French Dictionary support broken in Firefox 3.5 (amongst other extensions)

Why does Mozilla break lots of addons/extensions with every new
"improved" release ? With 3.5 there is no French dictionary that works
anymore. Hey, French is a major language. Isn't language support
essential for a browser ? Mozilla should:
a) Write the rules for addons so that they are not broken when you
update
b) Provide basic language support for the world's principal languages

I have seen others complain about this, but obviously it is not a high
priority for Mozilla. It should be because this is a major defect that
will cause people to switch browsers.
0
Alan
7/3/2009 8:30:43 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On Jul 3, 4:30=A0am, Alan H <alan.he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why does Mozilla break lots of addons/extensions with every new
> "improved" release ? With 3.5 there is no French dictionary that works
> anymore. Hey, French is a major language. Isn't language support
> essential for a browser ? Mozilla should:
> a) Write the rules for addons so that they are not broken when you
> update
> b) Provide basic language support for the world's principal languages
>
> I have seen others complain about this, but obviously it is not a high
> priority for Mozilla. It should be because this is a major defect that
> will cause people to switch browsers.

I was using HunSpell and it is broken in 3.5. I need a new version.
HELP!
0
Jacques
7/4/2009 4:02:33 PM
On Jul 4, 12:02=A0pm, Jacques <jacques...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 4:30=A0am, Alan H <alan.he...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why does Mozilla break lots of addons/extensions with every new
> > "improved" release ? With 3.5 there is no French dictionary that works
> > anymore. Hey, French is a major language. Isn't language support
> > essential for a browser ? Mozilla should:
> > a) Write the rules for addons so that they are not broken when you
> > update
> > b) Provide basic language support for the world's principal languages
>
> > I have seen others complain about this, but obviously it is not a high
> > priority for Mozilla. It should be because this is a major defect that
> > will cause people to switch browsers.
>
> I was using HunSpell and it is broken in 3.5. I need a new version.
> HELP!

Idem de mon cot=E9!
0
OpusTerra
7/5/2009 3:07:21 PM
On Jul 5, 11:07=A0am, OpusTerra <opuste...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 4, 12:02=A0pm, Jacques <jacques...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 3, 4:30=A0am, Alan H <alan.he...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Why does Mozilla break lots of addons/extensions with every new
> > > "improved" release ? With 3.5 there is no French dictionary that work=
> > > anymore. Hey, French is a major language. Isn't language support
> > > essential for a browser ? Mozilla should:
> > > a) Write the rules for addons so that they are not broken when you
> > > update
> > > b) Provide basic language support for the world's principal languages
>
> > > I have seen others complain about this, but obviously it is not a hig=
> > > priority for Mozilla. It should be because this is a major defect tha=
> > > will cause people to switch browsers.
>
> > I was using HunSpell and it is broken in 3.5. I need a new version.
> > HELP!
>
> Idem de mon cot=E9!

pareil ici
0
apb
7/17/2009 2:02:46 AM
Dictionnaire HunSpell en Fran=E7ais (r=E9forme 1990)

Solutions here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/reviews/display/3445

Download  FF3.5.1 compatible versions :
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/3445#version-2.1

0
fowl

Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 Comments: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn Page Filled with the following everytime I go from eharmony to ebay: (1)*el_rrtaa15'rT_rrdiv16~m*(74)*44'340~m*(208)*42'338~m*(153)*39'334~m*(306)*39'334~mt*(113)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv15~mo*(0)*el_rrdiv15'rT_rrtaa15~m*(40)*72'340~mt*(16)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv16~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv16'rT_rrdiv15~m*(138)*114'359~mt*(24)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv17~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv17'rT_rrdiv16~mt*(25)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrtd21~mo*(48)*el_rrdiv19'...

Firefox 3.1 extensions are incompatibile with Firefox 3.5 RC
Name: Philip Gust Email: gustatacmdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.1 extensions are incompatibile with Firefox 3.5 RC Comments: The following extensions that worked with Firefox 3.1 are incompatible with Firefox 3.5: Norton IPS 1.0 Norton Toolbar 3.5 RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin 1.0 Testing compatibility requires testing these extensions prior to release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090616 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response...

Firefox 3.5.6 and Firefox 3.5.7
Name: Herbert Kuipers Email: herbertdotkuipersatt-onlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.6 and Firefox 3.5.7 Comments: Hello people, I have been a tall fan of the Firefox for years. But you have worked again, that I back on the version Is been for 3.5.5. Although I have reported already twice, it is for you into this one Not succeeded versions 3.5.6 and 3.5.7 that these weaving radio tool bar radio de tool bar works and these again. Perhaps you succeed in the version 3.5.8. And so long I will use the version 3.5.5 so that, furthermore I surf listen to ...

UEGENT
Name: Jerry Ward Email: jerrydotward686atcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: UEGENT - I need to re install Firefox 3.0x not 3.5 due to I need F5 network support which isnt supported by 3.5 Comments: How can I re installed version 3.0X? I cant find it on your web site. Thanks for any help. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC ...

When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine.
Name: James R McMillan Product: Firefox Summary: When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine. Comments: Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3.5 not Compatible with ThinkVantage 3.01 and computer crash during installation of Firefox 3.5
Name: Laura Henderson Email: ILauraHendersonatGMaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 not Compatible with ThinkVantage 3.01 and computer crash during installation of Firefox 3.5 Comments: I updated my Lenovo T61 Laptop with Firefox 3.5. During the process my computer crashed. When I then restarted the computer (for the crash and for the completion of my update, I received a window that stated that: "The following add-ons are not compatible with Firefox and have been disabled: ThinkVantage Password Manager 3.5. While I do not know if the crash that occurre...

Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5
Name: DHIEGO RODRIGUES Email: arcanjodhathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5 Comments: O navegador foi o pior dos firefox que eu já experimentei, está travando, ficou mais lento não tem temas que funcionam. Se a versão nova está tão ruim o que houve para vocês liberarem? Confio no seu navegador há 05 (cinco) anos só utilizo o firefox por favor corrijam os problemas não gosto do explorer a pesar de ter o explorer 8 instalado sempre preferi o firefox e com o tema aero fox...

Minimize FireFox 3.5 to trayicon
Name: Jose Miguel García Murcia Email: joseatlyonsoftdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Minimize FireFox 3.5 to trayicon - Minimizar Firefox 3.5 como trayicon Comments: Hello. Firefox 3.0 could minimize to trayicon with a componet. The newest version (3.5) can't. I think this is worse. -- Hola. Firefox 3.0 podía minimizarse como un trayicon mediante un componente. La nueva versión (3.5) no es capaz de hacerlo. Yo pienso que esto es peor. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-ES; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL...

Not able to access Yahoo E-mail with Firefox-3.5 or Firefox-3.5.1
Name: Steven DuChene Email: tevendatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Not able to access Yahoo E-mail with Firefox-3.5 or Firefox-3.5.1 Comments: I am running Firefox-3.5 on Fedora9 x86_64 and I am not able to access my Yahoo E-mail. If I access the same Yahoo E-mail page from another Linux system running Firefox-3.0.4 it works fine. I can login but when I get to the point where I click on the link to take me to my Inbox the cursor spins for a while but ultimately it does not take me into my Inbox. If I then click on the link for the Inbox a second time nothing at all ...

Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox
Name: James Yost Email: mrpersonatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox Comments: In previous versions of Firefox there was slight AppleScript support. Version 3 has broken what remained (i.e. properties of window n). The Macintosh community would welcome more AppleScript support - At least a "do javascript" command from AppleScript would help a great deal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http...

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

Firefox 3.1 becoming Firefox 3.5
As was discussed at the delivery meeting yesterday, we're proposing to change the version number of Shiretoko from 3.1 to 3.5. The increase in scope represented by TraceMonkey and Private Browsing, plus the sheer volume of work that's gone into everything from video and layout to places and the plugin service make it a larger increment than we believe is reasonable to label ".1". 3.5 will help set expectations better about the amount of awesome that's packed into Shiretoko, and we expect uptake help from that as well. It's important to note that 3.5 repre...

Firefox 3.5 vs. Firefox 3.1
Dear Mozilla team, I have got just one question: I have seen that you talk [1] about version 3.1 of Firefox and the successing version 4.0, what about your plans to call the successor of Version 3.0 Firefox 3.5 as it was described on the figure [2] (from the roadmap wiki page: [3]) you have planned the version 3.5 to be based on Gecko 1.9.1.x Have you already decided how to call this version 3.1 or 3.5, I hope you also want to avoid the version number chaos like with the versions 1.1 1.4 1.5 ... I think it will be better to use the number 3.5 instead of 3.1 if it will be necessary t...

Update to FireFox 3.5.3 disables FireFox!
Name: Phillip Bugg Email: phillip_buggatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Update to FireFox 3.5.3 disables FireFox! Comments: I am having trouble with FireFox 3.5.3. I download and install and sometimes it works, but after it loads a security update it is unable to connect to the internet. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times thinking the problems was with my computer, but apparently there is an incompatibility somewhere in the system. My computer is an HP desktop running Vista Ultimate (64bit) OS. I believe it may also be causing other problems ...

Web resources about - French Dictionary support broken in Firefox 3.5 (amongst other extensions) - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Google Chrome extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to build the extensions which requires different code and skills for each extension. Extensions can be created through use of web technologies ...

Burundi unrest: 7 killed in violence related to president's extension of his time in power - CTV News ...
Seven more people were killed in Burundi's capital in violence associated with turmoil over President Pierre Nkurunziza's extension of his term ...

Skype iPhone & iPad app gets improved sharing with iOS extension
Skype for iPhone and iPad gets an update today to version 6.8 and with it comes new features for sharing content in the app. With the update, ...

HC.Gov extension to 12/17
Via Charles Gaba at ACASIGNUPS.net: “Because of the unprecedented demand and volume of consumers contacting our call center or visiting HealthCare.gov, ...

Solar & Wind Tax Credit Extensions Big Boost To Solar & Wind Growth
The US Government has approved an additional five years for the Investment Tax Credit and Production Tax Credit, benefiting wind and solar developers. ...

‘Dance Moms’ Star Abby Lee Miller Threatens Exit From Upcoming Season; Seeks Extension In Legal Battle ...
The Dance Moms host seems to be fighting two different wars on two separate fronts, both of which could possibly see Abby Lee Miller on TV a ...

Solar ITC extension will halt installation rush in the US and stabilize global PV market growth, says ...
The US House of Representatives passed an amendment to extend the solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) on December 16. The extension, which is part ...

Block all 'Star Wars' spoilers with this Chrome extension
If you won't be able to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens on the day it comes out, you're going to have a tough time dodging spoilers on the internet. ...

Free App Friday: 5 Great Time-Saving Chrome Extensions
Whip Gmail into shape, decrease load times, stay focused, and more. You spend almost all day in a browser, yes? Might as well get some work ...

Solar Stocks Surge As Congress Leans Toward Extension Of Investment Tax Credit
The sun is shining on the solar power industry, especially utility scale solar. Over the past several months, the solar sector has struggled ...