Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window

Name:    Igor
Email:   igordotivanovatlistdotru
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Sometimes after closing Firefox window by X button I find its process is
still alive. So I can't run Firefox again without killing this process
manually.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; ru; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 MRA 5.4 (build 02647) Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Igor

When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? This bug needs to be fixed! -- "Jay" <jemontes48@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ZOSdnXsvzv8FzuXVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@mozilla.org... > When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! > It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? > This bug needs to be fixed! Tools → Options → Tabs → Warn (me) when closing multiple tabs Tools → Options → Tabs → Always show the tab bar The second one will stop Firefox fro...

When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well.
Name: Jean-Victor Côté Email: jean-vdotcoteatsympatico.ca Product: Firefox Summary: When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well. Comments: It does not always happen, but it is as if all windows were tabs of the same window that closes without warning when a particular tab is closed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze
Name: Sebastian Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze Comments: The problem stated above happend quite often after Firefox was running for some time 3-4 Hours. When restarting Firefox a message that firefox was already running popped of, and the process had to be stopped via task manager (ctrl alt del). Second thing I recognized was when starting 2-3 memory intense Flash-Applications in tabs firefox would freeze (games f...

Firefox or not Firefox

FireFox 3 Beta5 Bug
Name: Eli R Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: FireFox 3 Beta5 Bug - When closing firefox while Java applet is running the firefox process remains active. Comments: When closing firefox while Java applet is running the firefox process remains active. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.
Name: Beli Cvet Email: belicvetathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. Comments: Quality control has slipped. Many people cannot run the browser at all because they haven't been able to solve the issue with Firefox becoming locked in the last several versions. BUT THEY HAVE ADDRESSED THE ISSUE in 2.0!!! How? Why they have updated the stupid error message! It used to say: "Firefox is already running, but is not re...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system
Name: alex d Email: titer_23athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system Comments: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system........ I got rid of firefox more than a yeart ago because of this problem on another computer, now i try it again and still have this problem, firefox is getting worse , and IE is getting better.......

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system.
I get this message when I try to run Firefox. "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system." I have tried to uninstall and re-install. Things are still the same. Anyone have any ideas? On 18.06.2006 08:25, Joseph Nicastro wrote: --- Original Message --- > I get this message when I try to run Firefox. > > "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you > must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your ...

Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."
Name: Edward A. Product: Firefox Summary: Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." Comments: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." This is the error message I have already gotten a dozen times since I just upgraded (it's been less than a day since I upgraded to v3. I am not using the firefox browser any differently than ...

When user close firefox, literally close firefox
Name: tommy Email: tommytong888athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: When user close firefox, literally close firefox Comments: The most annoying thing in firefox, is that when you close firefox, you can't reopen firefox right away. Firefox is a fast browser, however if you consider the time it takes for you to go to task manager each time to end process before you can start a new session with firefox, firefox is the slowest browser in the market. My suggestion is to have a feature where when user closes firefox, forcefully close firefox, I really don't care ab...

Firefox process does not close in the windows process viewer!
Name: MVL Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox process does not close in the windows process viewer! Comments: Firefox process does not close in the windows process viewer! I can open up firefox 10 times and it will keep all 10 in the windows process viewer (even if they are all closed!). Help! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1) ...

firefox 3.6.3 reopens all windows when restarted after a kill of firefox process
Name: roger weiss Email: r2weissatwanadoodotfr Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3.6.3 reopens all windows when restarted after a kill of firefox process Comments: scenario 1- open several windows using firefox 3.6.3 2- let's say one of them is consumming a huge amount of processor and one needs to kill "firefox" process via the windows process explorer. 3- when one restarts firefox all previous openned windows are reopen. 4- in previous releases, firefox pop-up'd and asked what it shall do: a) reopen all previous openned windows b) start new ses...

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Web resources about - Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox