MSI installer

Name:    Will Backman
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I'm sure many have asked, but I'll add to the pile....
Are there plans for a MSI installer?  Deploying to 800 machines at our
school would be a lot easier.
Thanks for such a great product.

From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Will

How to include 2 installers(msi) in one installer(msi)?
I have made two installers for two different applications ie. msi files. Now I want to make a single .msi file which  installs these two applications. Any help is appreciated. Regards Regards,N@vEeD Kh@N You can create a master MSI then executes the 2 other MSIs.  Currently I am doing the way you suggested. It will install the things.But how the uninstall will performed.If the user uninstall the mater Setup then it should uninstall the child installers too.How this will work? Regards,N@vEeD Kh@N here is a Good Articlehttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Ins...

Need feedback to install firefox in my computer
Name: Zully A. Weidisch Email: zweidischatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Need feedback to install firefox in my computer Comments: I need support to install fire fox in my computer... Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6; SIMBAR={795BCC81-27BA-491D-A1F5-FF17B07F9982}; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide on...

Firefox installation over existing firefox
Name: David May Email: daviddotmayataffiliatewindowdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox installation over existing firefox Comments: I noticed that when you have an existing version of Firefox on a PC and you install your new Firefox 3.0.1 over it the browser opens and it informs the user that they have updated Firefox but informs the user that they seem to be running a different version rather than the version 3. The address bar reads: http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0.1/whatsnew/ but as mentioned the screen says different, in this case i have: &qu...

Installed Beta Firefox 3.6 yesterday, Firefox 3.5.5 installed itself at boot up today.
Name: Jim Allan Email: jdotallanatcalistodotdemondotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Installed Beta Firefox 3.6 yesterday, Firefox 3.5.5 installed itself at boot up today. Comments: Following advice re a 3 minute delay in Firefox 3.5.5 opening, I installed Firefox beta 3.6 yesterday. On booting up today I got an on screen message that Firefox had been upgraded. On checking I find that my version has returned to 3.5.5. And it still took 3 minutes to open initially! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 GTB5...

MSI Installer needed so Firefox can be easily deployed
Name: Ben P Product: Firefox Summary: MSI Installer needed so Firefox can be easily deployed Comments: Hello, If an MSI installer was available I know that I would be able to deploy Firefox to about 1000 desktops. Likewise, I know of three other admins wanting official MSI's. Hopefully you will get this on the roadmap. Thanks Ben Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this...

(1) MSI installs to my local "web" (2) config problems (3) strange VS installer while creating MSI
Thanks for any help on the following three issues:(1) When I put the MSI that I generated on my FTP server, it tries to install to the virtual web directory from whence it came on my local machine. (2) I then put a copy of the project directory on the web server. When I ran some of the controls on the first page, I received errors (see below) possibly having to do with web.config, but the description is so vague it's hard for me to tell. I did as I understood the instructions below but I'd appreciate resources. All references to deploying projects didn't ...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 Automatic Update installation in Limited User account auto up-date installation bug (previously reported in earlier FireFox versions)
Name: Dave, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 Automatic Update installation in Limited User account auto up-date installation bug (previously reported in earlier FireFox versions) Comments: The bug already discussed at length in Bug Reports 374900, 370280, 303595, 340535 and perhaps others, still exists in FireFox version 2.0.0.4. While operating FireFox from a Limited User account in Windows XP, SP2, I received the message from the FireFox up-dater that the 2.0.0.4 up-date had been downloaded and FireFox needed to be restarted. Fool that I am...

Install Firefox on WinXP without installer
Hi, I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have administrator's rights. Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox that i can get similar to the Linux version ? Thanks Firefox Installer wrote: > Hi, > > I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have > administrator's rights. Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox that i can > get similar to the Linux version ? > > Thanks > > I don't see any zip builds for FF 1.5 or 1.5.0.1 on the Mozilla FTP site. ftp.mozilla.org Irwin ...

FireFox updates do not install when Firefox is in your startup
Name: John Chase Email: jchaseatproctorconsultdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox updates do not install when Firefox is in your startup Comments: Firefox always start up at booting. However, when you have a FireFox update, not an add-on or such, it does install as it senses that that browser has two running. Not the case. When I take it out of the Windows Startup they install automatically. Not a big deal, except sometimes I have gone to the website and manually downloaded the next version. Maybe a Bug? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en...

Windows install overwrites old Firefox installation
Name: g. eagle Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Windows install overwrites old Firefox installation Comments: The release notes for Firefox 3 RC1 say that under Windows it will install in a new directory. I did a default install of RC1 on 2 machines and in both cases it overwrote Firefox ver 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

MSI installer only installs aspx and web config
hiya, I created an MSI installer prog at home last night and installed at the  office today.It only installed: 1) aspx 2) web config etc. It didn't install the code behind or the solution files.(I had wanted to work on the project today)I assume that I can't somehow alter the MSI so that it installs ALL the files?(obviously, all the source code and solution files are at home)Do I have to wait till I get home tonight and "recreate " the MSI, so that it installs  all the files? Can someone confirm / deny? many thanks, yogibuy an old van and drive round oz. hiy. OK, ...

FireFox -update- installed over FireFox Beta (links)
Name: John McMillan Email: SpamAtMeatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox -update- installed over FireFox Beta (links) Comments: In the past 35 hours I've had two updates: the first installed a FireFox update. That was fine except it overwrote my FF3 BETA -- my default browser. [By "overwrote" I mean the links and default browser appeared to now be the regular FF, updated, instead of the FF3-beta.] Just this morning, an FF-beta3 update arrived. It overwrote (in the same sense) the previous default/links; now I'm back to where I wanted to b...

Firefox installation instructions do not describe install procedure.
Name: Tom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox installation instructions do not describe install procedure. Comments: Hey, Firefox is a great browser, but on download into Kubuntu linux O/S it did not install. When I read the installation instructions on the Firefox site they spoke of something other than how to install. It would be helpfull if linux instructions were offered in a manner that assumes new users are being educated on these products. We have reached a crossroads for operating systems, if we can educate and simplify use linux shall prevail. Thanks Browser Det...

When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine.
Name: James R McMillan Product: Firefox Summary: When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine. Comments: Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...