Firefox won't load; can't get it to work!

Name:    Robbie
Email:   torocityatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I'm running Windows 7, and I can't get Firefox 3.6 to work.  I get the
following message when I try to run it:

We're sorry.  Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore
your tabs and windows when it restarts.  To help us diagnose and fix
the problem, you can send us a crash report.

I've tried to reinstall, to run in Safe Mode, and to do the dozens of
things suggested on the Internet, but I can't run Firefox in Standard
Mode. Since I'm loading Firefox for the first time on this computer I
don't have any add-ons or plug ins that i know about.

Apparently this is a problem a lot of people have experienced, and it's
gone on for a LONG time based on my Internet searches. There's also a
lot of frustration from people who want to use Firefox but can't
because Mozilla isn't offering solutions.  I've sent several error
reports with a request to contact me with a solution, but I've heard
nothing.  I'm hoping you've come solution or a compatible version of
Firefox, and that you'll let me (and apparently thousands of others)
know what it is.

PLEASE e-mail a solution to me at torocity@gmail.com  Many thanks for
your help with this!

Robbie
Durham, NC

Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Robbie

I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until recently. Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache? I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy) Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern matters Using about:cache Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB Offline cache device Number of entries: 0 Maximum storage size: 512000 KiB Storage in use: 0 KiB Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d9ws2fua.default\OfflineCache Checking that general folder area, There is a \profiles\xxccvv\cache folder - ITS EMPTY, even after visiting several ebay links Using about:cache?device=memory Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB using about:cache?device=disk Information about the Cache Service No Other response on the screen for this attempt Using...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

Name: Ed Leech Email: ELCraftatzoominternetdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I? Comments: I am getting frusted with all the emails coming in that I do not want, I am using the tools to get thme out but they keep coming. They just use different names or whatever. I have been thinking of just switching to something else but my business intrusts know this email and it is tooo confusing to change. Every time I go out of town on business I can get me emails. If I switch to yahoo.com I can get into yahoo from anywhere but not THunderbird.If I am wrong please let me know. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore...
Name: Stephen Email: retrodotrevivalathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... Comments: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... the addons menu is blank with all weird buttons on the button, and all my addons i cant get to but some still are there like my google toolbar but it won't show in addons, and some buttons are in the navagation toolbar. i will have to uninstall if you can't help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

why I won't (can't) use firefox 3
Name: Christopher Olinde Email: agricolaeatverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: why I won't (can't) use firefox 3 Comments: I'm running windows vista on an HP desktop. I keep getting suggestions to upgrade to firefox 3. I tried, and it was a great mistake. It conflicted with my AVG program (I think) and I could not even uninstall either program. I was almost forced into a Recovery. Also, it will not work properly with Microsoft media player--I don't really like anything having to do with Bill Gates, but some of these programs are necessary to acces...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer
Name: ken reid Email: kreidatfdainfodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer Comments: Hi I have been using Thunderbird and Firefox for at least seven years. I do not like Outlook or Internet Explorer. However, I had to sync my PDA phone today with Outlook and now I can't open Firefox at all. I get an error that says: <window ID="main window" V I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times, but it wont open. Thunderbird is fine and the box for Outlook and Internet explorer bei...

Why do I get the messages that FireFox can't open this or that it dosen't know how?
Name: joseph kuhns Email: josephdotkuhnsatusdotarmydotmil Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I get the messages that FireFox can't open this or that it dosen't know how? Comments: What's the problem with firefox now?? I open an email with links and firefox can't open them. I have to close it down and reload with Internet Explorer, What gives?? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this fe...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled #2
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Firefox 4 beta doesn't work very well + couldn't sign up for Firefox Sync
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 4 beta doesn't work very well + couldn't sign up for Firefox Sync Comments: Having installed Firefox Home on my iPod touch, I was prompted to install Firefox Sync on my desktop computer. That led to downloading the Firefox 4 beta. First, I attempted to set up Firefox Sync. Unfortunately, every single e-mail address I tried resulted in an "invalid e-mail address" error message, thus preventing me from continuing. Then, I attempted to get more information on the Firefox 4 beta web page. Unfortunately, none of the li...

Can't get around this problem, Can't load
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/5bin.sun4/perl: fatal: relocation error: file /home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: symbol Perl_no_modify: referenced symbol not found at /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 206, <BOM> line 5362. at (eval 1) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 3, <BOM> line 536...

Won't work: Keep getting "can't retrieve your data" messages
Name: scott Product: eBay Companion Summary: Won't work: Keep getting "can't retrieve your data" messages Comments: Install was fine, but every time I click the Connect to eBay in the sidebar, and after filling in my ID and PW in a new tab, a drop down message says "The eBay Companion is not able to retrieve your data. Please try to connect again." It's done that 4 times. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Firefox can't open from URL on other App, can't shut down.
Until now, I had been using Firefox v1.0.2. Beginning yesterday, it became impossible to open a browser by clicking on a URL in either Polarbar Mailer or Pronews/2. There was one exception to this, at a time when there was no open Firefox window at all, when clicking on a URL did open a browser; that never happened if a Firefox window was already open. Shutting down Firefox in the usual way is now also impossible, unless it is done before much activity has taken place in the browser (only after a period of activity in the browser do these symptoms occur). It is possible to ...

portal.nlm won't load, so remote manager won't work...
Can't get any joy out of RM. This is on a 6.5 server with SP2 installed (though it says 5.7 SP1 at the end of boot...). Non-default stuff applied is MySQL and Veritas Backup Exec. Looking at the diocs it says portal.nlm must be loaded, but this isn't loading, saying it's UNRESOLVED I reordered the autoexec.ncf as per TID 10082078 Same thing happens on http-8008 or https-8009. Apache is working okay, I can get the basic server web welcome page. Any clues as to how I can get portal.nlm to load? Thanks, Pete. -- Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net p.j.clinch@dundee.ac.uk http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/ Peter, Try loading portal.nlm, then go to the logger screen and see what public symbols its complaing about. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) Hamish wrote: > Try loading portal.nlm, then go to the logger screen and see what public > symbols its complaing about. Hi Hamish, thanks for getting back on this... message is that GetLogicalSpaceInfo is the problem so, any suggestions for what next? A quick search of the Novell support site didn't turn up anything about it :-( Pete. -- Peter Clinch ...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back
Name: Jean Everett Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back Comments: Not sure if I'm sending this to the right place, but all other options were far too confusing and time-consuming for me to work with (I'm a botanist, not a computer (insert polite word for geek). I maintain very simple Netscape Composer webpages for the courses I teach (here's one: http://www.cofc.edu/~everettj/BIOL301.html. The image banners at the top often don't display in Firefox. I can get them in Internet Explorer,...

new download has completely ruined my computer 's work ..I'm getting 1/2 pages.. slow or no loading. sometimes the mouse won't work.. I need to uninstall all of this.. please let me know how to do it!
Name: ann Email: Manhattan Product: Firefox Summary: new download has completely ruined my computer 's work ..I'm getting 1/2 pages.. slow or no loading. sometimes the mouse won't work.. I need to uninstall all of this.. please let me know how to do it!! Comments: what I just said!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

Firefox won't open and doesn't respond
Name: Victoria S Email: emitoriaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't open and doesn't respond Comments: I downloaded Firefox Beta version. Whenever I try to open Firefox, it does not open. I know I did not uninstall it, or move the program file, but after one time when I had several tabs open, Firefox continued to not respond, and eventually, I had to turn it off. However the nest time I tried to open Firefox, it did not open. No dialog box confirming error, or crash Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; e...

Web resources about - Firefox won't load; can't get it to work! - mozilla.feedback.firefox