Firefox, meet the Firefox

Name:    brooks
Email:   brooksonleyatyahoodotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox
user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you
may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese
name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange,
raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one.

Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation
[http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Firefox." I saw the title, and
I thought: what great potential this has as a "green" tie-in! Mozilla
Firefox would get mad props for putting the cute, cuddly face of its
mascot in a global limelight (and make lots of friends in China besides,
a huge market), and the panda would benefit from the exposure. How
terrible would it be for Firefox to be around in 30 years without its
namesake?

So I dunno... I'm not great at the marketing bit, but I figure there
could be actual photos of the beastie on Firefox T-shirts, plush
firefoxes wearing Firefox products, with 1% going to conservation of the
species and its habitat... "adoptions" of habitat or captive
individuals... or, something.

Anyway, wanted to put that out there, it's been rattling around in my
head for a day or two. it'd just be a great feel-good thingie, and a
great way to make Firefox/Mozilla to boost its image even further. But
you'll have to take it from there, 'cause I'm only an "idea guy". ;)

Thanks, and congrats on a consistenly awesome product!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
brooks
1/27/2009 5:47:20 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox within Firefox
For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox -- verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the internet." This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet, thanks much. However, the destination IP is always along the lines of 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of my ISP. So I've been saying yes. But I'm wondering why of a sudden this access is taking place, or being questioned, or what...

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

Firefox uses Firefox.

My feedback on Firefox 2 latest stable and Firefox 3
Name: Francois Email: tattva81atyahoodotfr Product: Firefox Summary: My feedback on Firefox 2 latest stable and Firefox 3 Comments: Hi Mozilla people, I must say I'm a huge Firefox Fan starting 1.0 release and I have recommended many people around me to use Firefox during all these years, the product was great, light-weight, fast and extremely reliable. I happened to try Firefox 3 during 2 days but I couldn't bear using it any more : Why ? 1. Insane loading time at startup (easily 3 and a half full minutes to dare to start) 2. Add-ons that setup themselves wit...

FireFox up to FireFox 3.0
Name: Steve Email: woipatonlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox up to FireFox 3.0 Comments: with intervals the Firefox Browser displays a false page reproduction. The interval can be short or longer. These effects have I got in all FF versions. What is the reason of this Browser behavior? Is it a sytem fault? Or is the reason elsewhere to find? sincerely yours, Steve Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox rules, Rock Your Firefox!
Hello everybody, I wanted to share with you an amazing article written on Wired.t by Giovanni Francesco Solone aka Gioxx, one of the Mozilla Italia Team member: http://www.wired.it/news/archivio/2010-04/05/firefox-rules,-rock-your-firefox!.aspx Cheers, Giuliano -- Mozilla Italia Web Site http://www.mozillaitalia.org/ Mozilla Italia Forums http://forum.mozillaitalia.org/ Wow - cool! Thanks for sharing! Barbara On Apr 6, 2010, at 6:59 PM, Giuliano Masseroni wrote: > Hello everybody, >=20 > I wanted to share with you an amazing article written on Wired...

Upgrade to Firefox (Firefox 3)
Name: Bill Dunlop Email: billdunlopatpostmasterdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Upgrade to Firefox (Firefox 3) Comments: Taking up your offer to 'upgrade' to Firefox 3 is possibly one of my poorer decisions- my principal issue is with the browser which not only added two (or was it three?) bookmarks not loaded into my browser bar, but deleted several. I use the browser for online news and professional purposes, with the FT, Independent, Guardian, Herald, Scotsman and Aljezeera, in my browser along with University of Edinburgh home page, postmaster.co.uk (email pr...

wrong firefox on firefox.de
Name: Gandalf Product: Firefox Summary: wrong firefox on firefox.de Comments: Hey, there is a bad version of firefox (usage of Firefox logo) on firefox.de :/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox & Firefox 3
Name: Steve Sadler Email: grstevesadlerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox & Firefox 3 Comments: Hi I downloaded Firefox 3 both because I prefer your browser & because I thought it might fix a problem I have had for some time... I can't access my Gmail account. The sign up process to access my account always ends with a blank screen. I have been forced to revert to explorer to get my mail. Any thoughts? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox / Firefox RC / Namoroka
Name: Durante degli Alighieri Email: infoatrealheavendotde Product: Namoroka Summary: Firefox / Firefox RC / Namoroka Comments: Dear ladies and gentlemen, please check following function. The update process. I have following system (different users: from beginner level {never used the settings} to information scientist) where the function does not work (I checked the settings - the fault is not there). Mac OS X 10.6.1 - 10.6.2 since yesterday(Minefield, Namoroka, Firefox and Firefox Beta {both + alpha} had been installed in the last month) - The newest updates did not c...

Web resources about - Firefox, meet the Firefox - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox