I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF

Name:    mike
Email:   m_salantatyahoodotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
And the resulting PDF is a mess, it cannot be opened, and it gives no
indication of damage until you try to open it.  In other words, after
crashing and restarting firefox several times, one can be left with a
number of PDFs that are absolutely CRAP (one for each crash).

There is a crash reporter which analyses this, but I am not a techie;
parsing complaints seem to be a recurring problem.  Firefox seems very
very brittle, touchy, unforgiving.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092414 Firefox/3.0.3
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
mike

Mike: I am not able to reproduce this crash on my PPC machine. Do you
have any extensions installed and does it happen in safe mode?

On Oct 7, 8:55=A0am, mike <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote:
> Name: =A0 =A0mike
> Email: =A0 m_salantatyahoodotcom
> Product: Firefox
..3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF

> Comments:
> And the resulting PDF is a mess, it cannot be opened, and it gives no
> indication of damage until you try to open it. =A0In other words, after
> crashing and restarting firefox several times, one can be left with a
> number of PDFs that are absolutely CRAP (one for each crash).
>
> There is a crash reporter which analyses this, but I am not a techie;
> parsing complaints seem to be a recurring problem. =A0Firefox seems very
> very brittle, touchy, unforgiving.
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:=
1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092414 Firefox/3.0.3
> From URL:http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
>
> Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedb=
ack
> but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them =
> see it.

0
firefoxenthusiast

Firefox 3.0.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 (and other, earlier Mac OS versions as well)
Name: merrick Burkhardt Email: merrickatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 (and other, earlier Mac OS versions as well) Comments: Sadly, Firefox is awful on every Mac I've tried it on. I have a PC as well, and I love Firefox, it's the only browser I use on the PC. On my Macs, however... horrid. Speed is the main issue. Compatibility, etc, is fine. Launching FF takes ages. I can literally launch the same 2 home pages on FF and Safari by starting the apps fresh, and I will have loaded the page, then clicked and gone at least one new ...

Updated to Firefox 3.5.3, but version still lists as 3.5.2 (Mac OS X 10.4.11 on G4)
.. . . After upgrading to 3.5.3 (and doing a browser-menu Help>Release Notes opening a tab showing it's 3.5.3), I find the computer's hierarchical listing of applications still shows version 3.5.2, and selecting its icon for a command-get info brings a window identifying it as version 3.5.2. I can't find any other version of Firefox with a later installation date or in a different location on the computer, a 512mb-RAM 1.33GHz Power PC G4 5-yr.-old Mac mini with OS X 10.4.11 (the highest allowed on a non-Intel Mac). Why won't the listing show the current version num...

Firefox crashes without warning = using Vista Premium and Firefox 3.0.11, started in 3.0.10
Name: Ian Gribble Email: iangribbleatbigponddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox crashes without warning = using Vista Premium and Firefox 3.0.11, started in 3.0.10 Comments: as in summary - when reporting from Error Summary page there is no indication of successful report. Fire fox is a great product, this crashing started in v 3.0.10, I have not installed any new software. Firefox restarts OK with prior session - more annoying than fatal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) ...

RE Firefox 3.0 and versions of Mac OS X.3
Name: Brenda Bouschard Email: DoubleB10atcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: RE Firefox 3.0 and versions of Mac OS X.3 Comments: I am concerned about the transition that is to happen in 12-2008, when Mozilla Firefox will no longer be supported in the Mac OS X.3 versions. It is my understanding that current versions of Firefox will cease, and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 will be the only availability. What do you plan to do about Mac users OS X.3 (and even previous versions of Mac.) I particularly enjoy your browsers and use them quite often; however, I have no intentions of upgra...

can't downlooad files in firefox 3.0.4 on mac OS 10.4.11
Name: denis levesque Email: levesquedotdnatvideotrondotca Product: Firefox Summary: can't downlooad files in firefox 3.0.4 on mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: I need an answer, especially not tell me to look in the forum ....ok!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox has lost ability to open *.pdf files in last 2-3 versions of Firefox 3.5
Name: Diane Reifschneider Email: dreifschneideratdcdotrrdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox has lost ability to open *.pdf files in last 2-3 versions of Firefox 3.5 Comments: Firefox 3.5.x (x=earlier versions) used to open *.pdf files inside the Firefox window. However, with these latest 2-3 versions, a flaw has been built into the Firefox browser and now, whenever I click on any *.pdf hyperlink, whether directly from Google search results or clicking on any *.pdf file hyperlink embedded within any website, all that happens is a new blank tab or window opens, then nothi...

Firefox 3.0.10 RSS feeds displayed with >> overlap Firefox window at screen bottom
Name: Tom Email: auenratioatverizondotnet Product: Other (please state) Summary: Firefox 3.0.10 RSS feeds displayed with >> overlap Firefox window at screen bottom Comments: RSS feeds displayed with >> overlap the size of the Firefox browser and coverup the Kubuntu menu at the bottom of the screen. The extent of the expansion of the RSS feed display should not use the screensize for how much it displays, but rather should strive to display within the size of the Firefox browser window and thus not overlap and coverup the items of the OS menu at the bottom of the ...

How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4
After I updated to firefox 3.0.4 I could no longer connect to the internet. Says server not found. Tried several web sites, including google and yahoo. It appears that the problem is with zonealarm firewall. If I turn off the firewall, the pages load. However, zonealarm normaly would ask me to allow it to connect to the internet. But is not since asking me about firefox, just blocking it. Never had that problem before. So while I figure that out, just like to go back to 3.0.3 Thanks for any help I can get. On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate ca...

Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (german) confusing menues with Shared Menus of URLManager Pro
Name: Kara Email: karameatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (german) confusing menues with Shared Menus of URLManager Pro Comments: If I use automatic starting of URLManager Pro 3.4.5 on Mac OSX 10.4.11 with the help of Shared Menus Component menue of Firefox 3 becomes confusing. With each click step after step menue items doubled. After a while FF3 crashes. With FF2 there was no problems. I know SharedMenus is not a stable piece of software, but I love its fuctionality. Kara Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10...

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

Upgrade from Firefox version 1.x.x to Firefox ver 3.0 is not smooth
Name: Shyam Thimmaiah Email: tshyam10atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Upgrade from Firefox version 1.x.x to Firefox ver 3.0 is not smooth Comments: Hello, Today I succefully updated my firfox browser from version 1.x.x to version 3.0. However, I noticed some glitches which could be really bothersome for non-technical people. What did not work: 1) I launched my firfox version 1.x.x. browser 2) went to www.firefox.com 3) Tried to install new version 3.0 4) The program tried to save exe files to a folder instead of running, then came some cleanup window messag...

Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3, Windows 2000
Name: Dan Email: irixdudeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3, Windows 2000 Comments: Hello, I am absolutely loving Firefox 3.0. However I am only able to run it on Windows 2000 as my other office computers are Macs running OS X 10.3. Why is 10.3 not supported? A large number of newspaper, ad, and other publishing offices have a great deal of computers running NT 4 (which is no longer supported), Windows 2000 (which I hope will be supported in Firefox 4), and Mac OS X 10.3 (which isn't supported but I sure wish it was). I can understand no...

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

freeTextBox editor(version: 3.1.6.34851) not working in Firefox(version: 3.0.4)
 Hi,Am usiing freeTextBox editor(version: 3.1.6.34851) in my application.Am loading div contents to freeTextBox  editor from javascript using 'sethtml' property, for eg: FTB_API['ctl00_FreeTextBox1'].SetHtml(dvLiveHolyLand.innerHTML);It is working fine in IE. But not working in Firefox(version: 3.0.4).I checked in firefox 2.0 and there also its fine. Can anyone suggest solution..Thanks in advanse Arathi  How about you email the people that actually code it?Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn Hi arathi In this scenario, I would l...

Web resources about - I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF - mozilla.feedback.firefox