Firefox starts with "Firefox updated" message continuously

Name:    christian bakker
Email:   christianbakkerathotmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Recently Firefox has been updated to 2.0.0.13. Since then every time I
start it, it adds a tab pane "Firefox has been successfully updated" (or
similar, in Dutch). Can this be switched off in future updates?

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
christian
4/7/2008 5:52:30 PM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

Disable "Firefox updated" message?
Hi, Is there any way to disable the message tab one gets after an automatic update has been installed and Firefox is restarted? Or, if not, is there any way to automatically close the tab without any action from the user, as soon as the message tab appears, for instance with scripts or another application? Thanks in advance ...

Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache
Name: Andy Email: asefkow_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache Comments: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/disk_cleanup.asp When I am running low on disk space, I run the Windows "Disk Cleanup" tool, accessible on the General Tab when you click Properties on your C: drive. This lets me clear the IE cache, temporary files, empty trash, etc. al...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

"Youi have been updated" on Firefox
Name: Dr.J Product: Firefox Summary: "Youi have been updated" on Firefox - daily message Comments: How do I put a stop to the daily startup intrusion of a Firefox browser page announcing a Firefox update which was done automatically without my authorization three weeks ago? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

"Update and start Firefox" button in startmenu
Name: Dino Burger Product: Firefox Summary: "Update and start Firefox" button in startmenu Comments: I currently wanted to update to 3.5.1 from 3.5 because our newspaper wrote that it is important (somehow funny that this is in print). In such cases it would be very handy to have a simple possibility to first update firefox before starting the software, optimally by a button in the startmenu. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to ...

"No thanks" to Firefox v5 update in Mac OS X's Firefox v3.6.22.
Hi. When I do an update check, I see "no thanks" button for less than a second. I don't want to upgrade after v3.6.22 (or whatever the latest in v3.6.x series until unsupported). How do I tell Firefox to never check for anything newer than v3.6.x? Thank you in advance. :) -- "PLEASE tell your aardvark that I'm NOT an anthill!" --unknown /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickn...

How to remove "Set Up Firefox Sync" button and related "Sync" items using userChrome.css on Firefox 4.0 final
I'm reporting this question in hopes someone else will see it. Hi all, I've already done my homework and found a page (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla/topics/exploitable_vulnerability_in_firefox_sync) detailing the necessary items to be put into userChrome.css. However, when I try the options detailed by the author, I still see that "Set Up Firefox Sync" under Tools > Options > Sync. Basically, it doesn't seem to work. I've pasted the below into my userChrome.css but I still see the Set Up Firefox Sync button. menu[label="Tools"] m...

Firefox "updates"
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox "updates" Comments: Will you PLEASE STOP screwing around with your browser? If I want IE-type crap I'll go back to IE. You are going to "upgrade" yourself to uselessness for most of my systems -- WinME on dial-up -- I do NOT want any fancy crap! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC ...

I like Firefox but... since I upgraded to 3.0.7 the "Firefox updated" tab always loads when I open the browser.
Name: Andy Bonham Email: andy_b_48183atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I like Firefox but... since I upgraded to 3.0.7 the "Firefox updated" tab always loads when I open the browser. Comments: "Firefox updated" tab always opens when I open the browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) th...

"X" starts when I start Firefox.
Name: John Velman Email: velmanatcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "X" starts when I start Firefox. Comments: Am using Firefox 3.0.1 on OS X 10.5.3. Whenever I start Firefox, the X window server also starts (X on doc). I can kill it with no apparent affect on Firefox. When I quit Firefox, X stays alive (if not killed separately). This is annoying, and seems to be to no purpose. I rarely use X anymore -- as I've become accustomed to Mac, I find that I don't need it. Annoying enough to drive me to Safari :-) Thanks. Browser...

"Firefox needs to be restartet" for "non-existing" update to same version
Name: Markus Product: Minefield Summary: "Firefox needs to be restartet" for "non-existing" update to same version Comments: 3.0a2pre does say it needs to restart during the update check because 3.0a2pre is the new version that will be installed during the re-start. Messages comes each time and never goes away. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9a2pre) Gecko/20070117 Minefield/3.0a2pre ...

The whole browser "greys" out w/message: "Firefox is not responding..."
Name: Michael Simmons Email: buzzard73atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: The whole browser "greys" out w/message: "Firefox is not responding..." Comments: Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently opened web page. You can try: * Removing one or more tabs that you think may be causing the problem * Starting an entirely new browsing session ...

"X"ing out of Firefox leaves Firefox running
Name: michael elliott Email: openmind1atearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: "X"ing out of Firefox leaves Firefox running Comments: Scenario. I open Firefox 3 from my desktop icon. I work with it and close it by clicking on the red X in the upper right corner of my window. Later on I attempt to open Firefox again. Clicking on the icon sets the hourglass in motion for a second or two. Sometimes I get an error message telling me I already have a Firefox session running and that I have to close it before I can open a new one. Sometimes I don't get tha...

Web resources about - Firefox starts with "Firefox updated" message continuously - mozilla.feedback.firefox