Firefox 3.6.9 and 3.6.10 Become Unresponsive

Name:    Nathan Richards
Email:   acejaxatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Since upgrading to 3.6.9, Firefox will become unresponsive if I let the
browser sit for a time with many tabs open (10+ tabs). I am not watching
streaming video, and am mostly going to text-based reference sites.

This, for me, is repeatable and happens every time I let the browser sit
for more than, say, 20 minutes when I have a lot of tabs open. When
returning to the browser, I get the spinning beach ball for a long time.
Eventually, Firefox will respond, but each subsequent click results in
the long beach ball wait again.

I did not have this problem prior to 3.6.9.

Running Max 0SX 10.6.4, 4GM RAM, Core i5 iMac.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Nathan

Disaster of Firefox 3.6.8, 3.6.10, 3.6.11 and 4.06beta.
Name: Lindsay Stubbin Email: stubbo44attpgdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Disaster of Firefox 3.6.8, 3.6.10, 3.6.11 and 4.06beta. Comments: I have been using Firefox for about 3 or 4 years, and have always been very quick to praise it and recommend it to anyone who would listen, but no more. For me, all versions after 3.6 have been an unmitigated disaster. I am totally unable to access many websites, including my own ISP, and many pages that I am able to access can take literally several minutes to load. Many times, before a page even loads, I am redirected to google a...

Firefox 3.6.7 Incorrectly Blocking IDM CC 6.9.8, 6.9.9 #3
Name: azhan Email: kent_knyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.7 Incorrectly Blocking IDM CC 6.9.8, 6.9.9 Comments: Please help. I'm a licensed user of IDM and am running the latest version (5.19). Firefox updated to v3.6.7 and now blocks the IDM add-on. Because it's been "disabled for (my) protection" according to Firefox, I can't re-enable it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no ...

Unable to load Firefox 3.6.3 on Mac OSX 10.6.3
Name: John Sweet Email: zerihalathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Unable to load Firefox 3.6.3 on Mac OSX 10.6.3 Comments: Firefox recently updated itself on my Mac and since then no longer opens when I try to access it from application (or any other way). Only way I have found to resolve this is to roll back to an earlier version of Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedbac...

(OOPS MEANT 3.6.4 not 3.6.3) No google.com pages will load in firefox 3.6.4
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: (OOPS MEANT 3.6.4 not 3.6.3) No google.com pages will load in firefox 3.6.4 Comments: I have been trying since I dl'ed 3.6.4 to get to my home page ( http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en). I can not get it or any other google.com site to load. I have tested it on all my other browswers & google loads fine. I can't even fill out the broken website form from the browwser menu because it never loads. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100413 Firefox/3.6.4...

Firefox 3.6.3 and 3.6.4 BUG
Name: oleh Email: gelo05atmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.3 and 3.6.4 BUG Comments: I am using AJAX control toolkit and AjaxControlToolkit.WCSFExtensions for server side validation. Firefox doesn't highlight the unvalid controls (for instance: "tbx2"). And it allow to do postback if PageIsValid - false. And in some situations ValidationCallout doesn't appiers. It is confusing users. IE highlight all controls correctly. And don't allow to do postback if page isn't valid. To see bug - compare with IE validation. Example: ...

Firefox 3.6.6 #3
Name: Jarret Email: jarretcadeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.6 Comments: It's great that you guys have the crash protection feature going on but can you give users the option to change the timeout settings? You kind of fucked over people with better computers because the people with older ones thought that things were too quick. Just because they are too cheap to upgrade doesn't mean you should ruin the experience further for those of us that spend money to have a nice computer. Otherwise, I love using FireFox and glad that you guys do all t...

Firefox 3.6.3 #6
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.3 Comments: I have Firefox 3.6.3 and have never had so many problems before. Drop down menus are invisible. Firefox hangs, does not respond, won't shut down and is extremely slow. Scrolling is not smooth. All in all, I am going to stop using Firefox and go back to IE or maybe use Safari. I have had it with Firefox. Too bad, it use to be the best. You guys have really made a mess of what use to be a great browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; (R1 1.6); .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CL...

Firefox 3.6.7 Incorrectly Blocking IDM CC 6.9.8, 6.9.9
Name: twokatmew Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.7 Incorrectly Blocking IDM CC 6.9.8, 6.9.9 Comments: Firefox 3.6.7 is blocking IDM CC, and according to the developers, this is incorrect. Your block report even says ""Internet Download Manager, v2.1-3.3 for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: caused startup crashes (see bug 382356)." Firefox will not allow me to update, or even uninstall IDM, and your bug report is from 2007! Would you please unblock IDM CC so I can update and continue using it? I've been using it for years and have never had any problem...

Firefox 3.6.7 Incorrectly Blocking IDM CC 6.9.8, 6.9.9 #2
Name: azhan Email: kent_knyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.7 Incorrectly Blocking IDM CC 6.9.8, 6.9.9 Comments: Please help. I'm a licensed user of IDM and am running the latest version (5.19). Firefox updated to v3.6.7 and now blocks the IDM add-on. Because it's been "disabled for (my) protection" according to Firefox, I can't re-enable it. how to re enable it??? please help! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.7) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) From U...

Firefox 3.6.6 #6
Name: Nishikant Email: nishikantdotpandaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.6 Comments: Dear Sir / Mam, I am a big fan of firefox and have been using it for years now. Yesterday night I was upgraded to the latest version of firefox and ever since whenever I open gmail it gets automatically redirected to google calendar...is this a firefox issue? The same works fine with IE though...and I am not so fond of IE. Thanks Nishikant Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 From URL: http://hen...

Firefox 3.6.3 #3
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.3 Comments: Cannot download pdf files and open them with Adobe Acrobat when the current version was installed. The old version 3.0.18 works fine. Bummer! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.18) Gecko/2010020219 Firefox/3.0.18 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

cannot record on real player, firefox 3.6.5 and 3.6.6
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: cannot record on real player, firefox 3.6.5 and 3.6.6 Comments: i cannot make record a video streaming in Real player thru firefox 3.6.5 and 3.6.6 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3.6 Beta 3 #6
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6 Beta 3 Comments: Just wanted to say that all of my usual websites are running perfectly with the new beta software. good job. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2b3) Gecko/20091115 Firefox/3.6b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3.6.3 #9
Name: Bruno Email: brunohenrique_999athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.3 Comments: Gosto muito do firefox, sempre o utilizei, mas nessas novas versões 3.6.x, ele está consumindo muita memória, e as vezes travando o ponteiro do mouse ou até mesmo travando o firefox. Fora isso, está muito bom. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.6.9 and 3.6.10 Become Unresponsive - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Whitney Houston's daughter 'unresponsive'
THE daughter of late singer and entertainer Whitney Houston has been found unresponsive in a bathtub and taken to an Atlanta-area hospital.

Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub
Bobbi Kristina Brown, the only daughter of late pop star Whitney Houston and singer Bobby Brown, was found unresponsive in a bathtub at her Georgia ...

Rescuers Find 31 Unresponsive as Japan Volcano Rescue Continues
Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) More than 30 people may be dead in a volcanic eruption in central Japan, the nation's second natural disaster in the past ...

Joni Mitchell in coma and unresponsive
The folk music legend is in a coma and 'so impaired as to be incapable of being assessed' four weeks after she was hospitalised.

Unresponsive plane crashes off Jamaica, killing U.S. couple
A single-engine U.S. plane that flew for hours without responding to attempts to communicate crashed in the water north of Jamaica after crossing ...

Whitney Houston's daughter found unresponsive in tub; taken to hospital
The daughter of late singer and entertainer Whitney Houston was found unresponsive in a bathtub Saturday and taken to a hospital in the north ...

Plane with unresponsive pilot crashes off Jamaica
... pilot failed to respond to repeated contact attempts by air traffic controllers, government officials said. A private U.S. plane with an unresponsive ...

Police: Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of Whitney Houston, found unresponsive in tub - 7online.com
Police say Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, was found unresponsive at a home in Roswell, Georgia. ...

Some Nexus 5X owners experiencing unresponsive touch screens while charging
Not a single phone manages to escape odd glitches and bugs at some point in its lifetime, and now it looks like it's the Nexus 5X's turn for ...

Jamaican officials: Unresponsive US plane crashes north of island
Shadowed much of the way by two U.S. fighter jets, a small plane with an unresponsive pilot flew a ghostly 1,700-mile journey down the East Coast ...