) Best Regards Yannick Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 "Yannick" wrote... > > I think the short way to downloads still is missing. (ctrl+y) > > Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 That shortcut is...

firefox 3 beta 2 feedback #2
Name: Anil Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 beta 2 feedback Comments: We (multiple people) don't like the drop down list that comes up when we type the URL in the URL field at the top. Its very odd looking. It takes up too much space and too much text/graphics, its hard to read what exactly is being shown. I liked the old behavior. Just some feedback... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback #2
Name: John Miller Email: gladasnubben2atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback Comments: I think its nice good luck with making it better ;) a site it cant show very good: www.playahead.se when u login the navigating above is messed up :( Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Boff Email: mwaboffatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: I like the layout of the toolbars, seems more high-techy, if you understand what I mean. The spell check thing is also much more helpful than in Firefox 2. However I literally just downloaded the beta and three things I quickly noticed off the bat: In your History, you cannot right click a folder (i.e. "Today" or "Yesterday") and press delete, you can delete individual sites, but not entire folders. Second thing, when I started typing in a URL, I ...

Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback #3
Name: juhana hänninen Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback Comments: this is THE best firefox version i've ever seen keep it going.. i'm telling only the truth as you asked. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; fi; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: When doing the CTRL + F to find a word on the site, sometimes the bottom of the word stays in the search box after you delete the word, leaving little, sometimes annoying marks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 I dont like firefox 3 b 3 because there is no HOME button, there isnt even an option to put one in!!!! ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: ehhh, did you know that the back arrow and the forward arrow disappeared? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #2
Name: Paul Email: pavel_holecekatatlasdotcz Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 beta 3 feedback Comments: There some bugs I've found and some features I miss. Saving tabs when Firefox closes doesn't work I don't know why. I have closed Firefox and saved opened tabs. I started Firefox again and nothing happened. I wasn't able to find it nowhere in bookmarks. I have turned off saving history. Maybe it's connected with it. Bookmarks I miss option "Don't show in location bar auto-complete". I have a few bookmarks that are ...

The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2.
Name: User Email: peanutbutter685atyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2. Comments: The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3
Name: Pete Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3 Comments: When updated Firefox 2 to 1.0.0.12 and uninstalling previous version. It also removed Firefox 3 beta 3 from my computer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Going back from Firefox 3 to Firefox 2 #2
Name: Colin Klein Email: colink1946atwestnetdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Going back from Firefox 3 to Firefox 2 Comments: I hate the new URL bar with all the bookmarks and stars in it, and it sounds far to complicated to get rid of the bookmarks, and stars out of the URL bar, if there is no easy way to fix this I am going back to Firefox 2 as I absolutele hate Firefox 3. There are some sites which load alright on IE, but some of the text overlaps on Firefox used to fix this by decreasing the text size, but could see where to do that on Firefox 3. Regards Colin....

Web resources about - My feedback on Firefox 2 latest stable and Firefox 3 - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Newest Facebook Messenger For IOS Update Includes Feedback
... applications are coming fast and furious. Monday, Facebook announced an update to its Messenger for iOS devices that lets users give feedback ...

Thanks For Your Feedback
... Use Policy, Statement of Rights and Responsibilities Take Effect by Erin Egan, Chief Privacy Officer, Policy Thank you for providing feedback ...

Using Feedback to Shape Distribution

Facebook asks users for feedback on News Feed, On This Day feature
Facebook constantly wants to know how users feel about features. AllFacebook recently noticed that Facebook is polling users on their News Feed ...

Taxi industry’s epic social media fail in request for passenger feedback - HeraldSun Search Search
IT is being dubbed a social media disaster — the taxi industry has been given #epicfail for asking taxi passengers to tell the industry about ...

'It's good to get some constructive feedback': Malcolm Turnbull shrugs off party ridicule
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has tried to laugh off the awkwardness of a Liberal Party meeting on Saturday, where he was laughed at by party ...

Site Issues and Feedback

ZTE Takes Consumer Feedback to Heart and Adds Two New Axon Smartphones to Lineup
ZTE USA, the fourth largest smartphone supplier in the U.S. and second largest in the no-contract market*, today announced two new additions ...